Page 16 of 111 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

here's there chance. if they want to establish the Mandarin as Iron Man's archenemy, the way to do it would be to have him be the architect of this mess. this would be as large scale a mind**** as they come. and the character's "death" in the Punisher's title could even be tied in. that was the distraction. we've completely written the character off because he was shot in the head by a street level vigilante. i'm not sure what part of the magic trick this is (pledge, turn, or prestige). maybe he needed to be off the grid so he could pull off this grand unmaking of Tony Stark. he's made him question his parentage and his own humanity. the involvement of aliens is kind of a tipoff. maybe it was Tony who was supposed to beat the alien threat all along. but the Mandarin has introduced an (in a way) anti-christ in the form of Arno. and Tony's stuck leading an AI Revolution.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    The continuity is fucked. I haven’t been following the avengers but seems like a mess when it comes to continuity.
    I guess Iron Man 2020 will end with the real Tony Stark being back, and we can consider that everything happened before Avengers by Jason Aaron. I'm enjoying Dan Slott's story a lot, but it's true that it has a lot of implications that right now are ignored.

It reminds me of Avengers by Hickman. Things didn't match with Captain America by Remender, Thor by Jason Aaron and Superior Iron Man, so at some point Avengers skipped some months in order to accept all the changes that came from the different series

Iron Man won’t be back until they return the one true Tony. This one...

“The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    I'm confused about somethin. Is the Tony that is in the past the same we're seeing in Tony Stark: Iron Man / Iron Man 2020 ? It makes a big difference in my opinion. We could also consider that Avengers is happening after Dan Slott's Iron Man, but for that we would need to wait until the ending, to see if we get some kind of real Tony
    Yes this is the same Tony. I wouldn’t try putting everything in a timeline though. Just roll with it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Aaron's Avengers did have a timeskip after it's first arc, during which Life of Captain Marvel happened. It's possible that both the current Iron Man and Captain America runs are in the same timeskip?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Iron Man won’t be back until they return the one true Tony. This one...
    technically, that's the Tony who Carol killed since he was aged up to replace the Tony that killed Rita Demara. of course, there's also a case for saying that Tony hasn't been "real" since Extremis rewrote his genetic code.

Mighty Member

Iron Man being replaced with a copy predates even "the Crossing".

During Kaminski's run in the 90s (around when War Machine was introduced) Iron Man rebooted himself from being dead (or close enough to dead), essentially building a "new" Tony. Marvel also used a rebooted (sans some baggage) Tony at the end of "Dark Reign" in 2010. And, in the late 90s, Marvel handwaved "the Crossing" and "Heroes Reborn" by saying that the then-current Tony had memories of 616, teen Tony and the Lee/Liefeld Tony.

At this point, the question is not even if Tony is "really" Tony so much as it is how close current Tony is to a previous Tony. Actually, that would not be a bad way to resolve the current series. Have Tony end up in a regular body, and leave it alone for everybody to forget that this is actually a "new" Tony, and produce another " who/what is the real Tony?" story in a few years.

The continuity is fucked. I haven’t been following the avengers but seems like a mess when it comes to continuity.
    Marvel has generally been less worried about that for the last 10+ years.

It reminds me of Avengers by Hickman. Things didn't match with Captain America by Remender, Thor by Jason Aaron and Superior Iron Man, so at some point Avengers skipped some months in order to accept all the changes that came from the different series
    I think you mean Remender's "Uncanny Avengers" (not "Captain America") did not match up with Hickman. Hickman addressed "Superior Spider-Man" and the concurrent "Old Man Logan" by having Captain America say there were on medical leave.

("Superior Spider-Man" did not match "Age of Ultron".)

But, yes, you are right about stuff not matching in general terms.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Old Man Logan didn't start until Secret Wars. Wolverine was straight up dead in Time Runs Out!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Anyone reading Tarot? The first issue was good. The 2nd came out today. Also did anyone get Avengers and was Tony in it?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-29-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anyone reading Tarot? The first issue was good. The 2nd came out today. Also did anyone get Avengers and was Tony in it?
    Tony was not in AVENGERS, but his disappearance was referenced. Next issue is a Tony spotlight issue.

I am reading and enjoying TAROT as well. Its a fun flashback to some old school style Avengers and Defenders. Its a bit weird seeing Tony in that old armour now though. The other characters in the story don't look quite as dated, but that Iron Man suit definitely sceams 'flashback story'. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Tony was not in AVENGERS, but his disappearance was referenced. Next issue is a Tony spotlight issue.

I am reading and enjoying TAROT as well. Its a fun flashback to some old school style Avengers and Defenders. Its a bit weird seeing Tony in that old armour now though. The other characters in the story don't look quite as dated, but that Iron Man suit definitely sceams 'flashback story'. lol
    Thanks for the info on Avengers. I’m liking Tarot as well. I won’t be able to get it until Saturday to read it though.

Mighty Member

Old Man Logan didn't start until Secret Wars. Wolverine was straight up dead in Time Runs Out!
    My mistake, I meant "Death of Wolverine" (which was referenced early in Hickman's run, with Captain America saying Wolverine was off the team until his health improved or something).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Tony's also in a very funny scene in this week's Hawkeye: Freefall #2.

double post.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-03-2020 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Tony's also in a very funny scene in this week's Hawkeye: Freefall #2.
    Yeah. Clint joking about Tony inventing charity because of his age was funny. Clint out bidding Tony was funny as well.