Page 24 of 111 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Another article about Avengers #31.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-sinister-history-mephisto/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Shouldn't Mark One or Tony be satisfied now knowing he has a soul. That was a main point to him and with Mephisto coming after Tony for his soul back in time. That should satisfy the point Tony was worried about.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-06-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Shouldn't Mark One or Tony be satisfied now knowing he has a soul. That was a main point to him and with Mephisto coming after Tony for his soul back in time. That should satisfy the point Tony was worried about.
    Problem is that we've basically got 2 Tony's running around. The one in Avengers is different than the one in the solo unless the Avengers story takes place after Iron Man 2020.

But we don't know for sure.

Yeah, it's obvious that both books are ignoring each other, and might just as well be happening in different universes.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, it's obvious that both books are ignoring each other, and might just as well be happening in different universes.
    True, that's been happening a lot with other characters too. I hope by the end of Iron Man 2020 we get a lot of these lingering issues resolved.

Is this the real Tony Stark?

Are Howard and Maria his biological parents?

Exactly what is the direction for Tony going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, and that's not the only problem with Aaron's Avengers. Life of Captain Marvel included a nine month timeskip, during which Carol grew out her hair and was inactive as a superhero. In Avengers, it was suddenly long despite the fact that that issue occurred literally a day after the previous one - they didn't acknowledge the timeskip and simply updated her character design. They really should've had her gone for an arc. They've also been slow to adapt with Thor's new look that debuted a couple of months ago, he actually still has his old look in Valkyrie as well (also co-written by Aaron). She-Hulk's last solo seemed to be contradicted (she reverted to normal at the end and thus should've been her classic self in Avengers), forcing Aaron to retcon the reason for Jennifer's bulky Hulk form. And Captain America remained on the team when in his solo book, he was in prison!

If he didn't want to deal with solo books, he should've used a cast that don't have them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cebulski on bathsalts. Great issue, though. I would read a tie-in about the kooky AI gang. And the gear shoulders, ouch. I wonder if Arno is more angry/disgusted or uncaring towards Tony as he is now. I completely forgot about the EE being set up in the Gillen run, so that's another knock on that book.

spoilers:
    Goodnight, Mark. My sweet prince.
    end of spoilers

As for Rescue, I was impressed with the attention to continuity and her history, and the reason she gives for why her life has been the way it is. Art could have been better and Schwartz still needs practice on smoother scripts, but the story is there and she could have a nice future in comics if she wants. Although what's really interesting is how this book ties into questions about what the Robot Resistance is actually going to do after the end of #3. I AM THE HYPE GIVE ME MY ROBOT COMICS
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

DC isn't the only one with wonky continuity sometimes .

in Marvel Earth, how much common technology is given credit to Stark? (computers, electronics, vehicles, telecommunications, etc.?)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    in Marvel Earth, how much common technology is given credit to Stark? (computers, electronics, vehicles, telecommunications, etc.?)
    Too much? It’d be nice to see others credited who aren’t super heroes for a change.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Cebulski on bathsalts. Great issue, though. I would read a tie-in about the kooky AI gang. And the gear shoulders, ouch. I wonder if Arno is more angry/disgusted or uncaring towards Tony as he is now. I completely forgot about the EE being set up in the Gillen run, so that's another knock on that book.

spoilers:
    Goodnight, Mark. My sweet prince.
    end of spoilers

As for Rescue, I was impressed with the attention to continuity and her history, and the reason she gives for why her life has been the way it is. Art could have been better and Schwartz still needs practice on smoother scripts, but the story is there and she could have a nice future in comics if she wants. Although what's really interesting is how this book ties into questions about what the Robot Resistance is actually going to do after the end of #3. I AM THE HYPE GIVE ME MY ROBOT COMICS
    I thought Rescue was rather excellent myself. Not only for the reasons you gave, but also because we get a very well written AMANDA. No really.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I thought Rescue was rather excellent myself. Not only for the reasons you gave, but also because we get a very well written AMANDA. No really.
    It's not that I don't believe you, I just have a hard time believing that .

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    So is there insulation inside this armor besides the fur collar? Seems like it would be pretty cold.