Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

9-Knives Out (2019): A really fun movie. I liked the twist in the whodunnit genre and a great cast
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

10-Some Like It Hot (1959): This was a lot of fun. An smart comedy
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

BANNED

10. Miller Crossing(1991)
    11. Mean Streets(1973)

11. Onibaba (1964): another great film

Added several over the last couple weeks. I'm going to star movies that I've seen before going forward.

4. Star Trek: Generations* - Super uneven, but has a lot of great moments.
    5. Snowpiercer - Great, great film. Really enjoyed pretty much everything about it.
    6. Star Trek: First Contact* - Doesn't quite hit the highs of the best Star Trek movies, but really enjoyable action movie.
    7. Star Trek: Nemesis* - If I don't see this every again, it'll be too soon.
    8. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - I really liked this. Gorgeous action scenes, but the story made me want to watch it again.
    9. Wall-E - Really cute, but a bit avant garde for a Disney animated movie. Probably my favorite Pixar
    10. Little Women (2019) - This made me change my top 10 list. Don't have any connection to the source material, but the movie sold it. Saoirse Ronan is the best actress working today. Fight me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    11. Onibaba (1964): another great film
    If you haven’t seen it check out Kuroneko (1968). It’s the companion film to Onibaba. Same director and actors and a similar story.

BANNED

31. Five Easy Pieces (1970)
    32. What Did Jack Do? (2020)
    33. River’s Edge (1987)
    34. The Color of Money (1986)
    35. The Queen (1968)
    36. Loving Vincent (2017)
    37. Manhunter (1986)
    38. The Hustler (1961)
    39. Girl, Interrupted (1999)
    40. Run Silent, Run Deep (1958)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    If you haven’t seen it check out Kuroneko (1968). It’s the companion film to Onibaba. Same director and actors and a similar story.
    I will put it on my neverending list of films to watch. Thanks for the recommendation, I definitely want to check out more works by the director.

12. Bohemian Rhapsody: not much to add. It is a well done movie and I enjoyed watching it, but it won’t be on my mind in the future

11. Panic Room - A passable thriller with some conceits that pushed my ability to suspend the disbelief in order to move the plot. Also could have benefited from being shorter.
    12. Dark City - I thought this was incredible. A fun movie to watch on a surface level, but something that is way deeper upon a closer look. Definitely excited to watch this again knowing the ending.
    13. John Wick - A dumb action movie that doesn't suck! Fantastic action, surprisingly solid story, but more than anything, I found the world building super compelling. I want to see more in this world.
    14. Big Trouble in Little China - This movie was so much fun. I described this as a movie that was so much movie and usually that's a criticism for me, but everything here worked.

13. 1917(2019)
    14. The Lighthouse (2019)
    15. Little Women (2019)
    16. Gone with the Wind (1939)

I keep on with my preparation for some Academy Awards with a bunch of friends. The Lighthouse and Little Women have been my favorites alongside Parasite so far. 1917 is certainly a good movie, but I usually don't get crazy for war movies. Gone with the Wind is an insta-fav. One of the best movies I've ever seen

13. Apocalypse Now: Final Cut (1979/2019) - I rewatched this within a month. Both times at theaters. First time watching a movie more than once at a theater.
    14. Man of the West (1958)
    15. Persona (1966)
    16. Othello (1951)
    17. Dogtooth (2009)
    18. 12 Monkeys (1995)
    19. Requiem for a Dream (2000)
    20. Happiness (1998)
    21. Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
    22. The Parallax View (1974)
    23. Battling Butler (1926)
    24. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
    Last edited by Billy Batson; 02-05-2020 at 04:10 AM.
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    13. Man of the West (1958)
    14. Persona (1966)
    15. Othello (1951)
    16. Dogtooth (2009)
    17. 12 Monkeys (1995)
    18. Requiem for a Dream (2000)
    19. Happiness (1998)
    20. Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
    21. The Parallax View (1974)
    22. Battling Butler (1926)
    23. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
    Hi
    12.No Country for Old Men(2007)
    13.Mud(2012)
    14.Munich(2005)
    15.Arrival(2016)

BANNED

41. Parasite (2019)
    42. Muriel’s Wedding (1994)
    43. La La Land (2016)
    44. Judy (2019)
    45. Montgomery Clift (1983)
    46. Suddenly, Last Summer (1959)
    47. Toy Story 4 (2019)
    48. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019)
    49. I Saw the Devil (2010)
    50. Pain and Glory (2019)

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

1. Guyver Dark Hero
    This direct sequel to the Campy The Guyver movie removed all issues of the 1st movie.
    It's a Serious dark science fiction super hero movie with serious Villains, entertaining high action climax, the tone remains constant as a Serious Science Fiction super hero movie, great action scenes that includes violence with blood and fatalities, also a charismatic likable badass main hero and and a Main Villain that you take seriously. This movie more than once show's why it's a Rated R movie, and is faithful to the Guyver manga including the same kind of violence that movies Robocop, The Running Man, and Aliens has.
    From start to finish a great entertaining science fiction super hero movie, and this was released to DVD.
    That's why Guyver fans still should get a faithful to the Guyver manga live action reboot movie on the big screen.

15. Miss Americana - I'm not really a fan of Taylor Swift the musician, but I do like Taylor Swift the person. I was disappointed to see this was more of a PR thing than a cutting doc, but it did approach that territory in parts.
    16. Ford v. Ferrari - I liked elements of it, but I think a lot of the accolades are coming from the final race sequence. That was spectacular while I found the rest of the film kind of dull.
    17. Compliance - This was a super uncomfortable watch. I found myself thinking that a lot of the "shocking" elements were very unrealistic only to find out that the details were verbatim to an actual real life event. Everyone should have to watch this film.
    18. Kill Bill Vol. 1 - Not my favorite Tarantino, but still a lot of fun. My only problem is that I feel like most of the movie was just a set up for action sequence at the end. This film could have been distilled and then we wouldn't need part 2.
    19. Shoplifters - This movie was absolutely beautiful in its handling of disenfranchised, broken people. In a lot of ways it was a counterpoint to Parasite in that regard. There's a kindness to this movie that you don't often see in a film about criminals.

I'm back on track, though I'm falling short of my subgoal of 50 foreign films. Gonna have to make up for lost ground there soon.