Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1364

Batgirl: Gotham's Most Underrated Hero Deserves Another Chance in the Spotlight
    Many characters have taken on the role of Batgirl over the decades, but Stephanie Brown's run is often overlooked and she deserves another shot.
    https://www.cbr.com/batgirl-stephanie-brown-spoiler/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Batgirl: Gotham's Most Underrated Hero Deserves Another Chance in the Spotlight
    Many characters have taken on the role of Batgirl over the decades, but Stephanie Brown's run is often overlooked and she deserves another shot.
    https://www.cbr.com/batgirl-stephanie-brown-spoiler/
    A great article! I wonder if the author has been reading our thread?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

it was a good article. I only winced twice
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Good news.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/elev...batman-comics/
    spoilers:
    7. Barbara Gordon is still Oracle, going into 2021. She can see Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as Batgirls – with Stephanie as Batman's eyes and ears on the street. But Oracle can't see Ghost-Maker.
    end of spoilers

Seems that Steph will be seeing some use in one of the main bat books next year.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Good news.
    spoilers:
    7. Barbara Gordon is still Oracle, going into 2021. She can see Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as Batgirls – with Stephanie as Batman's eyes and ears on the street. But Oracle can't see Ghost-Maker.
    end of spoilers

Seems that Steph will be seeing some use in one of the main bat books next year.
    For me that's bad news. spoilers:
    I much prefer Steph as Spoiler, and I definitely want her as an independent hero, not "Batman's eyes and ears." I really, really want the adult Batfam members to spend less time with Batman. They always end up subordinate and working for him.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-25-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Would you prefer comic book limbo?

Astonishing Member

Good news.
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I hope if Stephanie is one of the Batgirls, she will get a Bat cowl in the future.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-25-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Incredible Member

considering my favorite character is in limbo, no I want Steph to stay in use
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I hope if Stephanie is one of the Batgirls, she will get Bat cowl in the future.
    me too! I love her cowl

Unless they're going to explicitly make her Batgirl, I don't need to see the cowl.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Good news.
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I am excited! That's really why I liked Batman #100 so much - because it seemed like Tynion had plans to actually integrate the Batfam into the main book, since they don't really have a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    For me that's bad news. spoilers:
    I much prefer Steph as Spoiler, and I definitely want her as an independent hero, not "Batman's eyes and ears." I really, really want the adult Batfam members to spend less time with Batman. They always end up subordinate and working for him.
    end of spoilers
    I personally feel Steph's had a lot of time in the past 6 years since she got back as an independent hero. She only got a few issues as part of the team when it was functioning, so I'd like to see her more integrated again.

And...honestly, all of the Batfamily are to some extent sidekicks. Batman is the big name that sells, and if being a sidekick to Batman gives us more Steph exposure, I'm all for it. And Steph being in the main Batman book means that more and more readers who don't know about her will get a chance! And maybe say, "Hey, who's that cool purple urbex girl? I want to know more!" and I can point them to the wiki, or to Batman Eternal/Catwoman/Tec Rebirth!

Absolutely not. Limbo and death are the worst things that happen to comic book characters. I don't want Steph to turn evil, but if she did, there would actually be people finding out about her. If she's dead, there's no new content leading people to her history and falling in love with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    considering my favorite character is in limbo, no I want Steph to stay in use
    100%! Wisdom!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am excited! That's really why I liked Batman #100 so much - because it seemed like Tynion had plans to actually integrate the Batfam into the main book, since they don't really have a home.

I personally feel Steph's had a lot of time in the past 6 years since she got back as an independent hero. She only got a few issues as part of the team when it was functioning, so I'd like to see her more integrated again.

And...honestly, all of the Batfamily are to some extent sidekicks. Batman is the big name that sells, and if being a sidekick to Batman gives us more Steph exposure, I'm all for it. And Steph being in the main Batman book means that more and more readers who don't know about her will get a chance! And maybe say, "Hey, who's that cool purple urbex girl? I want to know more!" and I can point them to the wiki, or to Batman Eternal/Catwoman/Tec Rebirth!

Absolutely not. Limbo and death are the worst things that happen to comic book characters. I don't want Steph to turn evil, but if she did, there would actually be people finding out about her. If she's dead, there's no new content leading people to her history and falling in love with her.

100%! Wisdom!
    Miller makes wonderful points per usual

Incredible Member

"She can see" is a strange way of putting it. On her monitors? I guess that's what it means. It could also mean "Sure, I could see that" as in "that makes sense to me, I could see either or both of these people in the role."

I don't personally see the need for a cowl, the symbol is sufficient. But I do like to see some of their faces, whether mouth or eyebrows, as you get some facial expression either way.

Black Bat was different, but most of her career Cass has had a full face mask. So I hope she returns to her Black Bat look. The full face covering was okay for Cass's time as Batgirl, simply because it was her book so everyone knew who she was. Characters who make guest appearances - well, we should see who they are, I think. Otherwise they are just kind of faceless people and as such, being minor characters, may not expand their fanbase that much.

Orphan was fully masked in Batman and the Outsiders, but was part of a small team. Didn't get as much to do as we might have liked, but a decent amount. She had some fine moments. And, was featured plenty of the time with the mask fully off.

Clearly we NEED a poll:

Full Spoiler mask
    Half Spoiler mask
    Bat cowl

Ha, we really don't "need" one, there are only going to be like 3 or 4 votes. (It might be interesting though to see how many votes. Is a poll something that is best as a brand-new thread, or part of this thread?)

Anyway, that's my mask post of the day! Gotta get my weekly quota in .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    "She can see" is a strange way of putting it. On her monitors? I guess that's what it means. It could also mean "Sure, I could see that" as in "that makes sense to me, I could see either or both of these people in the role."

I don't personally see the need for a cowl, the symbol is sufficient. But I do like to see some of their faces, whether mouth or eyebrows, as you get some facial expression either way.

Black Bat was different, but most of her career Cass has had a full face mask. So I hope she returns to her Black Bat look. The full face covering was okay for Cass's time as Batgirl, simply because it was her book so everyone knew who she was. Characters who make guest appearances - well, we should see who they are, I think. Otherwise they are just kind of faceless people and as such, being minor characters, may not expand their fanbase that much.

Orphan was fully masked in Batman and the Outsiders, but was part of a small team. Didn't get as much to do as we might have liked, but a decent amount. She had some fine moments. And, was featured plenty of the time with the mask fully off.

Clearly we NEED a poll:

Full Spoiler mask
    Half Spoiler mask
    Bat cowl

Ha, we really don't "need" one, there are only going to be like 3 or 4 votes. (It might be interesting though to see how many votes. Is a poll something that is best as a brand-new thread, or part of this thread?)

Anyway, that's my mask post of the day! Gotta get my weekly quota in .
    Throw in the Robin domino mask as well

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Throw in the Robin domino mask as well
    Yes, that should definitely be in any poll.

I think Cass wore that as Black Bat.

Full Spoiler mask
    Half Spoiler mask
    Bat cowl
    Domino mask
    Mr. Freeze helmet
    Bunny "Barbara Gordon" ears

Just kidding about the last two.

But what Sean Murphy-designed headgear has Barbara been wearing? Ignoring that it's ridiculous, it's a one-piece item that's a combination of a domino mask and bunny ears that stick up or something.