Page 56 of 111 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Yea, she’s supposed to be a good influence but then she was on board in using Tony as decoy. It’s messed up.
    Oof the retcon of Howard being a Mephisto agent is another dumb retcon. Tony can’t take a rest huh? Aaron’s run is such a weak run. Hack writer.
    Agreed on almost everything right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Slott & Gage should take over this book.
    That would be fanfriggingtastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Imagination armor is dope! An Iron Man run is gonna stick the landing! LET'S THROW A PARTY!
    That **** is tight. Arno isn't on Tony's level and he never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if you didn't get tired of the Amanda Armstrong presence or "is Tony real or not?" thing...
    Oh yeah. It got a little bothersome, but I understand what he was trying do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bro, I'm ignoring all that crap and the next writer should as well. That's just a lot of nonsense bs.
    I'm trying lol. Trying real hard.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I mean, if you didn't get tired of the Amanda Armstrong presence or "is Tony real or not?" thing...
    Exactly, it makes no sense that Tony is having an existential crisis because this isn’t his first time coming back from the dead. Although, I enjoyed the previous issue. I had major problem with how Slott resolved Tonys issue.

Amanda better stay outta the new run.
    Bro, I'm ignoring all that crap and the next writer should as well. That's just a lot of nonsense bs.
    Same. It’s not canon. It makes no sense.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Incredible Member

Louder please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Louder please.
    I know. Scream it to the roof tops lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

This adoption mess is worse than The Crossing.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Let's not go overboard. The adoption angle was just a failed attempt at giving Stark some human moments. The Crossing was a conscious decision to destroy him.

Mighty Member

I agree that the adoption itself is worse than "the Crossing".

As bad as "the Crossing" was, it was intended to modernize a then-dated character and make money. The adoption, on the other hand, was meant to indulge a writer's idiosyncratic focus.

And, the "fix" for "the Crossing" was quicker and more focused than "Iron Man 2020" has been.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Fun idea, but I’m ready for the Ross designed back to basics Mark IV inspired design.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Honestly, the Crossing has huge potential, but needs a more focused plot, and succinct execution. Also, choosing Tony as the mole was garbage.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

iMan 42s

From what I heard about The Crossing was that it was meant to help keep Marvel afloat when they'd been bleeding money. It almost works, though retcons make the thing awkward in light of Tony's wider career and the art is just bad. Basically that with events like Age of Apocalypse and The Clone saga with Marvel being in need of money they needed to put something out and thought this would keep them afloat long enough to stave off shutting its doors.

That might explain why it kind of meanders a bit, has fairly rushed art, and the story isn't quite developed. It almost works, and with a bit of editing The Crossing is a story that can work but as far as Iron man and Avengers plots it kind of sucks. The build-up though I'd argue is pretty good with Tony slowly slipping and while the armor isn't nearly as good as it's predecessor, it's one of the rare times the style of the time might actually work for the story. With Tony at his lowest and mentally weakest he's putting on a strong showing. I don't think it'd be as good in the modern day but for the era I think it works.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    At least they acknowledge in a straight-up fight Tony would probably win. Those AI's can help any rookie salvage themselves it seems...

And those Squirrel Girl references .

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    From what I heard about The Crossing was that it was meant to help keep Marvel afloat when they'd been bleeding money. It almost works, though retcons make the thing awkward in light of Tony's wider career and the art is just bad. Basically that with events like Age of Apocalypse and The Clone saga with Marvel being in need of money they needed to put something out and thought this would keep them afloat long enough to stave off shutting its doors.

That might explain why it kind of meanders a bit, has fairly rushed art, and the story isn't quite developed. It almost works, and with a bit of editing The Crossing is a story that can work but as far as Iron man and Avengers plots it kind of sucks. The build-up though I'd argue is pretty good with Tony slowly slipping and while the armor isn't nearly as good as it's predecessor, it's one of the rare times the style of the time might actually work for the story. With Tony at his lowest and mentally weakest he's putting on a strong showing. I don't think it'd be as good in the modern day but for the era I think it works.
    The Crossing was meant to do for Avengers what AoA did for X-Men.

I agree that it had potential. I loved about the first half of it. I think there were interesting ideas there what with the doorway in th mansion basement, the whodunnit aspect of some of the early murders, the moonraker stuff, the War Machine eidelon armor (ugly as it was). Heck, I even liked bug Jan. but the whole climax with Tony as a traitor and and then his death and getting teen Tony was a fail and had to be undone. I just wish busiek explained it better.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Let's not go overboard. The adoption angle was just a failed attempt at giving Stark some human moments. The Crossing was a conscious decision to destroy him.
    Was that the goal? Never understood what Gillan was going for. Felt like a blatant attempt to “leave his mark” on the franchise. But then I think Gillan is pretentious as hell so I’m biased against him.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    This adoption mess is worse than The Crossing.
    The adoption thing brings absolutely nothing to Tony. It detracts as a matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I agree with you on The Crossing. It was damn near character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Fun idea, but I’m ready for the Ross designed back to basics Mark IV inspired design.
    That hologram armor is off the scales badass. Just shows that Arno didn't know who he was f@#king with. As for the Alex Ross designed armor. I am so intrigued on why he's going back to that look. Tony usually moves forward. I'm so hyped for the new series.

At least they acknowledge in a straight-up fight Tony would probably win. Those AI's can help any rookie salvage themselves it seems...

And those Squirrel Girl references .
    No one should be able to keep up with Tony if this is there first time in an armor. I need to get this to see what happens.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-31-2020 at 02:51 AM.