Page 69 of 91 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1364

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I'm not sure which is New52 Teen Titans, if any, but Lobdell did include at least 4 different Teen Titans rosters in Generation Zero.

And I will now display my ignorance as I try to list each of the teams Lobdell included:

Dick, Donna and Garth

Some Robin, Wally, Arsenal (? a red-dressed archer with a yellow hat), Donna, and I guess Garth
    That's Dick, and Roy was still Speedy. And yes, Garth as Aqualad.
    Tim (I think), Cassie in a pink dress with gold gauntlets, Ravager, ... some Flash, someone that looks like Shadow Lass (but surely isn't), Superboy - this must be the New 52 version. Weird looking bunch. I see Lobdell wrote that title, makes sense he would write callbacks to it now.
    Tim, Cassie, BUNKER, Kid Flash (Bar-Torr), SOLSTICE, Superboy.
    Some Robin, Cyborg, Donna, Starfire, Raven, and I guess Gar - is this the New Teen Titans?
    It is, so Robin is Dick there too.
    The current roster is so strange - Donna was promoted to (the cancelled) Titans, Starfire promoted to (the now-cancelled) Justice League Odyssey team, Tim, Cassie and Conner demoted to (the now-cancelled) Young Justice, and a bunch of mostly unknowns in what's left of (the now-cancelled) Teen Titans. These team books have not fared well!
    It seems Teen Titans isn't cancelled, it's just relaunching. The remaining four team members are joined by Donna and Garfield in an Endless Winter tie-in.

Aren't Teen Titans older than Young Justice? Then how is Damian in Teen Titans, while Tim is in Young Justice?
    Titans is older than YJ. Teen Titans isn't - that name is passed down the generations.

Are you sure the New 52 Teen Titans isn't part of the current timeline, given Rebirth flows from New 52 in a nearly unbroken way? Wasn't the only big change Superman Reborn? This is still the timeline where Barbara got her chip.
    Batgirl is totally irrelevant to Teen Titans. They were actually considering the implant story, even without the reboot - the editors considered making Babs Batgirl again before deciding to give the cowl to Steph instead. Konja already explained why New 52 TT is no longer canon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Sadly, Bette doesn't have enough leadership cred to credibly mentor anyone; the closest she came was in the late 90s when she and Garfield Logan attempted to start a new Titans East team. Sadly, it didn't last.

Frankly though: if Stephanie and Cassandra regain their pre-Flashpoint memories, they'll be past the point of needing mentors. Babs would still get the leadership role on Team Batgirl because of her organizational skills; but other than that, I'd see them as a team of equals.

In effect, a new Birds of Prey, only Batgirl themed.
    It was a new Titans West not Titans East. Titans East is Deathstroke's hit squad. Titans West had Bette as Bat-Girl as an original member alongside Don Hall's Dove and Hank's Hawk, Lilith Clay, Charley Parker (poor guy has disappeared) and Beast Boy.

I still want Bette to be on the team in a mentor role. Babs can lead but Bette is about her age, she should help mentor them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Batgirl is totally irrelevant to Teen Titans. They were actually considering the implant story, even without the reboot - the editors considered making Babs Batgirl again before deciding to give the cowl to Steph instead. Konja already explained why New 52 TT is no longer canon.
    The only Batgirl to be a Teen Titan is Bette Kane.

I said late 90s, did I not? When DC relaunched the Titans during the era of Morrison's JLA and David's Young Justice, Bette and Garfield got together and attempted to launch a new Titans East team. It didn't last long.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I said late 90s, did I not? When DC relaunched the Titans during the era of Morrison's JLA and David's Young Justice, Bette and Garfield got together and attempted to launch a new Titans East team. It didn't last long.
    It was the Titans West relaunched not the Titans East. I am agreeing that it was the Beast Boy miniseries that set it up. That mini came out in 2000 I think

Incredible Member

That's Dick, and Roy was still Speedy. And yes, Garth as Aqualad.
    Tim, Cassie, BUNKER, Kid Flash (Bar-Torr), SOLSTICE, Superboy.
    It is, so Robin is Dick there too.
    It seems Teen Titans isn't cancelled, it's just relaunching. The remaining four team members are joined by Donna and Garfield in an Endless Winter tie-in.

Titans is older than YJ. Teen Titans isn't - that name is passed down the generations.

Thank you! I love how much knowledge so many of you have in this community.

Incredible Member

The Symbol is out. It's too early to post anything.

But I'll just say, whatever mask you like, it's in there.

Incredible Member

That's great! I can't wait to read War Zone

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I am very excited to hear what people think about it! I quite enjoyed it, though it's not my favorite Steph short story. It did have that classic Steph and Cass teaming up in Cass's Batgirl feeling!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am very excited to hear what people think about it! I quite enjoyed it, though it's not my favorite Steph short story. It did have that classic Steph and Cass teaming up in Cass's Batgirl feeling!
    that's always good

Apparently Steph and Cass got their new suits from Oracle's watchtower. Babs didn't show up, but I get the feeling she's the one who let them use the symbol.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Apparently Steph and Cass got their new suits from Oracle's watchtower. Babs didn't show up, but I get the feeling she's the one who let them use the symbol.
    Well, Stephanie says they don't have permission, so I don't think Barbara would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, Stephanie says they don't have permission, so I don't think Barbara would know.
    Well, I'd say that was a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    She said they don't have Batman's permission. Also, that was said before they reached the watchtower.

Astonishing Member

She said they don't have Batman's permission. Also, that was said before they reached the watchtower.
    No. She never mention Batman especifically.

Stephanie says "We didn't exactly get permission. Should we wait..."

Also, that was after the change of suit. You can notice the Bat ears in Cassandra's suit.

So, I don't think Barbara knows either.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-29-2020 at 09:21 AM.