Page 90 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1655

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Looks excellent. Despite not really feeling Kieron's run on IM I trust he'd do right by Tony.
    I hope that he does do good by Tony. I also didn’t care for his run on Iron Man.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-07-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Tony was in Thor #7 and Thor #8 and here is what happened in #8
    spoilers:
    Last issue Thor wrote Tony's personal phone number on his hammer to pay Tony back for writing on it in issue #1. So in this issue Thor's hammer fell and landed in Oklahoma. So some guy just walks up and picks up Thor's hammer! He gets Thor's powers and Tony is miffed as he couldn't pick it up before, but for some reason anyone can pick it up now. Thor comes down to get the hammer from the guy who picked it up, but Tony wants Thor to tell him what's been going on with him and what's up with the hammer. So Tony starts tossing out questions at Thor and Thor is just listening and finally Thor say's 'I don't answer to you Tony." Thor turns back to the guy with the hammer and just as he's about to take it from the guy. Tony flies by and takes it out of both of their hands. So then Tony has the hammer in his hands, walks up to Thor and SMASHES THOR IN THE FACE WITH HIS OWN HAMMER! Thor looks at Tony and simply say's something along the lines of they are even now. Tony's got BALLS! This isn't just Thor. This is ALL FATHER THOR!
    end of spoilers Both issues were good appearances for Tony if you want to check them out. These appearances happened around Empyre and such as he had on Slott and Schitti's armor.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-09-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I hope that he does do good by Tony. I also didn’t care for his run on Iron Man.
    That black and gold suit though!!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That black and gold suit though!!
    Oh you’ll get no arguments from me on that one. Easily one of my all time favorite armors. It was an updated version of the modular armor.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-09-2020 at 07:36 PM.

40B33EAB-ECE5-4720-837B-E462BB278E81.jpg I really dig this pic. Great art.

24E5AB51-4697-4FFD-85F1-50A29AC3F402.jpg More cool art. It’s an armor from the game.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I don’t think they have hang around since he sent her to Alaska. It maybe an odd choice, but I think it’s a good one. I like how they play off of each other and it’s just one issue in. So Tony ends up with a great partner and Patsy fans have a place were they can see her written and drawn well.

And Tony is paired up with yet another redhead...Much like MJ i doubt it will turn into anything romantic but i do think it's kinda funny that he's found himself more and more in the company of redheads when for the longest time it was just Pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    And Tony is paired up with yet another redhead...Much like MJ i doubt it will turn into anything romantic but i do think it's kinda funny that he's found himself more and more in the company of redheads when for the longest time it was just Pepper.
    I don't find it funny. It's become one of my pet-peeves. First off, the idea that Stark fetishizes red-hair isn't born out by an actual list of his love-interests, as women with other hair colors outnumber redheads considerably. Indeed, he almost married a brunette Asian woman.

More importantly, it's insulting to the few redheaded love interests he did have. The implication is that he didn't love them for their intelligence or honor or anything deep; he just fetishes red hair. It degrades Stark and those women at the same time.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 10-12-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't find it funny. It's become one of my pet-peeves. First off, the idea that Stark fetishizes red-hair isn't born out by an actual list of his love-interests, as women with other hair colors outnumber redheads considerably. Indeed, he almost married a brunette Asian woman.

More importantly, it's insulting the the few redheaded love interests he did have. The implication is that he didn't love them for their intelligence or honor or anything deep; he just fetishes red hair. It degrades Stark and those women at the same time.
    I don't think anyone is truly trying to suggest that though. I know fans (and some characters in-story) have jokingly commented on Tony having a thing for redheads...but I don't think any of the writers have actually tried to portray it as a true bias on his part. I think its just been people joking about it since he's happened to have a lot of redheads in his life in recent years, with the MCU bringing Pepper back into prominence, both Fraction and Slott bringing Beth back into the cast, and in between them Bendis using MJ.

As you say, Tony's dating history shows he is not limited to redheads. His most recent girlfriend (Jan) is brunette. Sunset Bain, Madame Masque, Rumiko Fujikawa, She-Hulk, Brie Daniels, Janice Cord, etc. I don't think anyone truly is trying to suggest Tony is obsessed with redheads. Its just a coincidence that has cropped up in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I don't think anyone is truly trying to suggest that though. I know fans (and some characters in-story) have jokingly commented on Tony having a thing for redheads...but I don't think any of the writers have actually tried to portray it as a true bias on his part. I think its just been people joking about it since he's happened to have a lot of redheads in his life in recent years, with the MCU bringing Pepper back into prominence, both Fraction and Slott bringing Beth back into the cast, and in between them Bendis using MJ.

As you say, Tony's dating history shows he is not limited to redheads. His most recent girlfriend (Jan) is brunette. Sunset Bain, Madame Masque, Rumiko Fujikawa, She-Hulk, Brie Daniels, Janice Cord, etc. I don't think anyone truly is trying to suggest Tony is obsessed with redheads. Its just a coincidence that has cropped up in recent years.
    Yeah, Janet his most recent isn't a redhead. I'm trying to think of his last LI before Janet.

Incredible Member

Yeah i just got a chuckle out of him being around more redheads recently for whatever reason it happens to be but in any event i'm glad Patsy is going to get some of the spotlight here as i feel she's a pretty good character who doesn't normally show up in Marve's books all that often.

An Avenger uses Thor' hammer against him.
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-thor-ir...ields-mjolnir/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, Janet his most recent isn't a redhead. I'm trying to think of his last LI before Janet.
    Dr. Amara Perera...who was also definitely not a redhead.

Dr. Amara Perera...who was also definitely not a redhead.
    Yep and now she’s pregnant for Doctor Doom. What a world.