Page 58 of 111 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This new armor feels like a weird mix of classic and modern. Like it can't decide what it wants to be. Not sure how I feel about it.
    I agree it looks a little strange. I think its been so long since iron man has been classic armour where i like it.

This new armor feels like a weird mix of classic and modern. Like it can't decide what it wants to be. Not sure how I feel about it.
    Well if Tony's going back to basics, he probably decided that he should start over with his classic armor with some modifications.

I hope the new series doesn't fizzle out like the last few have.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I just flooded my basement.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well if Tony's going back to basics, he probably decided that he should start over with his classic armor with some modifications.
    This is what I think as well. I'm thinking he won't have an A.I. in this one. It will be all on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I just flooded my basement.
    ROTFLMAO!
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-02-2020 at 06:10 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Eh. Not a fan of all the lights. I prefer the previous armor:

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Eh. Not a fan of all the lights. I prefer the previous armor:
    This one is badass and I enjoyed it for what they showed of it. Although I'm digging the look of this new one. I want to see what it can do.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-01-2020 at 04:07 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

.Was that the goal? Never understood what Gillan was going for. Felt like a blatant attempt to “leave his mark” on the franchise. But then I think Gillan is pretentious as hell so I’m biased against him.
    The adoption reveal was to help set-up Brndis' run. Gillen said that using Arno was his idea,after he was assigned the adoption.

Not sure what you mean by "pretentious". He can write. He flaunts it. Nothing wrongbwith that.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    The adoption reveal was to help set-up Brndis' run. Gillen said that using Arno was his idea,after he was assigned the adoption.

Not sure what you mean by "pretentious". He can write. He flaunts it. Nothing wrongbwith that.
    Wait, they were planning to put Bendis on the title that early? And he wanted to use the adoption angle?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks as always Juan678. You always bring cool stuff. Really enjoyed the video.

iMan 42s

Wait, they were planning to put Bendis on the title that early? And he wanted to use the adoption angle?
    From what's known of the whole saga is that the adoption angle came from somebody in editorial. We don't know who.

The adoption story began in Gillen's run and would've been planned given how comic development is sometimes structured somewhere in late 2012 to early 2013. Bendis would not go on to Iron man until 2015. To be clear Bendis took the spot from Dan Slott, Dan Slott was intending to go to Iron man but since Bendis got to it first he of course wouldn't get Iron man until later. So given it would be somewhere between 2-3 years before Bendis, that's some truly huge foresight especially since he wasn't even the next Iron man writer, it was Tom Taylor who did the pre-Secret Wars book prior to the entire line restarting. And we even had a gap between Original Sin and Axis since the Original Sin tie-in was the last time Gillen was on Iron man at the time.

So if all of this was to setup Bendis that's a whole lot of foresight. Bendis certainly used that angle but he would've been in the planning stages during Axis or towards if not after Gillen. There's just no way he was waiting two years to setup Rocker mom. Given that Iron man had a gap and another writer I sincerely doubt Bendis had any say on it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    From what's known of the whole saga is that the adoption angle came from somebody in editorial. We don't know who.

The adoption story began in Gillen's run and would've been planned given how comic development is sometimes structured somewhere in late 2012 to early 2013. Bendis would not go on to Iron man until 2015. To be clear Bendis took the spot from Dan Slott, Dan Slott was intending to go to Iron man but since Bendis got to it first he of course wouldn't get Iron man until later. So given it would be somewhere between 2-3 years before Bendis, that's some truly huge foresight especially since he wasn't even the next Iron man writer, it was Tom Taylor who did the pre-Secret Wars book prior to the entire line restarting. And we even had a gap between Original Sin and Axis since the Original Sin tie-in was the last time Gillen was on Iron man at the time.

So if all of this was to setup Bendis that's a whole lot of foresight. Bendis certainly used that angle but he would've been in the planning stages during Axis or towards if not after Gillen. There's just no way he was waiting two years to setup Rocker mom. Given that Iron man had a gap and another writer I sincerely doubt Bendis had any say on it.
    Thanks for dropping this info. I had read that it was on Gillen. He talks about it in the back of the trade of Tony Stark's Secret Origin.

So guys, what are your hopes for our true hero, Tony Stark, in the new relaunch. I dig the armours .. classic yet modern vibe which is a W. I’m glad to see a new supporting character (Hellcat). I am not familiar with the character so I don’t know what to expect.

Tonys redhead fetish continues xD
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

double post.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-02-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    So guys, what are your hopes for our true hero, Tony Stark, in the new relaunch. I dig the armours .. classic yet modern vibe which is a W. I’m glad to see a new supporting character (Hellcat). I am not familiar with the character so I don’t know what to expect.

Tonys redhead fetish continues xD
    I'm really hyped about this new take. I CANNOT wait to see what this new armor can do. I like the look of it as well. Although I would like to see Janet and Tony together again and for Bethany to hang around, but it looks like they are going with a smaller supporting cast. Also yep. Tony and redheads lol
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-02-2020 at 07:46 AM.