Page 84 of 111 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1655
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I love his voice, but I kinda wish we’d have somewhere that wasn’t New York or L.A. I just feel he needs a real change of venue. Maybe move him up to Seattle, or Chicago. Detroit, and the rust belt, where automation has hit Americans the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I love his voice, but I kinda wish we’d have somewhere that wasn’t New York or L.A. I just feel he needs a real change of venue. Maybe move him up to Seattle, or Chicago. Detroit, and the rust belt, where automation has hit Americans the hardest.
    Totally agree with you. When they said they were moving him I was hoping it wasn't New York. Nothing against the city. I love it. It's just I think more heroes should spread out.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-20-2020 at 02:26 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Totally agree with you. When they said they were moving him I was hoping it wasn't New York. Nothing against the city. I love. It's just I think more heroes should spread out.
    Exactly. A whole country to explore, and he’s stuck in 2 locales 99.99999999% of the time. I’m sticking with it, because I’m very impressed by this first issue, and given time, and a chance to cultivate, this run has potential to be really something.

If he was in Chicago, there'd be no reason not to expect Ironheart to show up every issue, since that's her turf.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Most writers tend to stick with places they know and easier landmarks to point out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Most writers tend to stick with places they know and easier landmarks to point out.
    Have you read it yet brother? What did you think?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I vote for Detroit since I live in the suburbs. The Motor City would be perfect for Tony. I like this new stripped down bare bones Tony. Especially the return to a classic armor. Good first issue. Tony needs a fresh start.

Like the ideas of Detroit, I think I would be a bit more excited if he was at a new local.
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Have you read it yet brother? What did you think?
    I'll pick it up in the next couple of days but judging by your posts I think I'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I vote for Detroit since I live in the suburbs. The Motor City would be perfect for Tony. I like this new stripped down bare bones Tony. Especially the return to a classic armor. Good first issue. Tony needs a fresh start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Like the ideas of Detroit, I think I would be a bit more excited if he was at a new local.
    I was thinking Detroit as well. From some of the reasons you guys stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'll pick it up in the next couple of days but judging by your posts I think I'll like it.
    Can't wait to hear what you think about it.

7 Major Takeaways from Iron Man #1.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rom-iron-man-1

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A most interesting relaunch. While the “back to basics” thing has been done to death in comics, for some reason, it looks fresh and original here, even if it took a bit of getting used to the new, stripped down Tony. The new armor gets two thumbs up from me as it combined old school cool with modern day touches, and yeah, it would’ve been a coup if Tony relocated to Motown because of the connection to where innovation and the automobile were born, something I think would’ve been intriguing to him. Still, I’m eager to read more.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Same. What area?

Tony copying from Steve's playbook.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-captain...ack-to-basics/