Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,328

    Default Morrison & Sharp's The Green Lantern *latest issue spoilers*

    Hal Jordan vs Controller Mu is taking some new twists and turns that I, for one, was not expecting. However, trying to out-think a Morrison story is always a mistake. His stories are meant to be chewed on.

    I am going to be doing a rereading of the first few issues this week. Anyone want to discuss it, I'll doing it here. Looking forward to seeing how much more stuff there is in these books when you dig deeper.

    Free will vs control has revealed itself as Morrison's primary theme. Wonder if Darkseid, seeker of the Anti-Life Equation, breaker of wills, might show up.

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Hal Jordan vs Controller Mu is taking some new twists and turns that I, for one, was not expecting. However, trying to out-think a Morrison story is always a mistake. His stories are meant to be chewed on.

    I am going to be doing a rereading of the first few issues this week. Anyone want to discuss it, I'll doing it here. Looking forward to seeing how much more stuff there is in these books when you dig deeper.

    Free will vs control has revealed itself as Morrison's primary theme. Wonder if Darkseid, seeker of the Anti-Life Equation, breaker of wills, might show up.
    I was getting "The Matrix" flashbacks when Mu was talking about how Hal is still being controlled even if he doesn't know it, etc... I need to read it again when I'm not rushing to get to work.

    Great stuff with Adam Strange though. I am really liking how Sharp depicts Hal as well.

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Actuallly,I'm exciting about Grant Morrison bring back GL's ring universe.Which I personally think it's a great idea.Sort of like Hal private fortress of solitude or valhalla.
    And he bring back spoilers:
    myrwhydden
    end of spoilers
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

  4. #4
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Did anyone else notice that Alanna is back to being white again? The last appearance before this issue I remember is in Death Of Hawkman. Anyone else remember her most recent appearance?

  5. #5
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Free will vs control has revealed itself as Morrison's primary theme. Wonder if Darkseid, seeker of the Anti-Life Equation, breaker of wills, might show up.
    Perhaps a use of the Anti-Life Equation outside of the Fourth World mythos?

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Actuallly,I'm exciting about Grant Morrison bring back GL's ring universe.Which I personally think it's a great idea.Sort of like Hal private fortress of solitude or valhalla.
    And he bring back spoilers:
    myrwhydden
    end of spoilers
    That last page, what does it mean?

  7. #7
    Mighty Member Jody Garland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    That last page, what does it mean?
    The guy on the last page was a being trapped inside the world inside Hal's ring back in the Silver Age. He was a powerful sorcerer that Abin Sur fought originally.

  8. #8
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    4,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The guy on the last page was a being trapped inside the world inside Hal's ring back in the Silver Age. He was a powerful sorcerer that Abin Sur fought originally.
    The way he is drawn here, I wonder if Morrison is gonna make him into a 5th dimensional imp.

    He does love his 5ŧħ dimensional imps.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  9. #9
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,328

    Default

    Mrythwydn of the unspellable name is already Hal's Mr.Myx of the more unspellable.

    He's the weed and shrooms version of a 5th Dimensional Imp, which Broome was definitely tripping on when he invented him with Gil Kane.

  10. #10
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Perhaps a use of the Anti-Life Equation outside of the Fourth World mythos?
    I suspect he'll be tying Starlin's idea of an Anti-Life Entity with Kirby's concept of it being the Ultimate Control over Free Will.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Jody Garland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    The way he is drawn here, I wonder if Morrison is gonna make him into a 5th dimensional imp.

    He does love his 5ŧħ dimensional imps.
    I hope so. There's a part of me that wants a Super Pet and an Imp for each of the Big Seven. We ain't that far from those either, if you get a little creative.

  12. #12
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Another good issue, seems like the next is going to really kick off the whole thing in Morrison style.

    Glad Morrison is staying for at least 24 issues but hope he stays on for more. Feels like DC can only do Green Lantern right with a big writer nowadays.

  13. #13
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,328

    Default

    Sharp's contributions to this book's success cannot be overstated. This is, by far, the best work he's ever done.

  14. #14
    Incredible Member Slim Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    8 Mile
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Sharp's contributions to this book's success cannot be overstated. This is, by far, the best work he's ever done.
    He is killing it. He’s just doing so much different stuff and it all looks great. Morrison is bringing his craziest ideas and Sharp is keeping up and then some.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I hope so. There's a part of me that wants a Super Pet and an Imp for each of the Big Seven. We ain't that far from those either, if you get a little creative.
    Aquaman has like super-pet superiority. But I feel like Batman lately has been giving him a run for his money, with Ace, Ace II, Titus, Bat-Cow, Alfred the Cat, etc ...

    Mxyzptlk (who has affiliates - Nyxlygspl, Vyndktvx, Brpzx, and Ferlyn Nyxly) ... Bat-Mite ... Qwsp (who has brothers Qwrk and Qwnk) ... Myrwdden ... four out of seven? I'm actually ultra curious what imps for the other three would be like. I'm imagining a more classic Arabian djinn take on an imp for Wonder Woman, definitely female. I figure a Flash Imp is going to be kind of lightning/speed force affiliated. But man, what do you do for a Martian Imp?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •