Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Well, the BIG difference is that back then yes, there was a shitload of 'events'. But they all had a beginning, a middle and an end.
    Now, the trend is to have one event run straight into another without resolving anything.
    Zero Hour - complete story. Didn't need the tie-ins, but could join in if you wanted. (and some were GREAT)
    Knightfall
    KnightQuest
    KnightsEnd
    Again, didn't need to read all, but the story was so much better if you did.
    Death of Superman
    Funeral for a Friend
    Reign of the Supermen
    Same as the Bat Books.
    The difference is, the stories were so good you WANTED to see what happened next! The last page of Detective #663? Oh. My. GOD!!! I had to have Batman #497 IMMEDIATELY! I couldn't wait!!
    Same as Terminal Velocity in the Flash. I couldn't get my hands on the next issue fast enough. I can't remember last reading a story in the last decade that hooked me like that.
    I see but those were probably contained and the event books(which seems to come out now every 6 months)didn't effect any title and interrupt ongoing stories?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    wow that's not a bad choice how old is he?
    In my head-canon, Kyle got his ring in his mid to late 20s, and is in his early 30s now.

Incredible Member

I see but those were probably contained and the event books(which seems to come out now every 6 months)didn't effect any title and interrupt ongoing stories?
    To me, 2 are the features of DC in the 90s: (i) Embrace of the Legacy, and a (ii) truly interconnected Universe.

On one hand, you had dozen of new heroes following in the footsteps of very well known heroes (Kyle, Wally, Jean-Paul, Superboy, Steel, etc), on the other, it felt extremely interconnected (GL and the Titans, Azrael and Robin, Batman, or Catwoman, Superboy and Superman, Steel and Superman, or Warrior, etc). You would see heroes popping out in each other's titles almost monthly.

On top of that, big events were for the most part, contained to the pages of the event book (Zero Hour, Underworld Unleashed, The Final Night, etc).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    In my head-canon, Kyle got his ring in his mid to late 20s, and is in his early 30s now.
    I still think kyle is in his middle 20s I'll put guy john and hal in their early 30s .

BANNED

To me, 2 are the features of DC in the 90s: (i) Embrace of the Legacy, and a (ii) truly interconnected Universe.

On one hand, you had dozen of new heroes following in the footsteps of very well known heroes (Kyle, Wally, Jean-Paul, Superboy, Steel, etc), on the other, it felt extremely interconnected (GL and the Titans, Azrael and Robin, Batman, or Catwoman, Superboy and Superman, Steel and Superman, or Warrior, etc). You would see heroes popping out in each other's titles almost monthly.

On top of that, big events were for the most part, contained to the pages of the event book (Zero Hour, Underworld Unleashed, The Final Night, etc).
    Yep legacy definitely feels like it's missing it probably started to fizzle out once hal returned to life and it was a huge success and then the new 52 happened and for a little while it was brought back with rebirth but it died again when dan d took the reign again.

Incredible Member

I still think kyle is in his middle 20s I'll put guy john and hal in their early 30s .
    It is extremely, extremely difficult to reconcile Hal in his early 30s with, well, pretty much everything. I mean, even if he became a Captain in the Air Force by the age of 22 (and that is a HUGE if), he was probably Green Lantern for around 8 to 10 years by the time of Zero Hour (that's in the early 90s). Given that Zero Hour retconned Superman as first showing up 10 years ago at that time, and (I would say) GL shortly after, by 1995, I would give Hal 30 years old then (which would further reinforce the idea that going grey so early was off).

However, we have 25 years since Zero Hour, and all things considered, even if comic time is different from real-time, there is no way he is younger than 35 by now. I personally would say he is probably 36 or more.

BANNED

It is extremely, extremely difficult to reconcile Hal in his early 30s with, well, pretty much everything. I mean, even if he became a Captain in the Air Force by the age of 22 (and that is a HUGE if), he was probably Green Lantern for around 8 to 10 years by the time of Zero Hour (that's in the early 90s). Given that Zero Hour retconned Superman as first showing up 10 years ago at that time, and (I would say) GL shortly after, by 1995, I would give Hal 30 years old then (which would further reinforce the idea that going grey so early was off).

However, we have 25 years since Zero Hour, and all things considered, even if comic time is different from real-time, there is no way he is younger than 35 by now. I personally would say he is probably 36 or more.
    Yes due to comics time slide most of the silver age heroes will always be around 34-35 years old range if you ask me it goes:

JSA:50-60
    JLA:32-36
    Titans and kyle:23-26
    Young justice:17-19

And the rest like Damien's and Jon Kent pre time skip are probably 10-13

BANNED

tumblr_p8o52d2rpB1wqq3teo3_500.jpg

Okay can someone explain what's going on lol. ?

BANNED

Kyle and big bro kyle

IMG_20200131_172557.jpg

BANNED

IMG_20200131_172601.jpg

Those two really feel like a genuine and caring dynamic with each other.

BANNED

Kyle as the mighty morphine power rangers

16383310002_1e78a527ae_b.jpg

Yes due to comics time slide most of the silver age heroes will always be around 34-35 years old range if you ask me it goes:

JSA:50-60
    JLA:32-36
    Titans and kyle:23-26
    Young justice:17-19

And the rest like Damien's and Jon Kent pre time skip are probably 10-13
    The JSA are about 20 years older than that. Remember, they have to have been in their prime in World War II, not just born!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

JSA members had slow aging at times. And the limbo thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    JSA members had slow aging at times. And the limbo thing.
    Yes if I remember correctly it was a mini series where they were stuck in limbo.

Amazing Member

I'm a huge fan of Kyle Rayner as green lantern, I didn't get into green lantern series until the Issue that the guardian Ganthet changed everything for Kyle Rayner and gave him the green lantern ring and he became "The Torchbearer" the only green lantern for awhile. I liked that he got with Donna Troy until they were not together and he moved on with Jade, I liked Jade. That is when she returned home and cheated on Kyle and hurt him, though it was also his fault to I believe for staying out in space. The Ion series was interesting, I would have liked to seen the series last longer than it did with Kyle as Ion. When Kyle ran into Donna again as Ion I kind of hoped that they would reconcile and get back together, but that is just wishful thinking. Kyle is cursed with relationships that don't end well it seems for whatever reasons, be nice to see someone stick with him and not just up and leave.

I didn't read the corps series that Kyle was in, the next series with Kyle that I read was Green Lantern: New Guardians series with all the other lanterns in it. In that series he became the white lantern and created the white lantern corps, I liked him as the white lantern and hoped he'd stay as a white lantern. During the Green Lantern: New Guardian series and the Green Lantern/new gods crossover event godhead event, a new romantic relationship was forming.

The new romantic relationship that was forming that no one even liked from what I could tell looking it up, except for probably only me was Carol and Kyle. I liked the relationship I have to admit even though it came out of no where from what I could see and my thinking till the series/event ended. At the end Carol and Kyle go home together and wonder how long did that relationship last or is it still ongoing.

That series the new guardians was in 2011 to 2015 so now I'm trying to catch up with what kyle's been doing after the new guardian series and if he's with anyone now, does he have a new series or if not I hope DC gives him another series. Also been trying to catch up with what's been going on with DC in general now
    Last edited by IonRyner; 02-03-2020 at 02:14 AM.