Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I'm really hyped about this new take. I CANNOT wait to see what this new armor can do. I like the look of it as well. Although I would like to see Janet and Tony together again and for Bethany to hang around, but it looks like they are going with a smaller supporting cast. Also yep. Tony and redheads lol
    Ohh, I’m leaning towards Bethany as a love interest. I don’t really ship Tony and Janet, I just really love Bethany.

The fact Cantwell is promising going back to old Iron Man is making me so excited. I haven’t been this hyped for a relaunch.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Ohh, I’m leaning towards Bethany as a love interest. I don’t really ship Tony and Janet, I just really love Bethany.

The fact Cantwell is promising going back to old Iron Man is making me so excited. I haven’t been this hyped for a relaunch.
    I prefer him with Bethany too, but I know they get together in the end because they are married in Iron Man The End. So I just wanted to see this Tony/Janet thing play itself out. Also I'm right there with you on my excitement level about this new series.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

So if all of this was to setup Bendis that's a whole lot of foresight. Bendis certainly used that angle but he would've been in the planning stages during Axis or towards if not after Gillen. There's just no way he was waiting two years to setup Rocker mom. Given that Iron man had a gap and another writer I sincerely doubt Bendis had any say on it.
    I have heard tell that Marvel's planning normally ranges ahead by 1~2 years. And, we know that Bendis enjoyed outsized influence at the time. So, it is possible that Bendis made it happen.

Regardless, adoption reveal was foisted on Gillen while he was already on "Iron Man", which is why it arguably contradicts parts of his run.

As for Taylor, he was brought in to carry the series after Marvel put Gillen on " Star Wars". As Gillen explained it, he was not forced to work on "Star Wars", but he would have been a fool not to take the offer.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I thought the Janet relationship was cute but I can't see them going back to it for a third time. Not that I think Patsy is going to be Tony's new love interest either.

(+1 to Beth and Tony ).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the Janet relationship was cute but I can't see them going back to it for a third time. Not that I think Patsy is going to be Tony's new love interest either.

(+1 to Beth and Tony ).
    I don't see Tony and Patsy together either. I just see her helping him out for an issue or two.

A lot of awesome armors here. I would have loved to have seen these on the big screen, but was not to be.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I prefer him with Bethany too, but I know they get together in the end because they are married in Iron Man The End. So I just wanted to see this Tony/Janet thing play itself out. Also I'm right there with you on my excitement level about this new series.
    Does Iron Man: The End take place in 616 or an AU?

(+1 to Beth and Tony ).
    He needs to take a break from dating lmao I just hope we see more of Tony and Rhodey friendship, i can’t get enough of the two. Rhodes better be a regular in the series.

Astonishing Member

Does Iron Man: The End take place in 616 or an AU?
    All of THE END projects are "possible futures" at best. None of them are officially 616 because the story hasn't actually got there yet.

He needs to take a break from dating lmao.
    I'd actually say the opposite--Tony maybe needs to get back to dating. Being a playboy was one of his defining character traits for a long time, but its fallen by the wayside a lot in recent years. During the most recent volume he's been in an ongoing committed relationship with Janet. Before that, what was the last we saw of his love life? He had a one night stand with Gamora during his stint with the Guardians. Bendis gave him a girlfriend in Amara--but then he ended up in a coma/dead and she ended up with Doom. During the SUPERIOR run he was back to having an active casual sex life--but that was his semi-evil inverted self.

It seems like Tony Stark's love life slowed down not too long after the death of Rumiko. First Tony became Secretary Of Defense, and then Director of SHIELD--both positions preventing him from being the playboy he once was. But even since he's stepped down from those positions, he's had one or two steady-but-short relationships (Amara, Jan) but that's about it.

I know in the wake of the MeToo movement and changing cultural standards Marvel may not want Tony Stark to be the womanizer he used to be back in the 60s-90s, and that's fair enough. But there should be some middle ground where he can still have casual relationships without being a womanizer treating women as disposable entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    All of THE END projects are "possible futures" at best. None of them are officially 616 because the story hasn't actually got there yet.

I'd actually say the opposite--Tony maybe needs to get back to dating. Being a playboy was one of his defining character traits for a long time, but its fallen by the wayside a lot in recent years. During the most recent volume he's been in an ongoing committed relationship with Janet. Before that, what was the last we saw of his love life? He had a one night stand with Gamora during his stint with the Guardians. Bendis gave him a girlfriend in Amara--but then he ended up in a coma/dead and she ended up with Doom. During the SUPERIOR run he was back to having an active casual sex life--but that was his semi-evil inverted self.

It seems like Tony Stark's love life slowed down not too long after the death of Rumiko. First Tony became Secretary Of Defense, and then Director of SHIELD--both positions preventing him from being the playboy he once was. But even since he's stepped down from those positions, he's had one or two steady-but-short relationships (Amara, Jan) but that's about it.

I know in the wake of the MeToo movement and changing cultural standards Marvel may not want Tony Stark to be the womanizer he used to be back in the 60s-90s, and that's fair enough. But there should be some middle ground where he can still have casual relationships without being a womanizer treating women as disposable entertainment.

Ohh you right! I don’t mind him dating around per say. I am just against giving him a love interest .. like one love interest through out the run. U feel me?

The book is promising going back to the good ol‘ days so I am expecting Tonys playboy trait to resurface. Even with the changing culture and MeToo, Tony was never depicted as a sexist or was condescending when approaching women or dating around. He was always respectful and never demeaning. It’s not in-characterise if he disrespected women. My only thoughts would be Tony toned it down either because he couldn’t love after Rumiko or he grew outta of it aka it was all a phase lel

I read that the idea behind each issue of the end would be the last story for each character. If it was the last story for them. Hence The End.

He also slept with Pepper and Maria Hill, but I don't think he remembers hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Just looking at the JRjr and Bob Layton art makes me so nostalgic
    Me too. IMHO, Tony's best run ever...

Yeah. He doesn’t know, but Pepper and Maria told each other about it and they were none to pleased.

Astonishing Member

I read that the idea behind each issue of the end would be the last story for each character. If it was the last story for them. Hence The End.
    Yes, that is the idea--if these creative teams were to be given the task of telling that character's final story, this is what it would be.

However it is not (and cannot be) official 616 canon because it is not actually the end for those characters yet. Their stories are still ongoing and may eventually wind up on different paths than one ones envisioned in these one-shots, and these creative teams may not be (likely will not be) the ones in place when the final story of these characters is eventually told.

ANY future story is only a "possible future" until it actually happens.

I'm not sure if he got his memories of those back either, but yeah, they still happened. Unusual circumstances in both cases though.

Yes, that is the idea--if these creative teams were to be given the task of telling that character's final story, this is what it would be.

However it is not (and cannot be) official 616 canon because it is not actually the end for those characters yet. Their stories are still ongoing and may eventually wind up on different paths than one ones envisioned in these one-shots, and these creative teams may not be (likely will not be) the ones in place when the final story of these characters is eventually told.

ANY future story is only a "possible future" until it actually happens.
    I was just going by what I read. That if the characters were to end. That would be their last stories. Before Bendis left for DC he was supposed to do Daredevil The End for his last story.