Page 23 of 111 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Being a bad dad is one thing but selling your soul and your son to Mephisto? That's beyond being a bad dad. That's evil.
    But it’s Mephisto, the Prince of Lies. He could just be doing this to mess with Tony.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    But it’s Mephisto, the Prince of Lies. He could just be doing this to mess with Tony.
    Sure it's possible. But they've already made Howard a douche. Why pretend to make him a satanist too?

iMan 42s

Sure it's possible. But they've already made Howard a douche. Why pretend to make him a satanist too?
    I'm not under the impression there is a literal Satan in Satanism even less it being Mephisto. I actually read a bit of the Satanic bible and while I can't attest to all variants, Anton Levay's is the sect most well known and it doesn't have an actual Satan near as I can tell. It's pretty much metaphorical.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I'm not under the impression there is a literal Satan in Satanism even less it being Mephisto. I actually read a bit of the Satanic bible and while I can't attest to all variants, Anton Levay's is the sect most well known and it doesn't have an actual Satan near as I can tell. It's pretty much metaphorical.
    Whatever you call it, they appear to show Howard being a worshipper and making a deal with the devil.

*shrugs* I’m just gonna wait until the end.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I think you are confusing different versions of Satanism. Some Satanists are basically atheists who use satanic imagery partially as a philosophical/symbolic thing and partially just to troll Christians.

There are other, completely unrelated Satanists, who genuinely believe in a kind of inverted Christianity and use it to justify some truly horrific acts. Those Satanists are quite rare in the real world, and probably all mentally ill types who would have glomed onto something else if Satan wasn't an available image to glom onto. The fictionalized version of these Satanists often have riches and power far beyond their mentally ill real world counterparts, because in fiction there is an actual Satan to hear them. This is the sort of Satanist Howard would be, not a member of the Church of Satan, as members of the Church of Satan are actually atheists who would be astonished if the Devil turned out to be real.

I hope its a Doctor Shapiro solo.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I want to see how they pull off this heist. Beating Tony’s security should be damn near impossible. So I’ll be checking out the issues to see what’s what.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-03-2020 at 08:47 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Oh...so that's what Iron Cat is .

My body is so ready for this.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-04-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Umm, this ain’t it BUT I really like Iron-verse idea.

Iron Man 2020 #3? Are we allowed to discuss it without spoiler tags? Really enjoyed the issue. Tony overthrew Jean and died more times than her.

I am Still waiting for TonyEmma wed!

Anyone read Rescue? And should we read it? (Pepper is meh)
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

iMan 42s

My LCS put all the 2020 stuff in my box despite only wanting Iron man 2020 so I'm a bit nervous this will actually require a tie-in. If this is also standard operating I'm curious as to how it will affect sales. So far within three issues it doesn't seem like that's the case though.

I thought issue three was fine even if we're still nowhere towards the actual A plot. I'm also finding it hard to sympathize with Tony here but maybe it will turn around.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

I am not expecting a tie-in between "Iron Man 2020" and "Avengers". (I really hope not.) "Iron Man 2020" seems to be focused on cleaning up problems caused in a previous run, while "Avengers" is all about adding more baggage (for reasons that probably make sense to somebody at Marvel).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/