Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 551
  1. #316
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,227

    Default

    TONY STARK BEAT SATAN IN A CAVE, WITHOUT EVEN A BOX OF SCRAPS!

    TONY STARK HAS A HEART! (And four dads.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

  2. #317
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    TONY STARK BEAT SATAN IN A CAVE, WITHOUT EVEN A BOX OF SCRAPS!

    TONY STARK HAS A HEART! (And four dads.)
    Satan-dad, replicant-dad, Hydra-agent-dad, and....who's the fourth?

  3. #318
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside a dead Celestial
    Posts
    5,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    TONY STARK BEAT SATAN IN A CAVE, WITHOUT EVEN A BOX OF SCRAPS!

    TONY STARK HAS A HEART! (And four dads.)
    He sure did best the devil at his own game. Mephisto better try that with someone else.
    " This is why you're the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, Stark. Because you're stronger than anyone. It's not the armor....and you know it. Your here because impossible things happen, and when they do, They call on you to deal with them. You see the angles, Tony. You always have. You see the possible solutions to things that shouldn't be happening." CAROL DANVERS

  4. #319
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Satan-dad, replicant-dad, Hydra-agent-dad, and....who's the fourth?
    Satan, since Satan-dad promised him to Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

  5. #320
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,215

    Default

    Avengers was good and it really have Tony some depththat we haven't seen in a long time. Loved everything except the continual frakkery of Howard Stark. They keep making him a worse and worse character. Why the continue to make him a douche is lost on me.

  6. #321
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Avengers was good and it really have Tony some depththat we haven't seen in a long time. Loved everything except the continual frakkery of Howard Stark. They keep making him a worse and worse character. Why the continue to make him a douche is lost on me.
    I think in this case, it might be a matter of Aaron enjoying telling stories about bad or troubled father figures.

    A major component of his Thor run was the conflict between Thor and Odin - maybe he's developing a similar scenario here with Tony and Howard.

    I liked the new Avengers issue. It's too early to say how I feel about what Aaron's doing with Howard and Mesphisto but if nothing else it's pretty wild so I'm definitely curious.

  7. #322
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,215

    Default

    Being a bad dad is one thing but selling your soul and your son to Mephisto? That's beyond being a bad dad. That's evil.

  8. #323
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Being a bad dad is one thing but selling your soul and your son to Mephisto? That's beyond being a bad dad. That's evil.
    Well, sure. It's definitely not painting Howard in a good light!

    But like I said, it's way too soon to say where this is all going so I wouldn't take anything at face value.

    I can't imagine Aaron's end game in this is as simple as Howard Stark being a secret Satanist all along and that Mephisto is Tony's true father or whatever so for now, I'm just content to see where it leads. I'm sure there's many surprises ahead!

  9. #324
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,215

    Default

    The problem is that Howard and Maria have already been given the treatment. Do we really even need theidwa of a satanic Howard at this point whether true or not? And so late in Tony's life without even a clue?

  10. #325
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    50,393

    Default

    To be honest, the Howard stuff seems ridiculous even by Aaron standards. I'm just not sure what it adds to things at this point, especially when we already have another Howard Stark running around at this point. It seems redundant.

    Maybe they'll Mephisto away the biological parents...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think in this case, it might be a matter of Aaron enjoying telling stories about bad or troubled father figures.

    A major component of his Thor run was the conflict between Thor and Odin - maybe he's developing a similar scenario here with Tony and Howard.

    I liked the new Avengers issue. It's too early to say how I feel about what Aaron's doing with Howard and Mesphisto but if nothing else it's pretty wild so I'm definitely curious.
    Aaron definitely seems to have a thing for daddy issues, not that it did Odin any good.

  11. #326
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, the Howard stuff seems ridiculous even by Aaron standards. I'm just not sure what it adds to things at this point, especially when we already have another Howard Stark running around at this point. It seems redundant.

    Maybe they'll Mephisto away the biological parents...

    Aaron definitely seems to have a thing for daddy issues, not that it did Odin any good.
    It sure doesn't add anything good. I just don't see the point of dragging Howard and Maria thru the mud anymore. Enough damage has been done.

  12. #327
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,227

    Default

    Steve's abusive father, now is your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

  13. #328
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    50,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Steve's abusive father, now is your time.
    I'd be less bothered by it then Howard.

  14. #329
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside a dead Celestial
    Posts
    5,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, the Howard stuff seems ridiculous even by Aaron standards. I'm just not sure what it adds to things at this point, especially when we already have another Howard Stark running around at this point. It seems redundant.

    Maybe they'll Mephisto away the biological parents...

    Aaron definitely seems to have a thing for daddy issues, not that it did Odin any good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It sure doesn't add anything good. I just don't see the point of dragging Howard and Maria thru the mud anymore. Enough damage has been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Being a bad dad is one thing but selling your soul and your son to Mephisto? That's beyond being a bad dad. That's evil.
    Agreed. They had already shown back in the day Howard forcing Tony to drink alcohol to make a man out of him. That was bad enough. Now you not only adopted him as a decoy so your real son never gets found out, but you barter his soul with the devil himself?!?!?! It is just dragging Tony's parents through the mud more and there is no need for it.
    " This is why you're the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, Stark. Because you're stronger than anyone. It's not the armor....and you know it. Your here because impossible things happen, and when they do, They call on you to deal with them. You see the angles, Tony. You always have. You see the possible solutions to things that shouldn't be happening." CAROL DANVERS

  15. #330
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside a dead Celestial
    Posts
    5,512
    " This is why you're the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, Stark. Because you're stronger than anyone. It's not the armor....and you know it. Your here because impossible things happen, and when they do, They call on you to deal with them. You see the angles, Tony. You always have. You see the possible solutions to things that shouldn't be happening." CAROL DANVERS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •