Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

I read Empyre #1 and a lot of it is from Tony's point of view. spoilers:
    Tony comes with a plan to takeout the Kree/Skrull fleet with a virus and it works, but the Coati that the Avengers were fighting for turn out to be the bad guys and now the fleet is left defenseless for the Coati to kill. Tony thought he was doing the right thing due to the vision he had, but it turns out that he is being mental manipulated. Now everyone is looking to put the blame on Tony's shoulders.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-21-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Video talking about Tony's snap creating an evil Iron Man.
    https://www.cbr.com/video-tony-stark...evil-iron-man/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Man, what would Kamala think of this! Her "superhero parents" (yeah, in Civil War II she called their arguing like watching her superhero parents divorcing - Carol and Tony were her mentors), acting as parents!
    She would probably be entertained now by their joking around one minute and then screaming at each other the next minute relationship.
    Meh still prefer carol with peter parker

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Meh still prefer carol with peter parker
    Tony and Carol aren’t a couple. They just have a really solid friendship. He's also her AA sponsor
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-21-2020 at 03:31 AM.

Yeah, Carol's actually dating Tony's best friend - Jim Rhodes, War Machine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You can't blame people for not remembering that, since it's barely a thing in the comic. I'm not sure why they drag it still. There is almost no interaction shown between them, no writer seems to have any idea what do with it, it just sucks out potential for more interesting relationships out from characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    You can't blame people for not remembering that, since it's barely a thing in the comic. I'm not sure why they drag it still. There is almost no interaction shown between them, no writer seems to have any idea what do with it, it just sucks out potential for more interesting relationships out from characters.
    I'm kind of surprised Thompson kept it instead of just giving Carol her own love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised Thompson kept it instead of just giving Carol her own love interest.
    I for one am glad she keep the relationship going. I like what I’ve read when they are together.

Astonishing Member

She actually didn't keep it going -- she brought it back. During the period Rhodey was dead Carol had a new love interest introduced in the LIFE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL miniseries...but he was quickly dropped and has yet to be mentioned again.

Actually I thought Thompson has given the relationship a decent amount of panel time so far in the series, and certainly developed the relationship more than it ever got during its original run. When the Carol/Rhodey was first introduced it just suddenly appeared between volumes with no prior build up or development, and inexplicably dropping the Frank Gianelli relationship that DeConnick had been building towards in the previous volume--and then it was basically treated like an afterthought because they immediately sent Carol out into space for weeks or months at a time with no contact with Rhodey.

At least this time around we actually get to see them interacting, on-panel, as a couple.

Tony used Jeff Goldblum Independence Day move.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-copied-...ence-day-move/

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I for one am glad she keep the relationship going. I like what I’ve read when they are together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    She actually didn't keep it going -- she brought it back. During the period Rhodey was dead Carol had a new love interest introduced in the LIFE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL miniseries...but he was quickly dropped and has yet to be mentioned again.

Actually I thought Thompson has given the relationship a decent amount of panel time so far in the series, and certainly developed the relationship more than it ever got during its original run. When the Carol/Rhodey was first introduced it just suddenly appeared between volumes with no prior build up or development, and inexplicably dropping the Frank Gianelli relationship that DeConnick had been building towards in the previous volume--and then it was basically treated like an afterthought because they immediately sent Carol out into space for weeks or months at a time with no contact with Rhodey.

At least this time around we actually get to see them interacting, on-panel, as a couple.
    He still appeared in less than a third of issues and their interactions basically consisted of: Hug. "You look beautiful." Kiss. That's such an incredibly shallow portrayal of relationship that it comes off as a self parody. Since we are in Tony's thread, let's me go ontopic - Carol had much deeper and more emotional interactions with Tony in her series than with Rhodey.

Since we are in Tony's thread, let's me go ontopic - Carol had much deeper and more emotional interactions with Tony in her series than with Rhodey.
    I like that they have been touching on Tony's and Carol's friendship more. I think it's a really deep friendship and they have been with each other through some tough times. I would have liked it more if Tony had told her how wrong she was in Civil War II, but I guess the writers just wanted to move past that.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-22-2020 at 01:48 AM.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things improve for you soon .
    I hope things get better for you real soon.
    You guys are too nice TT^TT Thank you!

I like that they have been touching on Tony's and Carol's friendship more. I think it's a really deep friendship and they have been with each other through some tough times. I would have liked it more if Tony had told her how wrong she was in Civil War II, but I guess the writers just wanted to move past that.
    I miss old Tony and Carol friendship, it was so iconic and platonic which is rare. I can’t stand how Aaron is writing their interaction in his avenger run. Carol is mistreating Tony in her solo but I really have hope in them squashing the beef and going back to square one cs I really miss their friendship. Marvel must have at least one writer that cherish the friendship.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    You guys are too nice TT^TT Thank you!

I miss old Tony and Carol friendship, it was so iconic and platonic which is rare. I can’t stand how Aaron is writing their interaction in his avenger run. Carol is mistreating Tony in her solo but I really have hope in them squashing the beef and going back to square one cs I really miss their friendship. Marvel must have at least one writer that cherish the friendship.
    You are very welcome. So has Tony been in Carol's book recently? I got a couple of issues he was in, but the last one I bought is when she had turned bad.

You are very welcome. So has Tony been in Carol's book recently? I got a couple of issues he was in, but the last one I bought is when she had turned bad.
    He was in the rest of that arc, and then the book got Corona'd and only one issue (Tony-less) came out since then. He will probably be in Empyre tie-ins somewhere.