Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Who do you think should be in the Batfam

Throughout the years Dc has increased the size but how big should it be? Who do you think should be out and who should be in?

Batman, Alfred, Gordon, Dick, Barbara, Jason, Tim, Damian, and Batwoman—anything more and the roster is bloated.

/thread

who should he in it: whoever is in it.
    who should be out: whoever isn't in it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Batman, Alfred, Gordon, Dick, Barbara, Jason, Tim, Damian, and Batwoman—anything more and the roster is bloated.

/thread
    What about Huntress?

If I had to do a Batfam purge, I'm cool with it just being Bruce, Selina, Alfred, the five Robins, and the three Batgirls (one of whom is also one of the Robins). I don't need anyone else. I like Luke and Kate. Don't need 'em though. I dont have any problems with Duke or Harper. Don't need 'em though. Don't need any more new members either. Just the ten I listed.

Incredible Member

like 40 people
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

There are two definitions here
    People who have spent enough time together that they feel like a family
    or
    People who are united by a common goal and symbol, being the bat, that they are called a family even though they are not as closed as biological or adopted family living in a same house. The family being a term used to unite them, but they still have professional setting.

The first one is like a regular adopted family
    The second one is like the Yakuza

Which one are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There are two definitions here
    People who have spent enough time together that they feel like a family
    or
    People who are united by a common goal and symbol, being the bat, that they are called a family even though they are not as closed as biological or adopted family living in a same house. The family being a term used to unite them, but they still have professional setting.

The first one is like a regular adopted family
    The second one is like the Yakuza

Which one are you talking about
    I think there are also those who are loosely associated with the Batfamily because they're connected or close to one member without being "core" Batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there are also those who are loosely associated with the Batfamily because they're connected or close to one member without being "core" Batfamily.
    I'm assuming core is the first definition.

If they're not in the Bat-Yakuza I'm not counting them. It's too far. Even the Bat-Yakuza is loose enough you can include Batman Inc members in it.

Okay for example should people like Huntress or Signal be consider core Batfam? I kind of feel it's getting to crowded

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Okay for example should people like Huntress or Signal be consider core Batfam? I kind of feel it's getting to crowded
    Signal yes. He's been living long enough in the Manor to be close enough to Bruce and calling Cass sister. The only problem is how separated the Bat family when he joined, with Dick in Bludhaven, Jason Outlawing, Tim dead then distancing and Damian distancing... that they're interactions are limited to short moments so he doesn't feel close, but since the central figure of the family is Batman, just being close to Batman beyond the professional capacity is enough.

Rebirth Huntress no. She's close to Dick and Babs but her interaction with Batman is "I like us to remain not knowing each other" and she joins in whenever a fighter is needed but she still keeps to herself.

Post Crisis Huntress is closer, but I'm still gonna say no, unless there's a relationship development I'm missing, because Batman still keeps her at arms length most of the time. She needs to feel some familial connection to Batman or at least closer than professional to be considered as a candidate for core.

Rebirth Huntress can be considered Babs-Family tho, since she opens up to Babs.

Everybody thats in it now should be in it
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Wait is Batwing still in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    No, if they are core Batfamily the there really isn’t a core Batfamily then.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Signal yes. He's been living long enough in the Manor to be close enough to Bruce and calling Cass sister. The only problem is how separated the Bat family when he joined, with Dick in Bludhaven, Jason Outlawing, Tim dead then distancing and Damian distancing... that they're interactions are limited to short moments so he doesn't feel close, but since the central figure of the family is Batman, just being close to Batman beyond the professional capacity is enough.

Rebirth Huntress no. She's close to Dick and Babs but her interaction with Batman is "I like us to remain not knowing each other" and she joins in whenever a fighter is needed but she still keeps to herself.

Post Crisis Huntress is closer, but I'm still gonna say no, unless there's a relationship development I'm missing, because Batman still keeps her at arms length most of the time. She needs to feel some familial connection to Batman or at least closer than professional to be considered as a candidate for core.

Rebirth Huntress can be considered Babs-Family tho, since she opens up to Babs.
    Duke lives with his uncle who is his legal guardian not at the Manor. Not sure he ever lived at the manor