Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,513

    Default Moondragon (Heather Douglas) Appreciation 2020

    An appreciation thread for Moondragon, who first appeared in Iron Man #54 (January, 1973).

    1973:



    1976:



    1980:


  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    1985:



    1991:



    1993:


  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    2004:



    2016:



    2020:


  4. #4
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Now that the 616 Moondragon has returned in the pages of GOTG, I wish she had gone back to wearing the white costume that ChrisCross had designed for her in Peter David's CAPTAIN MARVEL run, instead of the old NEW DEFENDERS era costume. The ChrisCross one was my favourite Moondragon costume.

    Maybe Ewing felt that the NEW DEFENDERS era costume would be more thematically appropriate though, since it looks like he plans to revisit the Dragon Of The Moon, which was a major part of Heather's storyline back in NEW DEFENDERS.

  5. #5
    Fantastic Member Doombot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    463

    Default

    I know very little about Moondragon, but from the odd crossover or cosmic story I've read over the years, I always found it weird that she has this very hyper-sexual outfit, but the character herself doesn't seem very sexual. She seems like a no-nonsense, maybe a touch arrogant, psychic. Everyone loves a sexy lady, sure, but it never seemed to make sense to me for MoonDragon.

  6. #6
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,664

    Default

    Moondragon is probably my favorite non-mutant telepath. She a really powerful psi, up there with Professor X. I think the problem she runs into the most, she regulate to space stories.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I know very little about Moondragon, but from the odd crossover or cosmic story I've read over the years, I always found it weird that she has this very hyper-sexual outfit, but the character herself doesn't seem very sexual. She seems like a no-nonsense, maybe a touch arrogant, psychic. Everyone loves a sexy lady, sure, but it never seemed to make sense to me for MoonDragon.

    As much as I hate it, Moondragon is best played as the anti-hero/semi-villain. Her days as the sexy arrogant telepath queen has been taken by Emma Frost.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I know very little about Moondragon, but from the odd crossover or cosmic story I've read over the years, I always found it weird that she has this very hyper-sexual outfit, but the character herself doesn't seem very sexual. She seems like a no-nonsense, maybe a touch arrogant, psychic. Everyone loves a sexy lady, sure, but it never seemed to make sense to me for MoonDragon.
    You’ve read the wrong stories
    “The Scarlet Witch is the only thing that will scare them. It’s the only thing they’ll respect.” - Hope Summers, Avengers vs X-Men #7

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member Doombot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You’ve read the wrong stories
    Essplane, senior.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    As much as I hate it, Moondragon is best played as the anti-hero/semi-villain. Her days as the sexy arrogant telepath queen has been taken by Emma Frost.
    Emma has taken it for the mutants. But Moondragon can still fill that role for the Avengers and/or the cosmic heroes.

    Plus she's got more to draw on that just her powerful psi powers. She is also one of the most formidable martial artists on Earth AND a brilliant scientist in a couple of fields. We occasionally see her use her physical fighting skills these days, but her scientific prowess is rarely acknowledged at all.

  10. #10

    Default

    so who can play her in a movie? with a movie appropriate outfit, of course. how would she be different from Mantis?

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I know very little about Moondragon, but from the odd crossover or cosmic story I've read over the years, I always found it weird that she has this very hyper-sexual outfit, but the character herself doesn't seem very sexual. She seems like a no-nonsense, maybe a touch arrogant, psychic. Everyone loves a sexy lady, sure, but it never seemed to make sense to me for MoonDragon.
    Even from her first appearance, I’ve usually found her to be the sort of character who likes to, if arrogantly, show off knowing how skilled she is, which may extend towards her appearance, and doesn’t really seem to care what people think of her. Not sure if that characterization can be proper justification for a revealing outfit, but I’m sure it’s not quite the same as repeatedly drawing revealing outfits on relatively less expressive characters like Invisible Woman.


  12. #12
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Emma has taken it for the mutants. But Moondragon can still fill that role for the Avengers and/or the cosmic heroes.

    Plus she's got more to draw on that just her powerful psi powers. She is also one of the most formidable martial artists on Earth AND a brilliant scientist in a couple of fields. We occasionally see her use her physical fighting skills these days, but her scientific prowess is rarely acknowledged at all.
    You got me wondering where the best place for Moondragon. I can't see her joining the Avengers again, maybe a New Defenders team. An earthbound team could be interesting...maybe give her a new purpose. Truthfully, while I love Marvel's space stories, if you not a major hitter like Silver Surfer or Thanos, you're regulated to background noise.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You got me wondering where the best place for Moondragon. I can't see her joining the Avengers again, maybe a New Defenders team. An earthbound team could be interesting...maybe give her a new purpose. Truthfully, while I love Marvel's space stories, if you not a major hitter like Silver Surfer or Thanos, you're regulated to background noise.
    I can see convincingly see her working with the Avengers again, I think she just needs to be motivated enough.

  14. #14
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    6,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    An earthbound team could be interesting...maybe give her a new purpose.
    Please, someone, make her the non-mutants' answer to Emma. It's interesting they've never met and fought one another.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "Knowing is half the battle." G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  15. #15
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    I preferred Moondragon as a well-intentioned b!tch. I mean if you can have you male loner/anit-heroes, why not have some women who are not that great socially as well? I didn't like when Jim Shooter tried to make her a full scale villain in his second Avengers run. Of course, I didn't like anything about Shooter's second run.

    I do prefer MD in green. I don't mind the Defenders era priestess look and Captain Marvel era white outfit, but green is my preference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •