Page 57 of 111 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Was that the goal? Never understood what Gillan was going for. Felt like a blatant attempt to “leave his mark” on the franchise. But then I think Gillan is pretentious as hell so I’m biased against him.
    I think he even admitted as much in interviews, something that could potentially be used for "Iron Man 4" (even though the movies would probably never use that element).

I mean, there's not much else about the Gillen run that stands out otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    No one should be able to keep up with Tony if this is there first time in an armor. I need to get this to see what happens.
    Black Cat's bad luck powers are probably giving her an advantage.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Something I want to see with Cantwell’s run is he uses Toni Ho and Riri. Maybe make Toni Spitfire.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Black Cat's bad luck powers are probably giving her an advantage.
    Ah yes you’re right. I completely forgot about her bad luck powers.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Something I want to see with Cantwell’s run is he uses Toni Ho and Riri. Maybe make Toni Spitfire.
    He's just got to do another Iron Man / Doctor Doom time travel epic! I wonder if he will continue with both series or if he will wind up the Doom series. I know he said he has scripted up to #10 and Larocca was done with the art. Beyond that I don't know.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    He's just got to do another Iron Man / Doctor Doom time travel epic! I wonder if he will continue with both series or if he will wind up the Doom series. I know he said he has scripted up to #10 and Larocca was done with the art. Beyond that I don't know.

I still need to pick that book up.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I just would love for them to meet back up so Doom can explain what happened when he tried being Tony and about Doom’s new baby’s mama. That is going to be a fun conversation.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I just would love for them to meet back up so Doom can explain what happened when he tried being Tony and about Doom’s new baby’s mama. That is going to be a fun conversation.
    Oh yeah! What the hell happened to Amara and the baby? I think she is the same place with Kristoff and all the other neglected or forgotten characters.

Just looking at the JRjr and Bob Layton art makes me so nostalgic

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Oh yeah! What the hell happened to Amara and the baby? I think she is the same place with Kristoff and all the other neglected or forgotten characters.

Just looking at the JRjr and Bob Layton art makes me so nostalgic
    Limboooo!

But y’all right, we need more of DoomTony.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I agree that the adoption itself is worse than "the Crossing".

As bad as "the Crossing" was, it was intended to modernize a then-dated character and make money. The adoption, on the other hand, was meant to indulge a writer's idiosyncratic focus.

And, the "fix" for "the Crossing" was quicker and more focused than "Iron Man 2020" has been.
    Yes! I agree with you. The crossing took a weird turn but there is no point of the adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    From what I heard about The Crossing was that it was meant to help keep Marvel afloat when they'd been bleeding money. It almost works, though retcons make the thing awkward in light of Tony's wider career and the art is just bad. Basically that with events like Age of Apocalypse and The Clone saga with Marvel being in need of money they needed to put something out and thought this would keep them afloat long enough to stave off shutting its doors.

That might explain why it kind of meanders a bit, has fairly rushed art, and the story isn't quite developed. It almost works, and with a bit of editing The Crossing is a story that can work but as far as Iron man and Avengers plots it kind of sucks. The build-up though I'd argue is pretty good with Tony slowly slipping and while the armor isn't nearly as good as it's predecessor, it's one of the rare times the style of the time might actually work for the story. With Tony at his lowest and mentally weakest he's putting on a strong showing. I don't think it'd be as good in the modern day but for the era I think it works.
    This pretty much sums it about The Crossing.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Gorgeous! I’m so fucking hyped for the new relaunch.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mark Brooks always does a great Iron Man. Just amazing stuff.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-31-2020 at 04:18 PM.

That is a beautiful cover. The more I see the more enthused I’m getting for this new series.

This new armor feels like a weird mix of classic and modern. Like it can't decide what it wants to be. Not sure how I feel about it.

I’ve been following IM on and off since the ‘80’s. This is arguably the most striking image I’ve ever seen. Well done!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”