Page 10 of 91 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    If card stocks don't already come dinged in one of the corners, rub one the wrong way or drop it and it will get dinged. Regular covers are much more resilient. Card stocks also show smudges easily, and you can't really see near the staple unless you fold it back flat - kind of like TPBs. You can't see double-page spreads easily or any panel that crosses the centerline. And DC house style involves lots of such pages. (You don't see that art style much, or may not even at all, with Marvel or other publishers. Same freelance artists but working for different art directors.)

I liked Shadow of the Batgirl, and Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass (which has incredible artwork, character posture and expressions so in sync with the text that it's as if performed by live actors).

Mera was ok but it also has some odd juxtapositions, missing panels or scenes - or, missing chapter breaks which could explain some transitions. And I thought the book started very strong and got progressively weaker. Interestingly, Super Sons was the first Zoom and Mera was the first Ink. So I think they've gotten better.

I'll eventually get around to Under the Moon: Catwoman and Teen Titans:Raven. Sounds like Black Canary would also be worthwhile.
    I've never had those problems with cardstock covers. Interesting. I don't really wanna go dropping my comics to find out, though.

I agree that the titles have gotten better, but they're also just going in directions with characters I'm not as interested in. And no Steph.

Black Canary: Ignite is definitely worthwhile!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I have liked Bendis's Steph in YJ (both our version and Earth 3), but I don't think he's going to provide the explanation, given that he said he was going to do more with her, but the Bat-office pulled her because they have plans.

But what plans, at this point? It's been many months since he said that, and we've gotten nothing except covers and possibly a short story that MIGHT include her in the Robin special.
    hmmmm maybe the Robin Special will hint at whatever is planned for Steph?

Or maybe Steph has a role to play in 5G?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    hmmmm maybe the Robin Special will hint at whatever is planned for Steph?

Or maybe Steph has a role to play in 5G?
    I will (obviously) take what I can get, but I'm really frustrated at the lack of communication or...anything for Steph fans.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

I've never had those problems with cardstock covers. Interesting. I don't really wanna go dropping my comics to find out, though.
    Not recommended! I never exactly plan on dropping - well, anything -- but that's the sad thing about any accident - it happens and is over before you realizing it's even starting.

I agree that the titles have gotten better, but they're also just going in directions with characters I'm not as interested in. And no Steph.
    I feel like that.. Specially watching Birds of prey

HARLEY AGAIN??? There is not ENOUGH OF HER? BIRDS OF PREY was one GOOD CHANGE to Steph return(she even has Cass here) but for this clown existence I should continue waiting more.

But DC prefers more of HARLEY CRAZY ADVENTURES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I feel like that.. Specially watching Birds of prey

HARLEY AGAIN??? There is not ENOUGH OF HER? BIRDS OF PREY was one GOOD CHANGE to Steph return(she even has Cass here) but for this clown existence I should continue waiting more.

But DC prefers more of HARLEY CRAZY ADVENTURES
    Can you explain what this means?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I think adrikito was hoping that since Cass was in the Birds of Prey movie, Steph might show up.

Cass was out of character, Barbara was omitted entirely, why would anyone expect Steph to show up? Batgirl fans - all three Batgirls - were definitely let down by that film.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Oh. I thought he was talking about Birds of Prey comic. Never thought there was a possibility Steph would be in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cass was out of character, Barbara was omitted entirely, why would anyone expect Steph to show up? Batgirl fans - all three Batgirls - were definitely let down by that film.
    We must hope for better things. Sigh. I wish there was a Young Jutices tv show comic to flesh out Steph and Cass and so many other characters.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Coincidentally, one of the dialogue editors for this disappointing film's name is Stephanie Brown.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Sunlitlak...90332525125632

Oh. I thought he was talking about Birds of Prey comic. Never thought there was a possibility Steph would be in the movie.
    He said he was watching it, not reading it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by GaryFisher View Post
    Coincidentally, one of the dialogue editors for this disappointing film's name is Stephanie Brown.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Sunlitlak...90332525125632
    I saw that! It was pretty amusing.

Amazing Member

I'd like Steph would join the outsiders but well Rebirth has been awful to her, she's only Tim's girlfriend. I don't have hopes for 5G

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    I'd like Steph would join the outsiders but well Rebirth has been awful to her, she's only Tim's girlfriend. I don't have hopes for 5G
    I would disagree that Steph is only Tim's girlfriend in Rebirth. Yes, Tim plays a big part of her motivations, but she has her own goals and perspective, just as she did when she was Tim's girlfriend before the n52.

Hill has been pretty uninterested in Steph, sadly, so I don't think there's any chance of her showing up there.