Page 82 of 111 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1655

I really liked it and i can honestly say for the first time since Fraction's run, im looking forward to the next issue. Love the art and REALLY love the armor.
    Last edited by Ironman3000; 09-16-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Best way I can sum up this issue is it's a big love letter to the 80s Iron Man run.

It's okay but it feels like it's written for an older audience than even me.
    Surprisingly enough, I liked the slow pace of this issue. There was action sure, but not too much shooting of the repulsor rays (which is what I ALWAYS look out for in an Iron Man title). There was a lot of talk, which is a not a bad thing. Tony's mid-life crisis echoes certain things going on in my life right about now, so character moments are a plus. The appearance of Hellcat was unexpected, but appreciated. I'd forgotten how much of a socialite she was. Her appearance definitely gave off that 80s vibe, a time when I'd expect Stark to hang out with a Defender instead of Maria Hill.

Speaking of 80s, I've mixed feelings about the retro new armor. While I respect that particular armor design, it wasn't my favorite (always been partial to the Big Booted armor, Modular Armor, and Extremis). Yeah, it's been updated, but it still feels clunky to me.

Still, I like where the story is going. Let's see where this goes.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

Tony's default is mid-life crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Cantwell's first issue for IM is excellent. He's dialing the clock and bringing back Pre-RDJ Tony, complete with Errol Flynn pencil mustache.

I liked Cantwell's Doom series and was interested to see what he'd do here and I might follow this one.
    Glad to see you liked it. Gotta say for someone who goes out of their way to bash him. I didn’t think I would hear about you buying an Iron Man comic and saying nice things about it in the Iron Man Appreciation thread.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

iMan 42s

I'm cautious but optimistic.
    I really dig the new issue but I'm just a bit hesitant now because I don't want this to be a repeat of Bendis to Slott.

I think it's the art, for some reason it's making the new armor work for me. Had this been done in a more cartoony style (I swear I don't mean that in a negative way) it might not work but I think it helps the armor feel like it has some weight.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Glad to see you liked it. Gotta say for someone who goes out of their way to bash him. I didn’t think I would hear about you buying an Iron Man comic and saying nice things about it in the Iron Man Appreciation thread.
    I like Cantwell’s Doom series and I read for him. I like Tony in some stories but dislike him in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Surprisingly enough, I liked the slow pace of this issue. There was action sure, but not too much shooting of the repulsor rays (which is what I ALWAYS look out for in an Iron Man title). There was a lot of talk, which is a not a bad thing. Tony's mid-life crisis echoes certain things going on in my life right about now, so character moments are a plus. The appearance of Hellcat was unexpected, but appreciated. I'd forgotten how much of a socialite she was. Her appearance definitely gave off that 80s vibe, a time when I'd expect Stark to hang out with a Defender instead of Maria Hill.
    Is Patsy a socialite? I know she used to be a popular model but she was briefly working retail in her last solo book...

I mean...she's definitely very sociable, as aptly demonstrated in this book.
    I guess if you mean that in a way where he's constantly reinventing himself...although I think that's more because he's a Futurist.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I definitely think this is a good direction for Tony. Seems like in the comics they were going out of their way to turn fans against him going back to Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Patsy a socialite? I know she used to be a popular model but she was briefly working retail in her last solo book...

I mean...she's definitely very sociable, as aptly demonstrated in this book.
    Last we saw, she owns her own business - a temp agency.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

So September 16 finally rolled by and so launched the newest era of Iron Man.

The issue itself reads well and the art is very good, fits the tone.

As mentioned, I prefer my stories more character-driven so the new direction focusing more on the civilian-guise (arguable with Tony) than the superhero is very welcome.

The issue does the job of clearing the deck which I like. That said my main "gripe" is we haven't been provided with the "why?". It seems Tony is having a "midlife crisis", which I pray is not the case as I find same quite pedestrian.

Hoping the driving force behind the new outlook is addressed and done soon.

All in all, good start.

Also - loved the bunny slippers

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman3000 View Post
    I really liked it and i can honestly say for the first time since Fraction's run, im looking forward to the next issue. Love the art and REALLY love the armor.
    (Long time IM reader, first time IM appreciation thread poster)
    I came in here to see if anyone was talking about how GREAT that new armor looked. It’s a blend of modern and classic that just pops. The arc reactor(s), the boots and gloves w. their “bubble” trim, the hip discs, even the neck collar, combined w. the sleeker design elements of the legs and arms, the reveal page homaging Tales of Suspense 39...i hope this sticks around.

Oh yeah. The story was good, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    (Long time IM reader, first time IM appreciation thread poster)
    I came in here to see if anyone was talking about how GREAT that new armor looked. It’s a blend of modern and classic that just pops. The arc reactor(s), the boots and gloves w. their “bubble” trim, the hip discs, even the neck collar, combined w. the sleeker design elements of the legs and arms, the reveal page homaging Tales of Suspense 39...i hope this sticks around.

Oh yeah. The story was good, too!
    Glad you enjoyed it. So far everyone seems to be digging it. Also please post in the thread more. Always good to hear from Iron Man fans and hear different sides of things.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Double post.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-17-2020 at 03:12 AM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Off to a promising start. Looking forward to seeing some classic Iron Man foes show up. A little retro eighties era Iron Man vibe wouldn't be a bad thing in my opinion. The Layton & Michelinie was a high point for the character.

Thor puts Tony Stark's real phone number on his hammer. Call it and you really get his voice mail!
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-thor-tony...-really-works/