Page 33 of 91 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

ROBIN STEPH... Wow.

What is happening here?? What comic is this? She canīt be Robin knowing that the guy under batman mantle is Damian. TAYLOR.. He was not in DCEASED WORLD? Or is or will be in another comic now??

NEW SUPERSONS PROJECT??? KILL ME Miller.

Is the 2nd time that I listen BAD NEWS for Damian today.. The other is related with the Bat Who laughs universe. But with what Bendis made with Damian in LEGION I am tired of Evil versions of Damian.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-19-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    ROBIN STEPH... Wow.

What is happening here?? What comic is this? She canīt be Robin knowing that the guy under batman mantle is Damian.

TAYLOR.. He was not in DCEASED WORLD? Or is or will be in another comic now??
    In DCeased, Jon is several years older than this.

Steph does not appear to be dressed as a Robin.

So, we'll see!

Thanks for the information:

"DCeased: Hope at World’s End will expand the story of the Anti-Life War, featuring Superman and Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Stephanie Brown, Wally West, Jimmy Olsen, and more," reads DC's official description.

With Hope at World's End, we finally get to tell the tale of what Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Black Adam, Wink, the Aerie, Martian Manhunter, Black Manta, Steph Brown, Robin, Superboy and more did to save as much of humanity as they could,” concluded Taylor. “And Super Sons fans won't want to miss the apocalyptic adventures of Damian and Jon as they stand up to the worst crisis the Earth has ever seen, and take their first steps on the road to becoming the next World's Finest.”
    New Steph Stuff is always Welcome.

I will try to forget my Hate for SS for Steph. However...

IS DCEASED WORLD.. Steph can die in a TERRIBLE WAY... What I should make MILLER?
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-19-2020 at 07:13 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

ROBIN STEPH... Wow.

What is happening here?? What comic is this? She canīt be Robin knowing that the guy under batman mantle is Damian. TAYLOR.. He was not in DCEASED WORLD? Or is or will be in another comic now??

NEW SUPERSONS PROJECT??? KILL ME Miller.

Is the 2nd time that I listen BAD NEWS for Damian today.. The other is related with the Bat Who laughs universe. But with what Bendis made with Damian in LEGION I am tired of Evil versions of Damian.
    Thanks for the information:

New Steph Stuff is always Welcome.

I will try to forget my Hate for SS for Steph. However...

IS DCEASED WORLD.. Steph can die in a TERRIBLE WAY... What I should make MILLER?
    I am not sure what I think. On the one hand, I don't enjoy zombie stories, including DCeased. On the other hand, Steph being Robin and in this series is exciting. On the third hand, I think it's very likely that Steph won't survive this series - though she'll probably go out heroically, similar to the characters in Unkillables. And Dustin Nguyen doing art for Stephanie Brown is always good.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

We can always expect to the review. If she dies probably it will be mentioned

Or wait some days after the release. DC wiki will confirm which characters died in the comic.

We can always expect to the review. If she dies probably it will be mentioned

Or wait some days after the release. DC wiki will confirm which characters died in the comic.
    We will indeed have to keep our ears peeled. Though the first chapter is out, for those who want to check it out: https://www.comixology.com/DCeased-H...GlzdC9Jc3N1ZXM
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

Here it is. The full first chapter of the 'Steph as Robin in Young Justice' story.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1358984...rriors-of-Hope

Full disclosure, Steph will share 'main character' position with the Linda Danvers version of Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post

So, we'll see!
    It IS DCeased, a new digital prequel to be exact, and that's a photo of the past.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It IS DCeased, a new digital prequel to be exact, and that's a photo of the past.
    Well then let's hope there's more to this than a single photo!

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post

So, we'll see!
    Yeah. Only Steph Robin hairstyle.

Her costume is black and her cape... I think that is purple.

SPOILER COSTUME.

YOU SHOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT STEPH YET MILLER. She only appeared in that image. Jimmy Olsen is who most appeared here.

Seems that is rebooted and Damian is now like in the current universe and Superkid is a kid in the comic again... Or is the previous artist fault that made us see them older.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-20-2020 at 01:14 AM.

Welcome to the Batgirl: Stephanie Brown reread, Week 8! (Schedule starts here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4916669) Today, we're on Batgirl #8, "Robins are Red...", written by Bryan Q. Miller, pencilled by Talent Caldwell, Yvel Guichet, and John Stanisci, colored by Guy Major, cover by Phil Noto.

Notes: Boomstick! Sadly, not necessarily the most regular of Steph’s weapons, nor one of the one that fans tend to bring up. I think it’s because her mix and match batarangs are simply so much fun. The fortune cookie-spouting training droid is really funny.

I’m not sure how I feel about this issue being in Steph’s new trades. On the one hand, it’s nice to not be missing anything, though I’m curious if anyone feels like this issue adds anything essential to the ongoing story arcs - this is kind of a case of a crossover where the ongoing storyline kind of stops, and I don’t recall much that is passed on to the next few issues. We’ll have to see next week! In the original collections, this was included in the Red Robin trade, as it DOES fit essentially into that run of issues. But since there seems to be no plan to collect Red Robin (sad day!), I’m glad to have a complete set of Batgirl issues available.

Art is by Talent Caldwell, who does the first 18 pages, with Yvel Guichet and John Stanisci finishing the last 4. While Caldwell is not my favorite (though I tend to like his designs, if not his finishes, much better than later guest artist Ramon Bachs), Guichet and Stanisci are just...really painful to look at. All three artists also don’t blend well with the main series artist to this point, Lee Garbett, or even the fill in by Tim Levins in issue #4. They tend to be much sketchier. I do like the textures that Guy Major achieves with the blacks, like Steph and Tim’s capes, though, to say something nice about the art.

BQM, much as I wish he went a bit more with the romance, does a great job with Tim and Steph’s dynamic, and showing how they’ve changed and stay the same.

Cover: Phil Noto’s last cover - not the least engaging of Noto’s covers, but it’s also not his best (I think his first five are the best). It is nice to see Steph and Tim on a cover again, though not nearly as good as our Bonus Comic covers by Marcus To.

Discussion Questions: Why do you think the art was just so...not good? Or does the art work for you? How do you think this issue fits into Steph’s ongoing narrative - how does it connect to what’s coming?

Bonus Comic: Red Robin #9-12, “Collision”, written by Chris Yost, illustrated by Marcus To. The finale to the first year of Red Robin, this arc brings Tim back from his international “finding himself after Bruce died/find Bruce being alive” quest, and shows major character development from the overly dark, mini-Bruce Tim that had been threatening to envelop the normally sunny Tim for a long time. Steph had a major part in issue #10, and is quite fun all the way through, though sadly not as a main character in the finale. The plotting of the arc was really nice, though it led to some really weird deja vu when Gail Simone used the EXACT same plot in her final Batgirl arc in the n52.

(I wrote these at night, very tired and dispirited, so apologies for any mistakes popping through)

Extraordinary Member

Issue 8 is the final 'Steph earns the respect and approval of the batfamily' issue. It takes Tim a longer time to come around than the others not just because he's been out of the country until now, but because of all the hurt he and Steph have caused each other. It was what she did behind his back that caused the rift between them and probably contributed a lot to his downward spiral. What makes it really sad is that it was Batman's fault. Everything she did was on his orders. His machinations pushed Tim down that darker path, the rupturing of their relationship, Tim hitting her and deciding he can't trust her, and ultimately drive Tim from Gotham.

Bruce intended for Tim and Steph to protect Gotham together as Robin and Batgirl, and he blew it big time. Tim was not supposed to develop such an obsession and go around the world looking for cave paintings. If Tim was thinking logically, he would have been at least as angry at Bruce as he was at Steph since she would never have done any of that stuff without Bruce's explicit orders. Steph calling Tim out after she took down Prudence was something he really needed.

Both Batgirl #8 and Red Robin #10 strongly imply that Tim never really respected Steph as a person before. He may have loved her, but he always thought he was better than her. When they started dating she didn't know who he was beneath the mask, and when Batman told her his name was Tim he got angry with her as much as with Batman - sensing a pattern there of him blaming Steph for things which are Batman's fault. These issues paint their relationship as more like her being Tim's dirty little secret he kept from Batman and his super-powered pals. I can definitely see that in the Dixon run, but under Lewis and even the first couple of issues of Willingham before Tim just randomly started ignoring her for no reason they seemed like actual equals in their relationship.

It's good that Tim is finally learning to respect her in this arc, but it's probably too late for their relationship. They both hurt each other too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Issue 8 is the final 'Steph earns the respect and approval of the batfamily' issue. It takes Tim a longer time to come around than the others not just because he's been out of the country until now, but because of all the hurt he and Steph have caused each other. It was what she did behind his back that caused the rift between them and probably contributed a lot to his downward spiral. What makes it really sad is that it was Batman's fault. Everything she did was on his orders. His machinations pushed Tim down that darker path, the rupturing of their relationship, Tim hitting her and deciding he can't trust her, and ultimately drive Tim from Gotham.

Bruce intended for Tim and Steph to protect Gotham together as Robin and Batgirl, and he blew it big time. Tim was not supposed to develop such an obsession and go around the world looking for cave paintings. If Tim was thinking logically, he would have been at least as angry at Bruce as he was at Steph since she would never have done any of that stuff without Bruce's explicit orders. Steph calling Tim out after she took down Prudence was something he really needed.

Both Batgirl #8 and Red Robin #10 strongly imply that Tim never really respected Steph as a person before. He may have loved her, but he always thought he was better than her. When they started dating she didn't know who he was beneath the mask, and when Batman told her his name was Tim he got angry with her as much as with Batman - sensing a pattern there of him blaming Steph for things which are Batman's fault. These issues paint their relationship as more like her being Tim's dirty little secret he kept from Batman and his super-powered pals. I can definitely see that in the Dixon run, but under Lewis and even the first couple of issues of Willingham before Tim just randomly started ignoring her for no reason they seemed like actual equals in their relationship.

It's good that Tim is finally learning to respect her in this arc, but it's probably too late for their relationship. They both hurt each other too much.
    That's a great throughline! I didn't see that in this read, but now I think I remember hearing someone else (maybe even BQM) way back when saying something similar - that Steph is basically doing a grand tour of the Batfamily earning their respect - first Babs, then Dick and Damian, now Tim.

I think there were definitely times Tim respected Steph (his comments in Teen Titans after Steph was Robin were pretty solid), but I think Steph has levelled up in a surprising way. Also, Tim is starting to come to a better place, where I would say everything from Robin 176 (RIP and FabNic's really frustrating treatment of Tim and Steph) has been pushing him to a much worse place).

Extraordinary Member

This might be the first time I posted a fic in the CBR Steph thread and got no reaction.