Page 38 of 111 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    All good picks!
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    No argument from me.

My only additions would be...

"Escape from Heaven's Hand!" (IM #152)
    "Light Makes Right!" (IM #153)

They are all incredible pics. Although I always find it irksome that my all time favorite Iron Man story Stark Disassembled never makes it. To me that story shows you the very essence of who Tony Stark was, is and will be. You see what a burden it is to be Iron Man. About how his pride stops him for asking for help when he truly needs it. What his mother and fathers legacy means to him and how much blood he thinks he could never wash off his hands. Fraction was absolutely killing it when he did 5 Nightmares and Worlds Most Wanted, but Stark Disassembled came right after those and was a masterpiece in my eyes.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-12-2020 at 12:53 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I was wondering about this issue as I heard Tony was going to be in it. I'll definitely be checking it out.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I was wondering about this issue as I heard Tony was going to be in it. I'll definitely be checking it out.
    Do so if you can re. checking it out.

Apart from being a good book in itself, Tony's characterization/ appearance was good.

A somewhat simplistic/ "back to basics" approach which I found rather refreshing.

This September, Tony Stark will be going back to basics and putting the MAN back in Iron Man! Acclaimed writer and producer Christopher Cantwell (Doctor Doom, TV’s Halt and Catch Fire) and international super-star artist CAFU (JANE FOSTER: VALKYRIE) will be bringing Marvel readers a new age of iron, including an all-new suit of armor designed by legendary Marvel painter Alex Ross.

"I’m over the moon about getting a shot at writing the Golden Avenger," Cantwell said in a statement. "Since Bob Layton’s art in the 1980s captured my imagination as a kid, I’ve been fascinated by Iron Man, and in this new story run I’m aiming to explore the question: who should Iron Man be today? An angel? A god? Or just a humble man? Tony’s going to try and strip the idea of Iron Man all the way down to its metal core, something that will constantly be at odds with his giant ego. We’ll see if he can truly keep his arrogant self-image in check, even as others with god complexes set their sights on the entire universe."
    Last edited by juan678; 06-12-2020 at 08:56 AM.

I've heard a lot of good things about Cantwell's Doom book, so that's exciting, and the art looks great .

The new armor looks like they're going for a "modern classic" vibe, which makes sense since Alex Ross designed it.

Iron Man #1

Written by Christopher Cantwell
    Art by CAFU
    Wraparound cover art by Alex Ross
    Tony is putting away his high-tech toys and high-profile image so he can get his hands dirty again. But can he really lay that Stark-sized ego down? Life isn’t always that simple, something that old friends and frustrating foes are quick to point out. If you strip a billionaire down to his bolts, does he run solid…or just overheat?
    For answers to these questions, along with a thrilling new era of rock-solid super-heroic action and adventure, do not miss IRON MAN #1 when it soars into comic shops this September!

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-iron-man-...ex-ross-armor/

The armor looks very retro, not something I'd expect after so many sleeker designs.
    But the creative team is good, so this will probably be pretty solid, I hope.

BANNED

Very happy with this, 90s logo is fantastic to have back.

Armour looks great, got so sick of every armour trying to look like the movie version.

Incredible Member

Can it be? Do I dare get my hopes up for a good Iron Man run?

So many have tried and I have been left wanting.

Must say I like the concept (of issue 1). Let's wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    A famous and dead comic book protagonist returns...? That is so unheard of, I applaud them for the daring new idea.

But it is a nice trailer. Did they get Samuel L. Jackson to narrate?

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    I agree, they gave him a very cool looking logo back then.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    A famous and dead comic book protagonist returns...? That is so unheard of, I applaud them for the daring new idea.

But it is a nice trailer. Did they get Samuel L. Jackson to narrate?

I agree, they gave him a very cool looking logo back then.
    Wow right when I decided to check out Cantwell Dr Doom series due to being nominated a Eisner and enjoying it, this pops up, must be a sign.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

Armour looks great, got so sick of every armour trying to look like the movie version.
    Even the armor has a 90's vibe.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate