Page 95 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1655

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Did not like this issue, nor the sad irony.

They turned Cardiac into a cliche villain, complete with death trap, so that Hellcat could lecture Tont about white privilege?

Yeah, that's a good reason to throw a well developed black character under the bus.
    I recently read the Black Cat miniseries from the 90s and in that comic, Cardiac tried to blow pharmaceutical company building because of its illegal activities and had to be stopped by Spider-Man and Black Cat who reminded him innocent people worked there and later on she had to remind him not to kill some cyborgs that had been captured and roboticized against their will.

Still this does seem more sinister than what he'd usually do.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I recently read the Black Cat miniseries from the 90s and in that comic, Cardiac tried to blow pharmaceutical company building because of its illegal activities and had to be stopped by Spider-Man and Black Cat who reminded him innocent people worked there and later on she had to remind him not to kill some cyborgs that had been captured and roboticized against their will.

Still this does seem more sinister than what he'd usually do.
    I remember another story where he fought Code Blue to kill a developer who's cost cutting killed several people.

I did say 'All but'

All the same, attempting to kill Stark scientists, whom one would assume Tony would vet, as an attack on the healthcare system as a whole is still way out of character. His attacks were well researched, if nothing else.

Incredible Member

My gripe with this issue is I still don't know what I'm reading/ the direction.

Issue 1 did a good job of summarizing the status quo and what Tony's "new normal" and what's in the background (villain/plotwise) but this issue doesn't advance the plot in any way.

Not read many books with Cardiac but always thought he was a hero. His involvement and role in this took me out of the story a bit.

Agree with others, the hospital scene was a bit of an eye-roll. It's good to have a character IM doesn't usually interact with involved but the interactions don't always gel.

The art, while fantastic, can only take the book so far. It's still early but threads need to be seen continuously right off the bat.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Tony

Tony
    Man, that really looks cool. I hear a lot of good things about the game so maybe I'll try it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Tony
    It's always nice to hear Eric Loomis as Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's always nice to hear Eric Loomis as Tony.
    Yeah it really is. He does a great job.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-25-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Going back and looking at all of the revisions to Tony's history, it's all become a convoluted mess ever since Gillen did the adoption angle. It might seem cool to the writer to make these changes to Tony's origin, it just becomes a headache for the readers.

I wonder what the next conflict they'll update the origin with .

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Going back and looking at all of the revisions to Tony's history, it's all become a convoluted mess ever since Gillen did the adoption angle. It might seem cool to the writer to make these changes to Tony's origin, it just becomes a headache for the readers.
    Well said. Those are exactly my feelings as well.

Ultimate Member

Its like they thought they had to outdo Cable for convoluted backstory

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what the next conflict they'll update the origin with .
    We still have to get thru Aaron's Mephisto arc in Avengers. I seriously doubt that Meph is Tony's dad and I hope that it isn't true that Howard sold his and Tony's sold but lately, I can't be 100% confident.

We still have to get thru Aaron's Mephisto arc in Avengers. I seriously doubt that Meph is Tony's dad and I hope that it isn't true that Howard sold his and Tony's sold but lately, I can't be 100% confident.
    I was going to bring this up. The next issue of Avengers has to do with Mephisto so we should get more of an idea of were this is heading. Also you are correct. We can’t be 100% sure that this will turn out in Tony’s favor because lately it hasn’t been going out heroes way.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-25-2020 at 02:17 PM.