Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1364
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The main covers seem to have a very digital painterly style as a group, similar to Joshua Middleton, Dereck Chew, or Artgerm's styles.
    Yes, they do.

...I don't want to derail too much, since we've already talked about the problems with Batgirl #50 for a long time, but...

why is this issue getting a reprint? That's horrible! This combined with Castellucci getting "The Batfamily" short story in Death Metal seems to imply that DC thinks that Castellucci is the writer of the Batfamily in the future.

It is a nice cover, though.

I would panic too if I thought Castelluci would ever be allowed near a Batgirl title again, but apparently this has nothing to do with her.

I just read what Bleeding Cool had to say about it earlier today, quoting DC:

October's Batgirl #50 by Cecil Castellucci, Emanuela Lupacchino, Aneke, and Marguerite Sauvage wasn't just the final issue of the most recent series starring Barbara Gordon–it was also the comic book debut of Ryan Wilder, who will be seen on-screen on The CW starting early next year as the new Batwoman!

In response to demand for this key first appearance, DC returns to press for a Batgirl #50 second printing, in stores in December! The issue will feature a new cover by artist Riley Rossmo.

So is that more, or less, depressing?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Yes, they do.

I would panic too if I thought Castelluci would ever be allowed near a Batgirl title again, but apparently this has nothing to do with her.

October's Batgirl #50 by Cecil Castellucci, Emanuela Lupacchino, Aneke, and Marguerite Sauvage wasn't just the final issue of the most recent series starring Barbara Gordon–it was also the comic book debut of Ryan Wilder, who will be seen on-screen on The CW starting early next year as the new Batwoman!

In response to demand for this key first appearance, DC returns to press for a Batgirl #50 second printing, in stores in December! The issue will feature a new cover by artist Riley Rossmo.

hopefully CC won't take the Batfam books. She can write well but not with the Batfam
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Not wholly sure. Probably same level of depressing. At my store, the staff said that the demand was mostly for the cover by Middleton. We'll see if Rossmo has the same draw.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Not wholly sure. Probably same level of depressing. At my store, the staff said that the demand was mostly for the cover by Middleton. We'll see if Rossmo has the same draw.
    I dont really like Rossmo's cover, I wouldnt buy this comic at all
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I dont really like Rossmo's cover, I wouldnt buy this comic at all
    Well, yes. But did you like Middleton's cover? I did like that cover quite a bit.

After all, I bought the Blackest Night Dark Multiverse one-shot for just the variant cover!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

Well, yes. But did you like Middleton's cover? I did like that cover quite a bit.

After all, I bought the Blackest Night Dark Multiverse one-shot for just the variant cover!
    Me too. And like all others, it sits in a box. We might as well just save jpgs - we'd probably look at them more often!

Middleton's #50 cover was very good. (Which was actually the main cover.) The Dodson variant was Typical Dodson, which to me means boring. I think they used to be good?

Middleton's gotten hard to predict as he mixes up his styles. With Aquaman, and now with Wonder Woman, he sometimes goes for a hyper-real look, vs. the more cartoonish "flat" work he did on Burnside and way way back on Supergirl. So I'm getting SOME of his Wonder Woman covers, but in general I think David Marquez's recent ones are more interesting.

I generally have found Rossmo an aquired DIStaste. Used to find his style fascinating, until I found it horrible. He's been featured in just about every anthology lately - DC must think "And now here's something different for the sake of variety, ladies and gentlemen." And, it's awful. I could go into a dissertation here . And they gave him that whole Robin King book. Kind of ruined it for me.

But, I like what he did with this cover. I like the bat theme and the coloring, find Babs's hair funny (despite all that's happening to her hair, implausibly those 2 bat spikes still show through, either his joke or editorial edict), and at least most of her body looks human. It's too bad it's coming out 12/15, and not sooner, because it's actually perfect for Halloween or Thanksgiving - pumpkin colored, other fall colors. It's unusual like all his stuff, but has a lot going for it.

Incredible Member

Middleton's ever was pretty looking, I don't own the BNDM one shot variant, i want to though

Incredible Member

any Steph news?

Extraordinary Member

any Steph news?
    She’ll be in the Future Slate story.

any Steph news?
    Nothing since solicits last week, sadly. Hopefully Steph will show up in Batman sometime in November or December, but no guarantees. Future State is where we know we're getting some fun appearances. And middle of December will be when we get March's news.

Incredible Member

Nothing since solicits last week, sadly. Hopefully Steph will show up in Batman sometime in November or December, but no guarantees. Future State is where we know we're getting some fun appearances. And middle of December will be when we get March's news.
    drat, i just want Steph content

Incredible Member

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but in this week's DC Nation Presents DC Future State (a free comic that's also free from Comixology), there's a timeline which states that "Batgirls" and "Robin Eternal" (and actually most of the Bat-related books) take place in 2025.

Four years into the future is really soon - too soon, in my opinion. In a few cases, I think DC does intend for current continuity to truly lead into Future State storylines, and if that happens, nothing is more likely to connect from the present than stories set in 2025. Steph: eye? hair? Coming soon? Say it isn't so!

(The timeline seems off, though, if these stories are included with The Next Batman book, assuming all stories in The Next Batman take place in the same time frame. I didn't think a Next Batman would be written to take place in the very near future. And - Tim dead and resurrected by then?)

Also, and maybe this is well known, the Dan Mora designs are labelled "Orphan and Spoiler." In the solicitations for January and February, the name Spoiler is included with Robin Eternal, but otherwise civilian names are used for the two of them, and the name Orphan isn't mentioned. So, we'll see what they are called. I think they are going to be keeping their codenames - maybe Spoiler the Batgirl and Orphan the Batgirl. (Or, Stephanatgirl and Cassanatgirl.)

Though did anyone notice how Orphan was drawn in Batman 103? In the first appearance in Joker War Zone, as Batgirl she still had something resembling the Orphan shoulder and knee pads, though without yellow highlights. But in Batman 103, she doesn't have those at all, and has more of her Batgirl look. From the art alone, I'd say that of the two of them, if either will be called Batgirl, it may well be Cassandra.

Anyway, this was my effort to drum up some Steph content .

Astonishing Member

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but in this week's DC Nation Presents DC Future State (a free comic that's also free from Comixology), there's a timeline which states that "Batgirls" and "Robin Eternal" (and actually most of the Bat-related books) take place in 2025.

Four years into the future is really soon - too soon, in my opinion. In a few cases, I think DC does intend for current continuity to truly lead into Future State storylines, and if that happens, nothing is more likely to connect from the present than stories set in 2025. Steph: eye? hair? Coming soon? Say it isn't so!

(The timeline seems off, though, if these stories are included with The Next Batman book, assuming all stories in The Next Batman take place in the same time frame. I didn't think a Next Batman would be written to take place in the very near future. And - Tim dead and resurrected by then?)

Also, and maybe this is well known, the Dan Mora designs are labelled "Orphan and Spoiler." In the solicitations for January and February, the name Spoiler is included with Robin Eternal, but otherwise civilian names are used for the two of them, and the name Orphan isn't mentioned. So, we'll see what they are called. I think they are going to be keeping their codenames - maybe Spoiler the Batgirl and Orphan the Batgirl. (Or, Stephanatgirl and Cassanatgirl.)

Though did anyone notice how Orphan was drawn in Batman 103? In the first appearance in Joker War Zone, as Batgirl she still had something resembling the Orphan shoulder and knee pads, though without yellow highlights. But in Batman 103, she doesn't have those at all, and has more of her Batgirl look. From the art alone, I'd say that of the two of them, if either will be called Batgirl, it may well be Cassandra.

Anyway, this was my effort to drum up some Steph content .
    If someone will be the main Batgirl in the present stories is Barbara.

Stephanie and Cassandra will likely use Batgirl in a similar level (and both will mantain Spoiler and Orphan).

I wouldn't use an image Batman #103 as a proof of future plans.

PS: In Nightwing Future State solicitations, Stephanie and Cassandra are called Batgirls.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    If someone will be the main Batgirl in the present stories is Barbara.

Stephanie and Cassandra will likely use Batgirl in a similar level (and both will mantain Spoiler and Orphan).

I wouldn't use an image Batman #103 as a proof of future plans.

PS: In Nightwing Future State solicitations, Stephanie and Cassandra are called Batgirls.
    They are - I was wondering if either would actually be called "Batgirl." (Or some names other than Spoiler and Orphan.)

I agree Barbara will probably be called Batgirl in the present, unless she retires from the active role and acts solely as Oracle. In that case we'll have to see what happens.

Incredible Member

i wish Bette was being used. Anyway, excited to see Stephie don the bat once more!