Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1655

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    In-universe the characterization is dubious, but as a meta-commentary it works. Cantwell seems to be fudging characterization a bit to make a meta point about comics readers and writers general response to Stark. Periodically writers just want to use Stark as a villain because they like other characters better and don't like the idea of a rich former weapons inventor being redeemed. Which has created a general antipathy to Stark among readers, who think of him more as that guy who fought their favorite rather than a hero in his own right. So Stark is depressed in a way that is quasi-fourth-wall-breaking. Just with the in-universe public against him as a way to make it only quasi-fourth-wall breaking rather than outright fourth wall breaking.
    How’s he using Stark as a villain or using him to prop up another character?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-27-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Reread my post. I didn't say what you appear to think I said.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Reread my post. I didn't say what you appear to think I said.
    My bad. I should have read it instead of just browsing a few lines.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I hope he does what Matt asked him to in Daredevil. I can see we’re Cantwell is going with this and I like it, but completely understand if you don’t.
    I like what Cantwell is doing, I just don't think that Tony has some kind of martyr complex. I don't think anything major will come out of it either.

I like the variety of villains that he's bringing into the book too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I like what Cantwell is doing, I just don't think that Tony has some kind of martyr complex. I don't think anything major will come out of it either.

I like the variety of villains that he's bringing into the book too.
    I’m glad you’re enjoying the book so far. 2 issues in and I’m loving it.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m super excited to see what Cantwell’s planning for updating Tony’s older foes, as well as where he’s going with this Korvac story. Chapter one of the Books of Korvac sounds like it could be one of those big stories that’ll alter the firmament. Hopefully it’s not stretched into a crossover. I’ve had my fill of watered down events.

Gwyneth Paltrow in practically yoga pants .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m super excited to see what Cantwell’s planning for updating Tony’s older foes, as well as where he’s going with this Korvac story. Chapter one of the Books of Korvac sounds like it could be one of those big stories that’ll alter the firmament. Hopefully it’s not stretched into a crossover. I’ve had my fill of watered down events.
    Yes please. No crossovers or offshoot minis. Just keep it contained in one book.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes please. No crossovers or offshoot minis. Just keep it contained in one book.
    Agreed. I really want to see where this story with Korvac goes and how big it can be, but keep it in the book. Don't turn it into a big event that falls outside that perimeter.

Iron Man Mark XXI Gold Armor from Hot Toys.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...idas-hot-toys/

Thanks for sharing jusn678. I was told about this and was extremely surprised. I’ve wanted to read more about it. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I’m intrigued to say the least.

Thanks Tony Stark Avengers 38 preview with Tony

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks Tony Stark Avengers 38 preview with Tony
    That's a lot of #@$%.