Page 81 of 111 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1655

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is Tony in it a bit?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Another good review for Iron Man #1.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/iron-man-1-review/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Cantwell's first issue for IM is excellent. He's dialing the clock and bringing back Pre-RDJ Tony, complete with Errol Flynn pencil mustache.

I liked Cantwell's Doom series and was interested to see what he'd do here and I might follow this one.

spoilers:
    Lightning makes Iron Man stronger, so this guy using lightning to be a threat looks dumb. His lightning absorption device is literally something Stark himself invented ages ago. This is like attacking Namor with water.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Pretty good issue today, still not entirely sold on the outdated "back to basics" armor, but everything else was pretty good.

Fantastic Member

HOLY COW THIS WAS GREAT!!!

If every issue ends up like this, it'll be the greatest Iron Man run in *decades*. Absolutely everything here is gold. I've been an Iron Man fan for a very *very* long time and I've not enjoyed an issue like this in forrrrrrevvvvvvvver.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

I'm really not a fan of Frank D'Armata's coloring work.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'm really not a fan of Frank D'Armata's coloring work.
    I’m the opposite. I think his coloring is absolutely stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I’m the opposite. I think his coloring is absolutely stunning.
    To me, he makes everything overly rendered, in an uncanny valley sense. Gives it Greg Land + Guru eFX vibes. I enjoyed CAFU's art a lot better on Valkyrie, colored by Jesus Aburtov.

To me, he makes everything overly rendered, in an uncanny valley sense. Gives it Greg Land + Guru eFX vibes. I enjoyed CAFU's art a lot better on Valkyrie, colored by Jesus Aburtov.
    I never saw his work on Valkyrie. I don’t get the Greg + Guru eFX, but I can kinda see what your saying. To me this is more fluid than Guru eFX.

Anyone want to post spoilers from the first issue?

Best way I can sum up this issue is it's a big love letter to the 80s Iron Man run.

It's okay but it feels like it's written for an older audience than even me.

Tony is also in today’s issue of Aero #11 for those that are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anyone want to post spoilers from the first issue?
    Tony has a run-of-the-mill mid-life crisis, complete with silly old sports car.

Tony has a run-of-the-mill mid-life crisis, complete with silly old sports car.
    It was pretty much just clearing the board of Slott’s stuff and setting things up for the run. Felt more like a #0 issue to be honest. Cafu’s Art is gorgeous though. I’m in for 6 issues at least.