Page 10 of 111 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Has tony lost his mind? He allowed a bomb near a hospital . I really hope that he was 100% sure that Arno was going to deal with the bomb.

I don't think that's the real Tony, nor even his perfect copy. That's the Mandarin. The art is the clue: they've given "Tony" the Mandarin's hair, and bone-structure. That's why "Tony" is willing to bomb a hospital. He's being gradually being overwritten by the Mandarin.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 01-15-2020 at 06:26 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't think that's the real Tony, nor even his perfect copy. That's the Mandarin. The art is the clue: they've given "Tony" the Mandarin's hair, and bone-structure. That's why "Tony" is willing to bomb a hospital. He's being gradually being overwritten by the Mandarin.
    Could be. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Yeah, i thought the same thing as soon as i saw him...thats the Mandarin, which raises a ton of questions, especially since Ezekiel Stane killed him at the end of Matt Fractions run.

Well Mandarin is a master of chi-mysticism, which is to say weaponizing your spiritual energy, which is to say your soul. So maybe once he died his soul was too powerful to go to the afterlife, so he wandered until he found Stark's soulless clone. And then he possessed it and is slowly turning it into himself.

So is Tony shown in the book? Does he at least play a part in it?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Something calling itself Tony Stark is shown. But it looks more like the Mandarin than Tony, and does incredibly unethical things that Tony never would, so probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman3000 View Post
    Yeah, i thought the same thing as soon as i saw him...thats the Mandarin, which raises a ton of questions, especially since Ezekiel Stane killed him at the end of Matt Fractions run.
    thought he died at the start of the Punisher vs Zemo storyline; bullet to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    So is Tony shown in the book? Does he at least play a part in it?
    you're going to have to see it for yourself. it's tricky. they show (in news footage) a drunken more classic looking Tony coming out of a liquor store. then towards the end the book, they introduce Mark One. he calls himself Mark One. and he looks like someone wearing the original armor who claims to be 100% A.I. he removes the helmet to reveal...er, Tony Stark (?) looking like the Mandarin. it's not the first time that Tony has grown his hair out (i remember a Kurth drawing that was similar). but he looked 'off.'

If you say so. He doesn't look like Tony at all, especially not those eyebrows. Those are Mandarin's eyebrows. And that's Mandarin's forehead shape as well.
    sure. but it also reminded me of how Tony was drawn by Steve Kurth. he seemed to like Stark rocking a full beard most of the time. anyone else remember that weird story where the villains were The Pride and the serpent society?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman3000 View Post
    Didn't the Punisher kill the Mandarin at the start of one of Frank's recent storylines? That's the last I remember seeing him.

RDJ was on Joe Rogan yesterday. Great interview. They obviously touch on Iron Man and the MCU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5XTDmm0KUQ

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Didn't the Punisher kill the Mandarin at the start of one of Frank's recent storylines? That's the last I remember seeing him.
    Which didn't make any sense. The Mandarin is a superhuman martial artist who has dodged bullets at close range before. He doesn't just stand around like a derp if you shoot at him.

Well Mandarin is a master of chi-mysticism, which is to say weaponizing your spiritual energy, which is to say your soul. So maybe once he died his soul was too powerful to go to the afterlife, so he wandered until he found Stark's soulless clone. And then he possessed it and is slowly turning it into himself.
    If this theory is true, this is basically Slott ripping himself off with Superior Spider-Man just splitting the plot points of replacing the hero with an amoral person taking on their name and a villain taking over the body of the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If this theory is true, this is basically Slott ripping himself off with Superior Spider-Man just splitting the plot points of replacing the hero with an amoral person taking on their name and a villain taking over the body of the hero.
    hate to point this out but Arno is currently parading around as Iron Man. how is that different from the Mandarin doing it?