Page 34 of 111 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Right after Ellis and Granov was The Knaufs run which was great. I think they told the best Mandarin story ever. You should try that and Micheline and Laytons run on Iron Man. I think you would enjoy both.
    That was the one that led into Civil War and director of shield etc right?
    If so, I read it and you're right - I did enjoy that run.
    Think I just lumped everything under the Extremis Era.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    That was the one that led into Civil War and director of shield etc right?
    If so, I read it and you're right - I did enjoy that run.
    Think I just lumped everything under the Extremis Era.
    Yes that’s it. I’m glad you enjoyed it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

While we are under quarantine is anyone going back and reading any Iron Man or Iron Man related material?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

While we are under quarantine is anyone going back and reading any Iron Man or Iron Man related material?
    Yup. Awhile ago, I finished re-reading Avengers/Thunderbolts (2004) from Busiek/Nicieza/Kitson/Grummett. A wonderful reading experience and a definite good story, in which Tony infiltrates the T-Bolts and (ever so slightly) begins to have second thoughts about Helmut's plans for the world.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yup. Awhile ago, I finished re-reading Avengers/Thunderbolts (2004) from Busiek/Nicieza/Kitson/Grummett. A wonderful reading experience and a definite good story, in which Tony infiltrates the T-Bolts and (ever so slightly) begins to have second thoughts about Helmut's plans for the world.
    You finished that awhile ago to did you? I went from there straight through NEW T-BOLTS then DARK AVENGERS (they all had their strength but to me Ellis was the weakest link).

To bring this back on topic, I liked Fabian continuing to use Tony in NEW T-BOLTS when they infiltrated Avengers tower.

I just finished the Armor Wars II story today. Picked up the first issue of Kurt Busiek's run the other day. I have several issues from Fraction's run but haven't gotten to them yet.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    I just finished the Armor Wars II story today. Picked up the first issue of Kurt Busiek's run the other day. I have several issues from Fraction's run but haven't gotten to them yet.
    That’s awesome. Did you enjoy Armor Wars II? Busiek’s run is all kinds of fun and I don’t have the words to describe how epic Fraction’s run is. Let us know what you think after you finish reading them.

Yes and no. I was more interested in the Mandarin story than the main plot. The conclusion felt a bit ho-hum but it left me wanting to see how Tony proceeds after dealing with the DeWitt situation.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

I have the Michelinie/Layton collected run to reread.

Most Wanted.

And I'm about to pick up a new Marvel Select Iron Man figure from Avengers:Endgame tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    Yes and no. I was more interested in the Mandarin story than the main plot. The conclusion felt a bit ho-hum but it left me wanting to see how Tony proceeds after dealing with the DeWitt situation.
    That's good. It made you want to read more Iron Man and that's what the book should have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I have the Michelinie/Layton collected run to reread.
    That's cool. I've been trying to get the omnibus, but the prices are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Most Wanted.

And I'm about to pick up a new Marvel Select Iron Man figure from Avengers:Endgame tomorrow.

If it's the Mark 85 figure then you're in for a treat as it's frigging cool. I bought it a few months ago and it's worthy enough to have in any collection.

More unused Iron Man 3 art. This one is War Machine.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-3s-unus...and-dangerous/

Thanks for the share juan678. Really good article. Tony has done pretty good with battling his alcoholism in my opinion. He has fallen off a bit, but he always bounces back stronger and better for it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-11-2020 at 10:21 AM.