Page 20 of 111 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

After this is over with, I hope that Slott gives us updated takes on classic villains The Cobalt Man, Spymaster, the Ghost, make Madame Masque a credible threat. Ooh, and the Unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    After this is over with, I hope that Slott gives us updated takes on classic villains The Cobalt Man, Spymaster, the Ghost, make Madame Masque a credible threat. Ooh, and the Unicorn.
    I'd like to see some of them back around as well. Fraction updated a lot of Tony's rogues. I'd love to see Slott's take. He already brought back Spymaster.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-25-2020 at 03:42 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I'd like to see some of them back around as well. Fraction updated a lot of Tony's rogues. I'd love to see Slkott's take. He already brought back Spymaster.
    Lol I knew that, so I’m not sure why I listed him. Brain fart? He is my third favorite Iron Man villain, after Madame Masque and the Unicorn.

I haven't been comfortable with Stark being part of Alcoholics Anonymous ever since discovered it was a religious cult. He should be part of something modern, instead of something intended to bring someone to God. People seem to think it is something based on psychology, when it fact it was founded by Christians as a means to indoctrinate people into Christianity. It was eventually modified slightly to make it more ambiguous in its spirituality, but it is still a spiritual rather than scientific/medical organization. Stark should not be in it. Its history is really very disturbing.

Cool article. It’s neat how they go back and show Tony’s first trips to AA meetings. They just had one about Henry Hellrung being his sponsor. That’s a character I want Slott to bring back.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Who would you like to see on art duties when Slott and Gage reboot it after IM2020?

You're assuming they're not leaving the book after IM2020?

Anyone read Avengers yet? Big plot twist regarding Howard Stark.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

You got me worried.

Mighty Member

The current run of "Avengers" has more back-written origin for Tony Stark. The latest reveal is that his parents were in to BDSM cos-play. (Not making that up.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You got me worried.
    Yeah. It’s like I said before. It’s like they are mandated to make Howard and Maria look like the worse parents ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah. It’s like I said before. It’s like they are mandated to make Howard and Maria look like the worse parents ever.
    It's like they can't get enough of screwing over Tony's parents.

Not douchey enough? Well here are some more frakked up things we can do.

Meanwhile, poor Amanda has to suffer because she has no relationship with her "son".

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Yeah. Slott had 3 relaunches during his ASM run, with several big events sprinkled throughout it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Yeah. Slott had 3 relaunches during his ASM run, with several big events sprinkled throughout it.
    He had said that him or the artist weren’t leaving.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    The current run of "Avengers" has more back-written origin for Tony Stark. The latest reveal is that his parents were in to BDSM cos-play. (Not making that up.)
    Actually, the latest reveal is that Howard Stark was - and is - spoilers:
    a servant of Mephisto
    end of spoilers. (Trying to do spoiler tags but it doesn't seem to be working??)

I'll honestly be super impressed if this is intended to tie back to that mysterious villian who showed up 20 years ago in "The Iron Age" or whatever it was called.
    Last edited by Jness; 02-26-2020 at 09:37 PM.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud