Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I'll agree that my post came across more harshly than I intended. But even there, the bulk of my post wasn't about Stephanie not being worthy; it was about how everyone should get a cover — definitely including Stephanie.

Frankly, even with the “decades” framework, it could almost have worked: four covers for Dick (40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s), one for Jason (80s), one for Tim (90s), one for Stephanie (00s), and one for Damian (10s). But again, The “decades” structure forces too many conflicts that don't need to be there. And that's why I'd prefer that they just ditch that framework and give everyone their fifteen minutes of fame. Even the We Are Robin kids.

For Stephanie's story, I'd definitely like a “lost episode” from her time as Robin — though a story where Stephanie is reviewing the “missing time” and realizes that her connection to Robin is deeper than she previously thought would be interesting.

For instance: retcon her into the Robin War, revealing that she had temporarily put on the red and green and briefly joined the We Are Robin kids to help them out (retroactively putting her into the Robin identity even in the New 52 continuity); and maybe even show an alternate reality where Bruce had trained her instead of Tim as Robin (i.e., the “World Without Young Justice” setting shown in Robin #101).
    I appreciate the clarification, and I apologize for the harshness of my reaction. I think your idea for each Robin or group of Robins (I liked almost all of the We Are Robin kids, especially Riko, Troy, Dax, Dre, and Shug) would have been better - but I know that there is a solid argument to be made for Dick getting so many covers.

I like this idea about Steph joining Robin War. That story wasn't great, but it had potential, and I've always been kinda sad that even though Steph mentored some of the We Are Robins (Riko, Dax, and Dre in Detective Comics: Endgame), she never joined the group.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

As the Joker says. We should SMILE more.. So. I decided add some Steph images because we are not as lucky as other fanbases with her.

hello_stephanie brown spoiler cassandra cain bat.jpg

steph tim cosplays.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    As the Joker says. We should SMILE more.. So. I decided add some Steph images because we are not as lucky as other fanbases with her.

steph tim cosplays.jpg
    Aww, those are some great ones! I should post some fan art more - I find new pieces on tumblr nearly every day.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I found them in deviantart. I am part of one Steph Group here.

Normal Steph:

DC stephanie brown.jpg

Normal Steph:

DC stephanie brown.jpg
    Oooh, I love these kinds of cool street clothes pics. Where'd you find that one?

steph tim cosplays.jpg
    Love it. Want more of it.

(Cass throwing Batarangs is kind of funny).

Normal Steph:

DC stephanie brown.jpg
    That definitely fits Steph's style.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Love it. Want more of it.

(Cass throwing Batarangs is kind of funny).

That definitely fits Steph's style.
    Why wouldn't Cass throw Batarangs, though? Steph got really good at it by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Why wouldn't Cass throw Batarangs, though? Steph got really good at it by the end.
    From what I'm remembering of Cass as Batgirl, she really didn't use gadgets that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From what I'm remembering of Cass as Batgirl, she really didn't use gadgets that much.
    She certainly didn't use them as much as Babs or Steph, but I think she used them sometimes.

Incredible Member

Batman's costume in the second story of last week's Detective Annual #3 has some ribbing that reminds me of aspects of Steph's various ribbed costumes. (Not in color, but in texture.) Has Batman ever been depicted wearing anything like that before? It would be an extreme stretch to call this a tribute to Steph though!

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Batman's costume in the second story of last week's Detective Annual #3 has some ribbing that reminds me of aspects of Steph's various ribbed costumes. (Not in color, but in texture.) Has Batman ever been depicted wearing anything like that before? It would be an extreme stretch to call this a tribute to Steph though!
    Oh, wow, I didn't even realize that!

I super doubt it, though you never know. Lee Garbett is a pretty well known industry name these days, so maybe his design has more influence than we think!

This piece on tumblr really caught my fancy, as a huge Steph and Tangled fan:

https://stupidaustralianpanda.tumblr...ncess-hair-sue

I love how determined Steph seems here, and I'm also really happy to see a lot of standard Spoiler Steph in the tumblr tag these days. Not that I don't love Robin Steph and Batgirl Steph intensely, but Spoiler Steph is the one we normally get in the comics now, and if we want to see more of her, we need to love ALL of Steph, I think, and let DC and the creators know we love her when they use her.

I am LOVING that Stephanie Brown/Robin cover, knowing my luck that will be the only variant I won't be able to get my greedy paws on XP

I might have to bring my Little Bear with me so that she can perform a patented 'Ripley Rush' to the stands and secure mommy a copy.

*nod*

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaWoods007 View Post
    I am LOVING that Stephanie Brown/Robin cover, knowing my luck that will be the only variant I won't be able to get my greedy paws on XP

I might have to bring my Little Bear with me so that she can perform a patented 'Ripley Rush' to the stands and secure mommy a copy.

*nod*
    Hope you can get it! I've already pre-ordered at my local shop, and am very excited.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaWoods007 View Post

*nod*
    Better pre-order it! I can't count on getting any copy of anything, even a main cover, and even if I come in on Wednesday, but especially if it's a variant. Retailers these days increasingly try to sell out and avoid back inventory, which they have trouble selling. Not too many people show up asking for issues from a few weeks earlier.

The retailers may not order many, if any, Robin variants. They might have been burned getting stuck with extra copies of Detective #1000 and Action #1000, and cut back on the variants of Wonder Woman #750. Now we have Robin, then will have Joker and Catwoman spectaculars with "decades" variant covers, and DC seems to be pushing something that is going to exhaust the buying public's resources.

Most shops don't require payment in advance, and offer discounts, for pre-ordering. But it's not cool to pre-order something and then not show up to buy it!

It will be interesting to see how many Steph variants sell, but we'll never know - sales stats don't break out the variants unless they cost a different price than the main cover. And even then, don't distinguish between them. On the one hand, it's a striking cover. On the other hand, Robin fans may understandably gravitate to one of the more traditional Robins! And most casual fans don't pay close attention to solicitations and may be unaware of all of the different variants.