Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1655

Thanks Tony Stark

IRON MAN #5

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W), CAFU (A/C)

Cover by ALEX ROSS

VARIANT COVER by ACO

VARIANT COVER by FRANK CHO

MARVEL VS. ALIEN VARIANT COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON

THE FIRST ACT OF “THE BOOKS OF KORVAC” REACHES ITS STUNNING CONCLUSION! It's put up or shut up time with KORVAC as the android mastermind begins the next phase of his ascent toward absolute power, and IRON MAN begrudgingly decides to finally ask for help. But...from who? As he takes charge of new allies and tries to use HELLCAT's weakened state to his advantage, Tony Stark might instead risk everyone's life including his own, especially when he confronts Korvac himself, one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Did not like this issue, nor the sad irony.

They turned Cardiac into a cliche villain, complete with death trap, so that Hellcat could lecture Tony about white privilege?

Yeah, that's a good reason to throw a well developed black character under the bus.
    Just read the book, it's good. Good art good writing except for that one part that we all can agree was terrible. I'm shocked that Cardiac hasn't been turned into a full-time hero yet. All it takes is a few tweaks. I also find it hilarious that Tony is being called on his white privilege by.....Hellcat.

The fact that someone like Pasty Walker can be a superhero is a greater example of white privilege than Iron Man. If Stark is in the club, Walker is the President. The whole thing reminded me of a Bill Burr monologue https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O1xgXJ5_Q34
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Iron Man vs cyber god...

Sigh....it was all going so well, love the armor and the battles and such....and then Patsy has to pull the "white privilege" crap on Tony as he's in the hospital. Really? I can't even read a damn comic about my favorite hero without SJW politics showing up in it? I had a feeling this was gonna happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman3000 View Post
    Sigh....it was all going so well, love the armor and the battles and such....and then Patsy has to pull the "white privilege" crap on Tony as he's in the hospital. Really? I can't even read a damn comic about my favorite hero without SJW politics showing up in it? I had a feeling this was gonna happen..

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks Tony Stark
    That cover is glorious! Alex Ross is killing it so far on this book.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

IRON MAN #5

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W), CAFU (A/C)

Cover by ALEX ROSS

VARIANT COVER by ACO

VARIANT COVER by FRANK CHO

MARVEL VS. ALIEN VARIANT COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON

THE FIRST ACT OF “THE BOOKS OF KORVAC” REACHES ITS STUNNING CONCLUSION! It's put up or shut up time with KORVAC as the android mastermind begins the next phase of his ascent toward absolute power, and IRON MAN begrudgingly decides to finally ask for help. But...from who? As he takes charge of new allies and tries to use HELLCAT's weakened state to his advantage, Tony Stark might instead risk everyone's life including his own, especially when he confronts Korvac himself, one on one.
    To me every solict for this book has been doing it's job because after I read them. I can't wait for that issue to come out.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-22-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Thanks Tony Stark
    Beautiful pic! Just love it!

Mighty Member

I feel like I’ll buy Iron Man purely for that Alex Ross cover art.
    I’ve only read the first issue (the 2nd issue is on its way) and I felt it was largely okay.

I don’t know much about Cardiac, so I guess this would be a bit of a blank slate for me on his character.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I feel like I’ll buy Iron Man purely for that Alex Ross cover art.
    I’ve only read the first issue (the 2nd issue is on its way) and I felt it was largely okay.

I don’t know much about Cardiac, so I guess this would be a bit of a blank slate for me on his character.
    He's kind of a quasi anti-hero/villain that debuted in Spider-man. I haven't read too much of him lately so I don't know what his character is like now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He's kind of a quasi anti-hero/villain that debuted in Spider-man. I haven't read too much of him lately so I don't know what his character is like now.
    Prior to this appearance, he was all but a legit superhero (I guess attempted murder charges fade with time?)

He was legit. He was in Valkyrie #6 and #7, when Jane assembled a team of medical superheroes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Just read the book, it's good. Good art good writing except for that one part that we all can agree was terrible. I'm shocked that Cardiac hasn't been turned into a full-time hero yet. All it takes is a few tweaks. I also find it hilarious that Tony is being called on his white privilege by.....Hellcat.

The fact that someone like Pasty Walker can be a superhero is a greater example of white privilege than Iron Man. If Stark is in the club, Walker is the President. The whole thing reminded me of a Bill Burr monologue https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O1xgXJ5_Q34
    Seriously.

And it's so damn out of place. She lectures him after he's painfully shattered his arm to save some randos from a supervillain, and discussing how his many injuries over the years means he can't actually get health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seriously.

And it's so damn out of place. She lectures him after he's painfully shattered his arm to save some randos from a supervillain, and discussing how his many injuries over the years means he can't actually get health insurance.
    It would have been hilarious if Tony said "You're kidding right? At least I built my suit, that costume isn't even yours! It belonged to Tigra! I can see why you like it so much it's the only thing in your life that you didn't get through your association with a white dude, you off brand Betty Cooper from a wannabe Archie comic!"
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-23-2020 at 12:09 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest