Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
I'll agree that my post came across more harshly than I intended. But even there, the bulk of my post wasn't about Stephanie not being worthy; it was about how everyone should get a cover — definitely including Stephanie.

Frankly, even with the “decades” framework, it could almost have worked: four covers for Dick (40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s), one for Jason (80s), one for Tim (90s), one for Stephanie (00s), and one for Damian (10s). But again, The “decades” structure forces too many conflicts that don't need to be there. And that's why I'd prefer that they just ditch that framework and give everyone their fifteen minutes of fame. Even the We Are Robin kids.

For Stephanie's story, I'd definitely like a “lost episode” from her time as Robin — though a story where Stephanie is reviewing the “missing time” and realizes that her connection to Robin is deeper than she previously thought would be interesting.

For instance: retcon her into the Robin War, revealing that she had temporarily put on the red and green and briefly joined the We Are Robin kids to help them out (retroactively putting her into the Robin identity even in the New 52 continuity); and maybe even show an alternate reality where Bruce had trained her instead of Tim as Robin (i.e., the “World Without Young Justice” setting shown in Robin #101).
I appreciate the clarification, and I apologize for the harshness of my reaction. I think your idea for each Robin or group of Robins (I liked almost all of the We Are Robin kids, especially Riko, Troy, Dax, Dre, and Shug) would have been better - but I know that there is a solid argument to be made for Dick getting so many covers.

I like this idea about Steph joining Robin War. That story wasn't great, but it had potential, and I've always been kinda sad that even though Steph mentored some of the We Are Robins (Riko, Dax, and Dre in Detective Comics: Endgame), she never joined the group.