Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If only they had the foresight to use a version the Superior Ironman Armor. It would have seemed more advanced and high tech as opposed to the retro look we get here.

So i'm pretty sure this got missed, as it was the last post in the 2019 thread, So i realize this is off the current topic and i don't know if it's been brought up before, but after watching Endgame for the billionth time, i remembered that their was a old issue of the Avengers that Tony used the Infinity Gauntlet and came through it just fine. It's issue #12 from June 2011, the Bendis run. He's using the Bleeding Edge armor (During the Fraction run of Invincible Iron Man), and the Hood had gotten a hold of the stones and after several battles, Tony gets the Gauntlet, puts the Hood back in prison and then he takes the gems and again gives them to the Illuminati, which Cap is now a part of. I wonder if Tony could have survived, by actually putting on the glove, instead of the stones actually integrating themselves in the armor...though putting on the glove almost killed Thanos regardless. I do find it Interesting that it killed him in the MCU, yet in the comics, he's just fine lol. It really does , in some aspects, show just how much the movies and comics can be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If only they had the foresight to use a version the Superior Ironman Armor. It would have seemed more advanced and high tech as opposed to the retro look we get here.
    Now that you mention it, if we were going to get a Superior Spider-Man-type story, better to actually use the Superior Iron Man armor.

I think it would have fit Arno well.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that you mention it, if we were going to get a Superior Spider-Man-type story, better to actually use the Superior Iron Man armor.

I think it would have fit Arno well.
    Probably would've explained the shoulder pads better. Being liquid metal goop, sure it's flexible. Also would've allowed the retaining of the slim aesthetic rather than the current bulky suit.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Probably in the minority, but I like the nods to the retro armors.

A pic of Tony. Gonna post some more later.
    14523063_671912062973065_8106377757592972282_n.jpg
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Lots of good Tony in The Web of Black Widow #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman3000 View Post
    So i'm pretty sure this got missed, as it was the last post in the 2019 thread, So i realize this is off the current topic and i don't know if it's been brought up before, but after watching Endgame for the billionth time, i remembered that their was a old issue of the Avengers that Tony used the Infinity Gauntlet and came through it just fine. It's issue #12 from June 2011, the Bendis run. He's using the Bleeding Edge armor (During the Fraction run of Invincible Iron Man), and the Hood had gotten a hold of the stones and after several battles, Tony gets the Gauntlet, puts the Hood back in prison and then he takes the gems and again gives them to the Illuminati, which Cap is now a part of. I wonder if Tony could have survived, by actually putting on the glove, instead of the stones actually integrating themselves in the armor...though putting on the glove almost killed Thanos regardless. I do find it Interesting that it killed him in the MCU, yet in the comics, he's just fine lol. It really does , in some aspects, show just how much the movies and comics can be very different.
    Yep, Tony was the first mortal to successfully wield the Infinity Gauntlet.

He could have/should have survived in the movie, but a death was more dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Lots of good Tony in The Web of Black Widow #5.
    Thanks as always. I picked up the first issue because he was in it. It was pretty good. I’ll check this issue out.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-03-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman3000 View Post
    Yeah, the Infinity Gems were totally different in the MCU--right down to the name being changed from "gems" to "stones". In the comics we've seen other mortal characters use the stones (individually and in the whole Infinity Gauntlet) without any lethal consequence.

Double post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-09-2020 at 02:52 PM.

When is this coming out? I thought it would be this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    When is this coming out? I thought it would be this week.
    Iron Man 2020 #1 comes out next week according to Diamond.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Yep, Tony was the first mortal to successfully wield the Infinity Gauntlet.

He could have/should have survived in the movie, but a death was more dramatic.

the movie version of the gauntlet places an enormous energy burden on the user
    in the comics even captain america was able to wield it to push away the incursion before it broke

his death is required for the dramatic as there could've been plausible alternatives, but the reason is different