Page 45 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

So that's where that shot of Oracle comes from. I love the cover by the way for the Oracle one-shot. Shame it rewriters Year One. I love the scene where Steph slaps Bruce. I love this issue a lot

Thursday July 23, 2020 11:00am – 12:00pm
    Comic-Con@Home
    1: Programs, Books, Kids

11:00am

Batgirls!
    Watch When Available!
    YouTube: https://youtu.be/YI5efMvwXBE
    Odds are, when most people hear the name "Batgirl, " the first character to come to mind is Barbara Gordon, Commissioner Gordon's daughter. First appearing in 1967, she's been a comic mainstay, first as Batgirl and then as Oracle. But as is tradition in the Bat-family, when things happen, the cowl can been passed from hero to hero. From Stephanie Brown to Cassandra Cain to The Bat Girls, each having a wildly different take on the role of caped crusader. Join Cecil Castellucci (Batgirl -Barbara Gordon), Sarah Kuhn (Batgirl -Cassandra Cain), Bryan Q. Miller (Batgirl -Stephanie Brown), Nancy Kiu (Batwoman -Kate Kane), Marieke Nijkamp (Oracle -Barbara Gordon) and Dr. Andrea Letamendi (The Arkham Sessions) who have brought these different iconic versions of Batgirl to life in a celebration of what makes them different and what makes them Batgirl.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/thur...nhome-is-here/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-09-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    So that's where that shot of Oracle comes from. I love the cover by the way for the Oracle one-shot. Shame it rewriters Year One. I love the scene where Steph slaps Bruce. I love this issue a lot
    This is such a lovely one-shot, and honestly, it feels like it's also an issue that is directly part of the rest of the series. Because the two previous issues were one-shots, it doesn't stand out, and it leads directly into the next issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thursday July 23, 2020 11:00am – 12:00pm
    Comic-Con@Home
    1: Programs, Books, Kids

11:00am

Batgirls!
    Watch When Available!
    YouTube: https://youtu.be/YI5efMvwXBE
    Odds are, when most people hear the name "Batgirl, " the first character to come to mind is Barbara Gordon, Commissioner Gordon's daughter. First appearing in 1967, she's been a comic mainstay, first as Batgirl and then as Oracle. But as is tradition in the Bat-family, when things happen, the cowl can been passed from hero to hero. From Stephanie Brown to Cassandra Cain to The Bat Girls, each having a wildly different take on the role of caped crusader. Join Cecil Castellucci (Batgirl -Barbara Gordon), Sarah Kuhn (Batgirl -Cassandra Cain), Bryan Q. Miller (Batgirl -Stephanie Brown), Nancy Kiu (Batwoman -Kate Kane), Marieke Nijkamp (Oracle -Barbara Gordon) and Dr. Andrea Letamendi (The Arkham Sessions) who have brought these different iconic versions of Batgirl to life in a celebration of what makes them different and what makes them Batgirl.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/thur...nhome-is-here/
    BRYAN Q. MILLER!!!!!!!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    BRYAN Q. MILLER!!!!!!!
    Why are you surprised? If they will speak about Stephanie as Batgirl, it has sense they will include Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Why are you surprised? If they will speak about Stephanie as Batgirl, it has sense they will include Bryan Q. Miller.
    Because they have been deliberately ignoring Steph's time as Batgirl for a few years now. But they did get him to do the interview for Steph's 25th anniversary, so it's not too surprising. I just wish they'd actually hire him to write comics (with Steph in them) again.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

Because they have been deliberately ignoring Steph's time as Batgirl for a few years now. But they did get him to do the interview for Steph's 25th anniversary, so it's not too surprising. I just wish they'd actually hire him to write comics (with Steph in them) again.
    Agreed. The world needs more Steph. I'm glad she's in YJ but she's there as Tim's girlfriend/ally. I'd love a solo or team book that had her as a focus character

For those who were waiting for her, Steph shows up in Hope at worlds end #5. No not just a background cameo, as part of the story with Damian.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    For those who were waiting for her, Steph shows up in Hope at worlds end #5. No not just a background cameo, as part of the story with Damian.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the heads up!
    I think you will really like the issue! Seems like the sort of issue a mega Steph fan will like!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think you will really like the issue! Seems like the sort of issue a mega Steph fan will like!
    I have now had a chance to do a first quick read. And that was very good! Steph's part was really serious and thoughtful, very nice! And the ending, though hinted at in the first issue, was very well done!

I have now had a chance to do a first quick read. And that was very good! Steph's part was really serious and thoughtful, very nice! And the ending, though hinted at in the first issue, was very well done!
    now we wait for the heartbreak when Steph sacrifices herself for Damian! The fact she hasn't been seen in Dead Planet worries me! I think she might not survive till the end sadly.

Astonishing Member

I love Stephanie in this issue. I really hope she survives.

Some jokes I though when I see the last page:

"Stephanie, taking advantage of Batman's death to level up. Classic".

"Are you sure you don't want to be the Flash? That speed to change clothes is incredible"

Fantastic Member

"Are you sure you don't want to be the Flash? That speed to change clothes is incredible"
    I'm just concerned Jon was looking her way while she changed.

now we wait for the heartbreak when Steph sacrifices herself for Damian! The fact she hasn't been seen in Dead Planet worries me! I think she might not survive till the end sadly.
    For self protection, I'm assuming Steph is going to die. I hope that it's a good one, like Mister Miracle and Barda. Have Jason, Cass, and Ravager shown up in Dead Planet?

She IS a Robin, and they learned from the best at speedy changes - Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    I'm just concerned Jon was looking her way while she changed.
    Well, I choose to believe this is in the world of the Robin 80th Anniversary Special, where Steph has her own changing room, and being smart, she installed lead lined drapes.

Incredible Member

I thought that was pretty cool.

While as Spoiler, Steph is considerably taller than Damian, as Robin doesn't it appear that she truly TOWERS above him? It's definitely not how Nguyen drew them in #1. Probably done for effect here. I keep checking to see if she's standing on something, but only on her Spoiler cape (I guess that's what she's dragging along the ground).

You guys are funny! I thought maybe she had the Robin costume already on underneath, but the timing of that preparation wouldn't make any sense, for several reasons. Plus imagine how hot that would be. One costume is already one too many. Also - whose Robin costume is she wearing? Is it identifiable as Dick's, Jason's or Todd's? Or did she have one at the Batcave, putting her previous time as Robin into the DCeased continuity?

As for dying, against ALL odds she made it this far on her own, outlasting Batman, Dick and Tim. And now she has some super-powered allies that we know will survive. Taylor may be too original to kill Steph "again." But then again -- as with his Suicide Squad, nobody is safe.