Page 47 of 111 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Me and my cousin ask ourselves the same question often. He gets who and what Tony’s about. Everything he has written that has to do with Tony has been solid gold.
    Honestly, Marvel was crazy for not tapping him to helm the Avengers, and Iron Man. He actually got the franchise. He understood the characters, and could deliver stories that were befitting of the team. Everyone likes to talk about how Bendis’ Avengers changed the franchise, but it didn’t. Not really. He didn’t get their voices, and the threats were never up to par. Or if they were, Bendis hamfisted “sci-fi” storytelling abilities couldn’t deliver on the potential. Marvel had the movie rights for the Avengers, and would have pushed any writer or artist who was lucky enough to be chosen to revitalize the line.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Honestly, Marvel was crazy for not tapping him to helm the Avengers, and Iron Man. He actually got the franchise. He understood the characters, and could deliver stories that were befitting of the team. Everyone likes to talk about how Bendis’ Avengers changed the franchise, but it didn’t. Not really. He didn’t get their voices, and the threats were never up to par. Or if they were, Bendis hamfisted “sci-fi” storytelling abilities couldn’t deliver on the potential. Marvel had the movie rights for the Avengers, and would have pushed any writer or artist who was lucky enough to be chosen to revitalize the line.
    He wrote some damn good Avenger stories. Maybe he’ll get a chance after Aaron who’s run I’m not really feeling.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

He wrote some damn good Avenger stories. Maybe he’ll get a chance after Aaron who’s run I’m not really feeling.
    His voice and style reminds me of Roger Stern’s.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

His voice and style reminds me of Roger Stern’s.
    I can see similarities. How do you feel about Aaron's run on Avengers so far?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I can see similarities. How do you feel about Aaron's run on Avengers so far?
    For me it's like a popcorn movie that has some interesting ideas but I've read better Avengers runs with better characterization/team dynamics. Or better use of some of the members in his roster.

I know you were asking Shadowcat and not me, but I just kind of wanted to chime in with my thoughts. Sorry .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For me it's like a popcorn movie that has some interesting ideas but I've read better Avengers runs with better characterization/team dynamics. Or better use of some of the members in his roster.

I know you were asking Shadowcat and not me, but I just kind of wanted to chime in with my thoughts. Sorry .
    No need to apologize. All opinions welcomed. I'm just not feeling his run so far. Not one arc has grabbed me.

No need to apologize. All opinions welcomed. I'm just not feeling his run so far. Not one arc has grabbed me.
    Sometimes it doesn't seem like Aaron is feeling it.

Sometimes it doesn't seem like Aaron is feeling it.
    Yeah you’re right. It does seem that way.

Tony's dreams in Avengers Empyre.
    https://www.cbr.com/empyre-phoenix-saga-parallel/

Could they bring Arno in on the movies to replace Tony? Someone to come in and stake a claim to the Stark fortune?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Tony's dreams in Avengers Empyre.
    https://www.cbr.com/empyre-phoenix-saga-parallel/
    Ugh. His dream is clearly referencing Rick Jones’ dreams that kicked off the Kree/Skrull war, and Operation: Galactic Storm.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

New Elder has something in common with Tony. Kind of stretching it, but just in case someone is interested.
    https://www.cbr.com/empyre-elder-of-...teer-iron-man/

I think it's just a weird mix with Ghost Rider and Blade on the team. It's not bad, it's just seeing characters that you're not used to on the team.

Aaron has some god plot ideas but the execution isn't always satisfying.

Could they bring Arno in on the movies to replace Tony? Someone to come in and stake a claim to the Stark fortune?
    I'm thinking that they want to go with someone younger in the suit, someone who can be around for at least 5-6+ movies. What would be funny is if they have Ezekiel Stane show up in the MCU to stake a claim to the Iron Man/Monger mantle.

iMan 42s

A villainous Iron man would be really good though I'd be more up for a story arc with MCU Doom becoming Infamous Iron man. That to me offers a lot more story potential especially given the Avengers foreign affairs and able to watch a heroic transition occur. It's a clearer story arc especially since with Doom connected to the mystic arts we could also get a team-up with Tony through time travel (meeting through the gap between Infinity War and Endgame) or Doom could meet Tony in the afterlife while looking for his mother.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.