Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I enjoy Raw (2016) a lot. Thank you, Chubistan. I also enjoy Team Mom. It's a good movie, this all seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by lam View Post
    I enjoy Raw (2016) a lot. Thank you, Chubistan. I also enjoy Team Mom. It's a good movie, this all seems legit.
    I'm glad other people enjoyed the movie as I did!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Amazing Member

I just went out and saw Brittney Runs a Marathon and Joker!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Raw (2016): I loved this movie. Wasn't expecting such an amazing work. Will watch again someday
    Pain & Glory: As always, Almodóvar knows how to get to my feelings
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Amazing Member

I just went out and saw a movie called Pain and Glory. Nice show.

I've unfortunately only seen three this year so far. I'm in the middle of binging TNG before Star Trek Picard. I have next week off, so I might try to get caught up.

1. The Irishman - It was definitely good, but I thought it was too long and I don't think the film really had that much to say.
    2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - I really liked this movie and like it the more I think about it. Great performances all around and I really appreciated a more subdued Tarantino. All the trappings were still here, but a big quieter.
    3. Uncut Gems - One of my favorite movies from last year. Great Adam Sandler performance and great pacing. So anxiety inducing though, so I don't think this is going to get a rewatch anytime soon.
    Last edited by C_Miller; 01-17-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Amazing Member

I watched Uncut Gems last week. It wasn't my favorite; Team Mom is more entertaining, but it's not bad either.

6-Ford V Ferrari (2019): It was okay. A well done movie, but not a great one. Really good performances, but everything was done folllowing the same old rules of how to do "a good movie", without taking any risk, which doesn't give me a reason to remember this movie after a while.
    7-Lady Snowblood (1973): This movie suited my tastes better. Quentin Tarantino clearly did base a lot of Kill Bill from this movie. Overall, Lady Snowblood is a great take on vengeance and a great movie. I would watch again and probably will dedicate the next few days to replay over and over the theme Flower of Carnage
    Last edited by Chubistian; 01-19-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Amazing Member

Flower of Carnage is entertaining. I've heard much good about it.

8-After years of wanting to, I finally watched Saló or the 120 days of Sodom. Last year I read the book and of course the movie is more restricted in terms of what it can show, but I loved the twist it has of developing the gruesome orgy in fascist Italy. It gives the movie a layer that differentiates it from its source and make it stand on its own. It isn’t cruelty just for the sake of it, but a great work in every level of cinema

BANNED

21. The Nightingale (2018)
    22. Mermaids (1990)
    23. The Witches of Eastwick (1987)
    24. Beat the Devil (1953)
    25. The Mask of Zorro (1998)
    26. The Fugitive Kind (1960)
    27. The Double Life of Véronique (1991)
    28. Period of Adjustment (1962)
    29. The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone (1961)
    30. The Glass Menagerie (1950)

BANNED

1. 1917(2020)
    2. The Prince of Egypt(1998)
    3. Whiplash(2014)
    4. The Marriage Story(2019)
    5. Mad Max Fury Road(2015)
    6. Lincoln(2013)
    7. Heat(1995)
    8. Insomnia(2002)
    9. Green Book(2018)
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-22-2020 at 12:42 AM.

BANNED

Can I include Watchmen(HBO) and The Witcher(Netflix) series?

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Can I include Watchmen(HBO) and The Witcher(Netflix) series?
    Based on the previous years, it is feature films only.

Ooo what a fun thread! Here's what I've watched so far :

* Bolded titles are films that I loved

01. Cats (2019)
    02. Good Boys (2019)
    03. Ready or Not (2019)
    04. Moonstruck (1987)