Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1655

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Jeez, the art is stunning as usual. Tony surrounded with children is a content I enjoy. He is a papa to a lot of kids .. but these adults gotta ruin it T^T
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Uh oh! Do tell, what happened?
    It's not a very good look for Howard, really damning.

But, I still say Mephisto is pulling a fast one with Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Oh yikes yikes. What did Aaron make him do?

I heard they retconned a lot, what happened in the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

It does look bad for Howard with him being Mephisto’s right hand man. Whatever happens it’s going to be BIG! Whether it’s going to be good or not is the question. Oh and ah 100 pages!!!!!!
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-09-2020 at 12:37 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    It does look bad for Howard with him being Mephisto’s right hand man. Whatever happens it’s going to be BIG! Whether it’s going to be good or not is the question. Oh and ah 100 pages!!!!!!
    I dropped Aaron’s avengers early, I might start reading it again because I’m a sucker for Tony content but at the same time I don’t trust Aaron and I’m dreading what’s about to come.

Cantwell though, Godly!

I dropped Aaron’s avengers early, I might start reading it again because I’m a sucker for Tony content but at the same time I don’t trust Aaron and I’m dreading what’s about to come.

Cantwell though, Godly!
    Yeah I’ve been holding on to Aaron’s Avengers just to see what’s going to happen with Mephisto, Howard and Tony. If it wasn’t for that I would have dropped it a while ago. Also you’re right about Cantwell and CAFU’s run so far. 2 issues in and they are killing it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jeez, the art is stunning as usual. Tony surrounded with children is a content I enjoy. He is a papa to a lot of kids .. but these adults gotta ruin it T^T
    Yeah. Those adults are pretty ungrateful. They should feel honored to have him there with the students. He doesn’t always have the time to do it as much as he wants to.

Really liked the latest issue. It reminded me a lot of what the author wanted with his run on the title, clean and back the basics. It felt that way in both the writing as well as the art. Speaking of which, it really is gorgeous. Not cluttered, but just dynamic. It's not just talking heads (though Tony's inner monologue and his dialogue with Hellcat were introspective). Rather, there's still plenty of flying, punching, and repulsor rays. Big pluses.

A really great issue. Can't wait to see what happens next.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Just read issue 2 and 3 back to back.

I'm still not the biggest fan of this run but I absolutely love the art.

I will also admit issue 3 started to pick things up and it was awesome to see some of his old rogues again.

I just hope after this arc, Tony can snap out of this mopey spell that he is in.
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Another issue I enjoyed and Cafu is delivering some great art. That said I am a bit over mopey Tony.

Ultimate Member

The art is nice, but this whole 'Tony Stark as Peter Parker' doesn't work for me.

Especially galling is Patsy as a supporting cast member who seems to be there mostly to kick Tony while he's down, lecturing him after he breaks his arm saving people or dismissing his dead time by bringing up her suicide.

I understand and usually enjoy efforts to bring up social issues in comics, but its pretty poorly done here, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The art is nice, but this whole 'Tony Stark as Peter Parker' doesn't work for me.

Especially galling is Patsy as a supporting cast member who seems to be there mostly to kick Tony while he's down, lecturing him after he breaks his arm saving people or dismissing his dead time by bringing up her suicide.

I understand and usually enjoy efforts to bring up social issues in comics, but its pretty poorly done here, IMO
    Yeah, I could do with a little less "let's pile on Tony."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I don't think Patsy is kicking him when he's down. She's just trying to help him keep things in proper perspective, since his perspective IS biased by many factors (his wealth, his genius, his tendency towards arrogance and being a control freak, etc). She's using the benefit of her own experience--having grown up with a different level of privilege herself as a celebrity--to be able to somewhat relate to his own perspective and help shake him out of it. There is definitely a tough love tone to it, but it is coming from a place of trying to help him, not bash him....unlike virtually every other character in the series thus far.

I do agree that the overall Tony-bashing from the civilian population of the MU is getting a bit much. Should there be some citizens who have problems with Tony and/or Iron Man? Sure. But not the steady stream of it we're seeing here.

Its possible that the overall attitude in the MU is not actually as negative as it seems here--maybe the book is only showing us the negative because Tony himself is focusing on the negative? If that's the case though, it would help if maybe Patsy called him out on that too, and pointed out some examples of public respect or admiration that he was getting. Hopefully upcoming issues will either dial back the Tony-bashing or provide a better context for it.

On a separate note, I wonder who the Blizzard in this issue was. The current Blizzard is supposed to be Donnie Gill, but that's not any of the outfits he's worn over the years. That was the outfit of the original Blizzard, Gregor Shapanka, who is dead now. But there have been a few other one-off fill in Blizzards over the years. Maybe this is one them?