Page 39 of 111 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This September, Tony Stark will be going back to basics and putting the MAN back in Iron Man! Acclaimed writer and producer Christopher Cantwell (Doctor Doom, TV’s Halt and Catch Fire) and international super-star artist CAFU (JANE FOSTER: VALKYRIE) will be bringing Marvel readers a new age of iron, including an all-new suit of armor designed by legendary Marvel painter Alex Ross.

"I’m over the moon about getting a shot at writing the Golden Avenger," Cantwell said in a statement. "Since Bob Layton’s art in the 1980s captured my imagination as a kid, I’ve been fascinated by Iron Man, and in this new story run I’m aiming to explore the question: who should Iron Man be today? An angel? A god? Or just a humble man? Tony’s going to try and strip the idea of Iron Man all the way down to its metal core, something that will constantly be at odds with his giant ego. We’ll see if he can truly keep his arrogant self-image in check, even as others with god complexes set their sights on the entire universe."
    Glad to hear Cantwell is on and wants to write Iron Man. Halt and Catch Fire was my favorite show when it was on.

I LOVE when Marvel does videos like this. I'm very excited for this book.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I MUST have this variant. Love it having all the old school villains on there. Alex Ross is a can't lose artist.

Iron Man #1

Written by Christopher Cantwell
    Art by CAFU
    Wraparound cover art by Alex Ross
    Tony is putting away his high-tech toys and high-profile image so he can get his hands dirty again. But can he really lay that Stark-sized ego down? Life isn’t always that simple, something that old friends and frustrating foes are quick to point out. If you strip a billionaire down to his bolts, does he run solid…or just overheat?
    For answers to these questions, along with a thrilling new era of rock-solid super-heroic action and adventure, do not miss IRON MAN #1 when it soars into comic shops this September!

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-iron-man-...ex-ross-armor/
    I'm loving the new look of this armor. It does look throwback to the 90's. I'm usually not a fan of Tony going backwards with his armor, but I am definitely willing to give this a chance.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-13-2020 at 08:41 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mark Brooks work as always is solid gold in my eyes. This will probably be a variant. The last one he did with Iron Man and Madame Masque was glorious.

Who is DC's Tony Stark? Of course it's no one. Tony is one of a kind.
    https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-d...se-tony-stark/

iMan 42s

What works about this is that it feels modern rather than a throwback. The segmented plates, modern helmet shape, and level of depth is what helps this stand out. Kind of like looking at a videogame remake. There's just a higher level of detail here than what was otherwise on the classic design and I can already differentiate it between the classic and modern version.

This should also help other teams figure out what Iron man looks like since they'll inevitably have him drawn like the classic armor but it'll be mostly accurate rather than shoving him into Extremis and making a new armor that lasts for a single issue.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I kinda wish they'd streamline the torso a bit...

I'm not as in love with the look as I am interested in the idea of going retro, specifically the idea that we might be able to see his eyes again.

PSYCHOLOGICALLY AID IN INSTILLING FEAR
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even the armor has a 90's vibe.
    Speaking of the '90s, I still remember this Alex Ross rendition of Iron Man from...

Marvels #0
    (August, 1994)

I wonder how the new armor will be branded. What, if anything, is unique about the functions of it? My guess is that certain cohorts of fandom consider themselves weary of deus-ex-machina gadgets, Tony's intellect notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'm not as in love with the look as I am interested in the idea of going retro, specifically the idea that we might be able to see his eyes again.

PSYCHOLOGICALLY AID IN INSTILLING FEAR
    I doubt the eye thing will be consistent. Not sure how I feel about it otherwise.

I doubt the eye thing will be consistent. Not sure how I feel about it otherwise.
    Why not? It's literally just drawing an eyeball in place of what would usually be a blue eye frame, I doubt it's a difficult look to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Why not? It's literally just drawing an eyeball in place of what would usually be a blue eye frame, I doubt it's a difficult look to maintain.
    I think artists might be more used to drawing Iron Man without eyes.

I think artists might be more used to drawing Iron Man without eyes.
    At the end of the day, it is their job to keep on track of this stuff and make sure a costume or design is consistent across the books. Otherwise it's just plain laziness if they're keeping to what they're used to.

Marvel didn't care about having any of the Schiti suits used across other books so don't hold your breath. But in the actual book at least we'll have eyes!

https://twitter.com/ifyoucantwell/st...190646785?s=20

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah but that's also a bit different. Schiti didn't just create 1 suit, he created multiple, so it would have been hard to keep it consistent across all the books. Hence, they went with the Extremis look as the main one. The difference here is that it's only seemingly 1 suit, that Tony will be wearing during the run. So it shouldn't be as difficult to keep consistent. I'd expect them to also be consistent with Thor's new look as well or, heck, if Spider Man started wearing a yellow suit for whatever reason.