Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just the movies - but those didn't use Tim, let alone Steph. I hear they're rebooting after the next one though?
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about them. Because they're so forgettable. But they shouldn't have been - they just chose to be as low-effort as possible with the art direction. I shudder to think what Steph might have looked like.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Amazing Member

It's better Tim and Steph aren't in those movies, they would be jobbers and they would only be there to make other characters look better like Nightwing's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    It's better Tim and Steph aren't in those movies, they would be jobbers and they would only be there to make other characters look better like Nightwing's case.
    There does seem to be a sad shallowness in the writing for most of them. Though Bryan Q. Miller wrote JL vs. TT, and I would trust him with Steph in a heartbeat.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

So shared animated universe will end. They will most likely do another shared universe. With different artwork most likely. But I guess there would be too many movies to change robins?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So shared animated universe will end. They will most likely do another shared universe. With different artwork most likely. But I guess there would be too many movies to change robins?
    I would really, really prefer they pour their budget into tv shows rather than movies. The animation quality isn't really good enough, I think, to justify the production schedule and release.

And also, Steph isn't in them.

It would be cool if they could turn Young Justice into a franchise, with spinoff TV series or movies dealing with other parts of the YJ universe. Maybe a Gotham Knights series…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    It would be cool if they could turn Young Justice into a franchise, with spinoff TV series or movies dealing with other parts of the YJ universe. Maybe a Gotham Knights series…
    How about a spinoff called...SPOILER ALERT? That's just Steph commentating on her missions in hilarious fashion, with guest stars Tim and Cass?

You know how some anime shows have a segment right after the end credits where chibi versions of the characters put on a comedy skit based on the events of the episode that just ended? Heck, one recent and ongoing anime (Ascendance of a Bookworm) has such a segment where the chibi characters don't just comment on what just happened; they drop hints about what's coming next.

I could see each episode of Gotham Knights ending with a Spoiler Alert.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    You know how some anime shows have a segment right after the end credits where chibi versions of the characters put on a comedy skit based on the events of the episode that just ended? Heck, one recent and ongoing anime (Ascendance of a Bookworm) has such a segment where the chibi characters don't just comment on what just happened; they drop hints about what's coming next.

I could see each episode of Gotham Knights ending with a Spoiler Alert.
    Why do I not have this in my life?

I could probably write the fanfic. Just take comics with Steph in them and do a page-long script of the Spoiler Alert.

But I'm not a very good writer.

Extraordinary Member

SPOILER ALERT:

Last time, Batman and Robin cornered Killer Croc in the sewers, but found out that he's not alone! Unfortunately, Batman forgot to bring his bat-croc repellent. How will our heroes get out of this one, and is there any chance of yours truly making an appearance? Stay tuned to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    SPOILER ALERT:

Last time, Batman and Robin cornered Killer Croc in the sewers, but found out that he's not alone! Unfortunately, Batman forgot to bring his bat-croc repellent. How will our heroes get out of this one, and is there any chance of yours truly making an appearance? Stay tuned to find out!
    Didio's Editorial Note: NOPE

WB/AT&T: You're fired!

Steph: so...there's hope?

Speaking of fanfics, I did come across one where the Bat Family is basically adapted into Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with Steph as the Slayer. Its interesting, but some parts just kind of come out of nowhere. But some interesting parts to it nonetheless. Though, not really on board with a number of the ships presented in them (though they would make certain shippers way too happy).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Speaking of fanfics, I did come across one where the Bat Family is basically adapted into Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with Steph as the Slayer. Its interesting, but some parts just kind of come out of nowhere. But some interesting parts to it nonetheless. Though, not really on board with a number of the ships presented in them (though they would make certain shippers way too happy).
    Haha, the writer of that fic is one of my faves, though I'm not personally really that interested in that particular mashup, so haven't been reading it. She's also on the Steph discord (link in signature). My favorite one of her fics is the AU where Steph becomes the Red Hood: https://archiveofourown.org/series/322115

Welcome to the Batgirl: Stephanie Brown reread, Week 2! (Schedule and Week 1 start here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4916669) Today, we're on the second issue, Batgirl #2, "Batgirl Rising: Point of New Origin, part 2", written as ever by Bryan Q. Miller (who recently tweeted about missing our girl https://twitter.com/bryanQmiller/sta...04992921739264), drawn by Lee Garbett, inked by Trevor Scott with assists from the wonderful Sandra Hope (her youtube inking videos are great!), colored as always by the wonderful Guy Major.

As we are reading these an issue a week, rather than marathoning the whole piece (as this lovely writeup for DCUniverse says we should! https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/bing...t-family-hope/), I'm thinking about the way each issue functions, in terms of having a beginning, middle, and end. This issue is definitely the middle issue of a three-part arc, and you can see the continuation from the previous issue with the marvellous Steph/Barbara breakfast fight, and the setup to the reveal of Scarecrow at the end, as well as developing Steph and Barbara's character arcs delicately and plausibly. The issue is also rich with continuity references that reward longer term readers, but I don't think present major hurdles to new readers - the reference to Barbara scaring Misfit away from being Batgirl in Birds of Prey by showing Charlie the autopsy photographs Leslie faked, Barbara using the Network (an underutilized concept, though once she restarted the Birds, the writers and editors were likely juggling too much for her), and Alfred leading the Outsiders in Space! It really gives you the sense of a Batman universe that's got lots of problems, but is also rich with adventure and heroism.

The biggest standout moments, for me, are first Steph standing alone at the Harvest Festival (and you can hear that TV trained writing in "What does Gotham Harvest, anyway?" - brilliant!) thinking to herself: "Fight of flight. I choose fight" and pulling out Cass's Batgirl costume. It's the moment she chooses to continue, rather than just delaying quitting. Garbett and the rest of the art team just do such a great job with Steph's expression and body language. You can see the hero, right there. The second is when Babs realizes she's being unfair - and Steph tries to reach out to her as she realizes that Babs is hurting too (this theme of Babs and Steph's conflict over Batgirl is reflected in Phil Noto's great cover where Steph is putting on Babs's costume). Such beautiful moments of character growth in relationship to each other.

What are your favorite moments? How does the issue work on its own? I feel so impatient for next week - I can't imagine what it would have been like on a monthly schedule (I didn't start reading seriously until quite a bit later in the series, sadly. I just glanced at the issues in the store.)

Incredible Member

Wow a week already .

I was going to offer a few more reactions to #1 and about the series in general, but will add them to my comments on #2 when I get to it soon.