Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Iron Man #72 Jan 1975
    "Convention of Fear!"
    While on a business trip to Southern California, Tony Stark decides to attend
    the San Diego Comics Convention...and he goes incognito as Iron Man!

However, the Black Lama is lurking in the shadows at the convention

and convinces Man-Bull, the Melter and Whiplash to fight Shell-head.

NOTES: Various Marvel bullpen members are depicted in the story including Roy Thomas.
    Neal Adams is credited with drawing part of the top panel of page 14.

Story by Mike Friedrich. Art by George Tuska and Vince Colletta.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Iron Man #72 Jan 1975
    "Convention of Fear!"
    While on a business trip to Southern California, Tony Stark decides to attend
    the San Diego Comics Convention...and he goes incognito as Iron Man!

However, the Black Lama is lurking in the shadows at the convention

and convinces Man-Bull, the Melter and Whiplash to fight Shell-head.

NOTES: Various Marvel bullpen members are depicted in the story including Roy Thomas.
    Neal Adams is credited with drawing part of the top panel of page 14.

Story by Mike Friedrich. Art by George Tuska and Vince Colletta.
    Iron Man going to Comic Con. Can’t top that lol. I remember reading that for the first time and I just thought it was pretty entertaining for them to do that.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    LOOL Arno is taking revenge on his parents. Now that I think of it, they did him so wrong. He should take his hatred on em and leave my Tony alone.

On another note, I finally got to read Machine Man/Iron Man 2020 the 80s event. After reading that event I finally understood what Slott is doing, every makes sense now.

The whole Arno and Sunset duo is appealing. Jocasta role too. To be honest, I think the old event did a better job with Arno than 616 is doing with Arno. Nonetheless, I am looking forward for how it’s going to be wrapped.

I hope and hope Slott will not treat Tony’s alcoholism as a joke. He tends to make light of serious topics. Many writers seems to fail capturing Tony’s struggles with alcohol.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

i hate Arno. but he's here and he's not Amanda Armstrong. so i'm going to hold my nose and continue to support the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i hate Arno. but he's here and he's not Amanda Armstrong. so i'm going to hold my nose and continue to support the book.
    I liked Arno until he stabbed Tony in the back. I wanted him to have a brother, but it came back against him. Anyway I’m glad you are sticking with the book my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I liked Arno until he stabbed Tony in the back. I wanted him to have a brother, but it came back against him. Anyway I’m glad you are sticking with the book my friend.
    About Amanda, is Tony still considered her bio son cuz from my interpretation Arno used his dna to bring Tony back? Or is my comprehension in the negatives?

The thing with Arno, I don’t know why he back stabbed Tony? Is because he blamed him for being hidden or is it because Tony stole „his life and parents“. If that’s the reason, Slott did a trash job portraying it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    About Amanda, is Tony still considered her bio son cuz from my interpretation Arno used his dna to bring Tony back? Or is my comprehension in the negatives?

The thing with Arno, I don’t know why he back stabbed Tony? Is because he blamed him for being hidden or is it because Tony stole „his life and parents“. If that’s the reason, Slott did a trash job portraying it.
    I think the point of Motherboard was all the DNA in Tony is synthetic now. That was why she called Amanda a "cow" that created his flesh but his flesh died while Maria "created" his mind and his mind still exist.

Is a way to eliminate the retcon without make the things more complicate. Tony created himself again when he ressurected and that didnt include the DNA of Amanda.

And Arno relationship with tony and his parents is strange, he loves them but at the same time is punishing them, and he saved Tony life in the eScape arc but at the same time ruined it.
    Last edited by hulkling; 01-13-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    I think the point of Motherboard was all the DNA in Tony is synthetic now. That was why she called Amanda a "cow" that created his flesh but his flesh died while Maria "created" his mind and his mind still exist.

Is a way to eliminate the retcon without make the things more complicate. Tony created himself again when he ressurected and that didnt include the DNA of Amanda.

And Arno relationship with tony and his parents is strange, he loves them but at the same time is punishing them, and he saved Tony life in the eScape arc but at the same time ruined it.
    Lmaoo I don’t remember Motherboard calling Amanda a cow. I mean, I have always said birthmoms ain’t ****. I was adopted and they are my real family. The fact Tony „searched“ for his birthmom was annoying and Amanda’s attitude/character didn’t help her case

I didn’t know this was supposed to be a retcon because Arno is still his brother. The original retcon itself was so ridiculous, it’s rubbing me the wrong way. His parents using Tony as decoy to protect Arno and at the same time they neglect Arnö. Parents of the century 101. I mentioned it before, in canon universe Tony has always said that his mom brought the good in him and she loved him immensely. For Gillen to make her okay with using Tony as decoy is great disrespect.

As for Arnos relationship; I think he is lost. He has been trapped all his life with no human interaction. Sunset is preying on his naivety, I guess. I gotta his family lowkey deserves what’s coming for them. Hickmans SHILED made me give Howard a lil respect but naaah fam. He’s a jerk.
    Last edited by BitParallel; 01-13-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Doing my research and finding some great stories. But more importantly? I've found the greatest page in all of comics.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spoilers for old comics I guess, but the most enjoyable thing about AU! Arno from these stories is that he has an actual arc where he goes from selfish mercenary thug to actually caring about people and the world, but he remains a prick who loves his money, loves his power, and will happily use those to murk anyone who crosses the line. And the world around him is really into it. It's just an interesting set-up for an anti-hero.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

He really sounds like a Supervillain .

Just think of how unlikely it is that the child that a pop star and hydra doofus conceived only to be handed over to the Starks was a) able to pass as their biological son b) be the same age as said son and c) also be a super genius.

Just think of how unlikely it is that the child that a pop star and hydra doofus conceived only to be handed over to the Starks was a) able to pass as their biological son b) be the same age as said son and c) also be a super genius.
    And looks like the spitting image of his adoptive father.