Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
The main covers seem to have a very digital painterly style as a group, similar to Joshua Middleton, Dereck Chew, or Artgerm's styles.
Yes, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
...I don't want to derail too much, since we've already talked about the problems with Batgirl #50 for a long time, but...

why is this issue getting a reprint? That's horrible! This combined with Castellucci getting "The Batfamily" short story in Death Metal seems to imply that DC thinks that Castellucci is the writer of the Batfamily in the future.

It is a nice cover, though.

I would panic too if I thought Castelluci would ever be allowed near a Batgirl title again, but apparently this has nothing to do with her.

I just read what Bleeding Cool had to say about it earlier today, quoting DC:

October's Batgirl #50 by Cecil Castellucci, Emanuela Lupacchino, Aneke, and Marguerite Sauvage wasn't just the final issue of the most recent series starring Barbara Gordon–it was also the comic book debut of Ryan Wilder, who will be seen on-screen on The CW starting early next year as the new Batwoman!

In response to demand for this key first appearance, DC returns to press for a Batgirl #50 second printing, in stores in December! The issue will feature a new cover by artist Riley Rossmo.

So is that more, or less, depressing?