Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yes he was. Tony was in it as it was passed down to him, but he told Shaw were he can stick it.
    Oh wait. Membership is inherited? I didn’t know that.

I mean, the Hellfire Club ain’t it. I don’t want Tony associating with em since Krakoa is a fishy cult .. it’s best for Tony Stark to just spray his man milk in Emma then dip.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I kind of credit Emma's powers for that. Whereas I find the other 3 more impressive because they've come as far as they have without super human abilities.

Again, I'm not automatically a "No" but it definitely depends on how it is written. Tony Stark is an A-List, Iconic character and he shouldn't be used to prop up a B Level, writers pet.

If the writers were going to put Tony with another femme fatale, I would have preferred Natasha or Felicia Hardy.

But we'll see if anything comes of this.
    Oh I agree with you on your points. I was just saying I wouldn’t underestimate Emma.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I think some people are confusing the outer and inner circles of the Hellfire Club. The Outer Circle is a public club consisting of many, many idle rich types. It is not sinister in any sense save perhaps that its profits go to Inner Circle members. The Inner Circle is a sinister organization within it. Thousands of people have been members of the outer circle while doing nothing more sinister than playing golf, polo, and having a few sex-parties.

The Starks are members of the outer circle. Only villains are allowed in the Inner Circle. The strange thing is that Stark has maintained his membership in the outer circle despite knowing that the profits go to Inner Circle members. That's something that just kind of gets glossed over, perhaps because writers like having Stark interact with Emma. But really, he should have torn up his membership card the moment he realized that his membership fees were ultimately financing villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’d be interesting to see more non-mutants interacting with the Hellfire Club. I mean, it can’t just be mutants who are into wealthy BDSM genital jamborees.
    Currently the inner circle is comprised of 4 kid “geniuses.” All human. It’s quite ridiculous. But plenty of non-mutants are associated with the club.

Dwayne Taylor
    Norman Osborn
    Donald Pierce
    Blackheart
    Margali Szardos
    Castlemere

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I think some people are confusing the outer and inner circles of the Hellfire Club. The Outer Circle is a public club consisting of many, many idle rich types. It is not sinister in any sense save perhaps that its profits go to Inner Circle members. The Inner Circle is a sinister organization within it. Thousands of people have been members of the outer circle while doing nothing more sinister than playing golf, polo, and having a few sex-parties.

The Starks are members of the outer circle. Only villains are allowed in the Inner Circle. The strange thing is that Stark has maintained his membership in the outer circle despite knowing that the profits go to Inner Circle members. That's something that just kind of gets glossed over, perhaps because writers like having Stark interact with Emma. But really, he should have torn up his membership card the moment he realized that his membership fees were ultimately financing villainy.
    Roberto Dacosta and Brian Braddock were members of the lords cardinal. I doubt that they think much of the villain label. Currently they are focused entirely on business; with Kate Pryde as a member. Btw, Howard looked to be an actual inner circle inductee; judging by the flashback. It was he, Shaw, James Braddock, and Archangel’s father. They were wearing the period piece suits and everything. Remember that Sebastian started booting humans out when he took power.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-09-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

Tony did leave his membership. He told it right to Shaw’s face that he was out. It was in an Iron Man one shot called Kiss and Kill.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They have 3 variants I have to get lol.

Wow, they went straight to Hitler with Arno. First agenda out of the gate is genocide.

It would be interesting, but I want to see him with Jan more. I think Slott has barely scratched the surface with them together.
    Very true. It's been one crisis after another since they became a couple again.

Little to no down time together.

I can go with Sol's Hammer being No.1.

But no mention of the Hulk-Buster or Phoenix armor is surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I can go with Sol's Hammer being No.1.

But no mention of the Hulk-Buster or Phoenix armor is surprising.
    My thoughts as well. I thought the Hulkbuster and Phoenix armor should have been on there, but it was a interesting list. Some old and some new.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-09-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Currently the inner circle is comprised of 4 kid “geniuses.” All human. It’s quite ridiculous. But plenty of non-mutants are associated with the club.

Dwayne Taylor
    Norman Osborn
    Donald Pierce
    Blackheart
    Margali Szardos
    Castlemere
    How often are those listed shown in the club?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I. Love. Pete Woods’ Iron Man sooooooo much. Give it to me, zaddy...