Page 22 of 111 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

TONY STARK BEAT SATAN IN A CAVE, WITHOUT EVEN A BOX OF SCRAPS!

TONY STARK HAS A HEART! (And four dads.)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Satan-dad, replicant-dad, Hydra-agent-dad, and....who's the fourth?

He sure did best the devil at his own game. Mephisto better try that with someone else.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Satan-dad, replicant-dad, Hydra-agent-dad, and....who's the fourth?
    Satan, since Satan-dad promised him to Satan.

Avengers was good and it really have Tony some depththat we haven't seen in a long time. Loved everything except the continual frakkery of Howard Stark. They keep making him a worse and worse character. Why the continue to make him a douche is lost on me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Avengers was good and it really have Tony some depththat we haven't seen in a long time. Loved everything except the continual frakkery of Howard Stark. They keep making him a worse and worse character. Why the continue to make him a douche is lost on me.
    I think in this case, it might be a matter of Aaron enjoying telling stories about bad or troubled father figures.

A major component of his Thor run was the conflict between Thor and Odin - maybe he's developing a similar scenario here with Tony and Howard.

I liked the new Avengers issue. It's too early to say how I feel about what Aaron's doing with Howard and Mesphisto but if nothing else it's pretty wild so I'm definitely curious.

Being a bad dad is one thing but selling your soul and your son to Mephisto? That's beyond being a bad dad. That's evil.

BANNED

Being a bad dad is one thing but selling your soul and your son to Mephisto? That's beyond being a bad dad. That's evil.
    Well, sure. It's definitely not painting Howard in a good light!

But like I said, it's way too soon to say where this is all going so I wouldn't take anything at face value.

I can't imagine Aaron's end game in this is as simple as Howard Stark being a secret Satanist all along and that Mephisto is Tony's true father or whatever so for now, I'm just content to see where it leads. I'm sure there's many surprises ahead!

The problem is that Howard and Maria have already been given the treatment. Do we really even need theidwa of a satanic Howard at this point whether true or not? And so late in Tony's life without even a clue?

To be honest, the Howard stuff seems ridiculous even by Aaron standards. I'm just not sure what it adds to things at this point, especially when we already have another Howard Stark running around at this point. It seems redundant.

Maybe they'll Mephisto away the biological parents...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think in this case, it might be a matter of Aaron enjoying telling stories about bad or troubled father figures.

A major component of his Thor run was the conflict between Thor and Odin - maybe he's developing a similar scenario here with Tony and Howard.

I liked the new Avengers issue. It's too early to say how I feel about what Aaron's doing with Howard and Mesphisto but if nothing else it's pretty wild so I'm definitely curious.
    Aaron definitely seems to have a thing for daddy issues, not that it did Odin any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, the Howard stuff seems ridiculous even by Aaron standards. I'm just not sure what it adds to things at this point, especially when we already have another Howard Stark running around at this point. It seems redundant.

Aaron definitely seems to have a thing for daddy issues, not that it did Odin any good.
    It sure doesn't add anything good. I just don't see the point of dragging Howard and Maria thru the mud anymore. Enough damage has been done.

Steve's abusive father, now is your time.

Steve's abusive father, now is your time.
    I'd be less bothered by it then Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It sure doesn't add anything good. I just don't see the point of dragging Howard and Maria thru the mud anymore. Enough damage has been done.
    Agreed. They had already shown back in the day Howard forcing Tony to drink alcohol to make a man out of him. That was bad enough. Now you not only adopted him as a decoy so your real son never gets found out, but you barter his soul with the devil himself?!?!?! It is just dragging Tony's parents through the mud more and there is no need for it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark