Page 35 of 111 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I remember this armor Cap had. It’s good they remember the great things Tony has done for his friends. It’s usually the bad things he’s done that get the focus.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    If it's the Mark 85 figure then you're in for a treat as it's frigging cool. I bought it a few months ago and it's worthy enough to have in any collection.
    Yep, that's the one. Love the additional hands with the IGs. I also ordered another Mark 45 figure from Civil War. That's one of the best armors from the movies imo.

Extraordinary Member

Maria Stark question.

I’ve heard in various places that Maria Stark (maiden name Carbonell) was from an Italian-America background. But I’ve also heard everything from Latino to other European.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Iron Man as he appeared in Iron Man: Crash (1988). Art by Mike Saenz.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Iron Man as he appeared in Iron Man: Crash (1988). Art by Mike Saenz.

I remember how big this was when it came out. It being computer generated and all. Batman also had one called digital justice.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Looks too good for 1988. More like what you could knock up in MS Paint in the late 90s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Does anyone remember if Tony was big in the Age of Ultron event? I’m going back and reading all the big events that Tony was in and was wondering if he was even in this. I’m am trying to get all of the big events in trade that Tony was involved in.

Does anyone remember if Tony was big in the Age of Ultron event? I’m going back and reading all the big events that Tony was in and was wondering if he was even in this. I’m am trying to get all of the big events in trade that Tony was involved in.
    If I remember right he was pretty despondent and upfront about how doomed they were but otherwise didn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I remember right he was pretty despondent and upfront about how doomed they were but otherwise didn't do anything.
    Was there ever a time when Tony was the main hero of some alt reality event outside of his own solo?

I don't think there was.

I wonder if this guy is biased against Tony smh. From Bleeding Cool.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tony...worse-ant-man/

Incredible Member

Not at all, it's just an observation that Tony always seems to be portrayed as making things worse when seen objectively and is often on the wrong - and often hypocritical side. Take Civil War II - opposed to future predictions based on available knowledge when a) he has been portrayed as a futurist and b) built a machine to do just what Ulysses did in Force Works. Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Not at all, it's just an observation that Tony always seems to be portrayed as making things worse when seen objectively and is often on the wrong - and often hypocritical side. Take Civil War II - opposed to future predictions based on available knowledge when a) he has been portrayed as a futurist and b) built a machine to do just what Ulysses did in Force Works. Stuff like that.
    He's got a point. How many times have we seen future stories where Tony did something wrong or something went wrong with his tech or it fell into the wrong hands.

I mean look at Secret Invasion. You'd think that no one would want to use Stark tech after all that.

Writers have used Tony and his tech as the scapegoat for many things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    You make some points although Tony didn't go around arresting people indefinitely for what they might do once the visions were known like Carol did. Which was one of Tony’s main points of contention. Also some of Ulysses vision were untrue. Tony can't help it everytime someone wants to take tech he has created like Lang's helmet. Lang has to take some responsibility for it as well. Tony made his helmet better than it was. I didn't mean to come off like I was bashing you. People just usually focus on the bad things Tony has done and forget about all the amazing things he has done for the world and other heroes.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-16-2020 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Lol. What will they come up with next?