Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Excellent that you've given this so much thought. I'm not completely familiar with all of the other stories, but then again no one is asking any one person to have done so. Convergence is a fine idea. The more recent Detective is really a Spoiler story, so that could be for extra credit later.

It might be nice to dedicate a thread to a re-read so people who are interested in that - now, or much later in the future - can go through that without extraneous posts. Conversely, people only interested in things like upcoming Young Justice stories might want to only see them. But it's likely I'm overcomplicating things.

This is already a 20 page topic and it's only 3 months into the year, so the re-read posts would ultimately be utterly lost in a 100-page topic. And who would even know the re-read existed? I'm thinking about all of the scholars of the 22nd century researching all of this at archive.org. Heh.

What do others think?
    I mean, I edit the Steph wiki, and I created all of the Chronologies, so I have read every issue she's done and at least checked to see how it fits in order, though some not in 6 years. The reason I suggest the Detective story is because Convergence isn't super well loved, so I'd want a bit more positive note to end on for the community.

Given that we're not going to get any upcoming Young Justice stories for at least two months, likely, my suggestion is to use this thread, and when/if comics start back up again, let's see if we need another thread at that point.

As for navigating the thread - I will be creating a template with anchor links to the reading order and stuff to start every week, so it won't be too hard to navigate for newbies.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Marcio Takara has posted a lovely little sketch of Robin:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XM4tqnR9k/

IMG_4680.jpg

I can't say I've seen Steph with green batearings before.

Heh - batarang, batearing. Can pronounce them almost the same way, if you take some poetic license.

IMG_4680.jpg

Heh - batarang, batearing. Can pronounce them almost the same way, if you take some poetic license.
    Takara is amazing. I should find out how much a commission of his is...for Steph reasons...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

IMG_4680.jpg

Well, Tim's costume had the R on his chest as a throwing instrument. I don't see why Stephanie couldn't use bat-earrings the same way. Though that strikes me as more of a Batgirl thing than a Robin thing.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Well, Tim's costume had the R on his chest as a throwing instrument. I don't see why Stephanie couldn't use bat-earrings the same way. Though that strikes me as more of a Batgirl thing than a Robin thing.
    I feel like it was more "this looks really cute" than practical.

Well, yeah. I only brought it up because of the comparison made in that part between bat-earrings and batarangs.
    Rogue wears rouge.

what are the chances that Stephanie will get to be a sidekick on the Batwoman show?

*cringe* After seeing how Cassandra was handled in the Birds of Prey movie, I'm not sure I want to see Stephanie anywhere near the Batwoman TV series.
    Rogue wears rouge.

*cringe* After seeing how Cassandra was handled in the Birds of Prey movie, I'm not sure I want to see Stephanie anywhere near the Batwoman TV series.
    Agreed. In terms of current properties:

Do not really want her in the DCEU. Because while I'd trust James Wan with her, he's not in Gotham.
    Do not want her in Harley Quinn, because despite enjoying that show a lot, I don't want to see a Steph similar to what they did with Damian.
    Do not want her in any CW show, because of what they did to Huntress (and the generally low quality of dialogue)
    Don't want her in the Titans/Doom Patrol universe, because that's way too edgy (much as I do enjoy most of Titans).
    She is in Young Justice, and if they would just give her an episode, I think it'd be fine, but it seems like they have too many characters to do that, sadly.
    Teen Titans Go...maybe? But probably not.
    Do not want her in DC Super Hero Girls, because despite very cute designs, the way they did Bruce Wayne was really not something I enjoyed, so I don't really want to see them do the rest of the Batfamily (also, Babs is too silly for Steph to have any contrast).

So? Steph's the only character who is BOTH.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So? Steph's the only character who is BOTH.
    And more besides!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Agreed. In terms of current properties:

Do not really want her in the DCEU. Because while I'd trust James Wan with her, he's not in Gotham.
    Do not want her in Harley Quinn, because despite enjoying that show a lot, I don't want to see a Steph similar to what they did with Damian.
    Do not want her in any CW show, because of what they did to Huntress (and the generally low quality of dialogue)
    Don't want her in the Titans/Doom Patrol universe, because that's way too edgy (much as I do enjoy most of Titans).
    She is in Young Justice, and if they would just give her an episode, I think it'd be fine, but it seems like they have too many characters to do that, sadly.
    Teen Titans Go...maybe? But probably not.
    Do not want her in DC Super Hero Girls, because despite very cute designs, the way they did Bruce Wayne was really not something I enjoyed, so I don't really want to see them do the rest of the Batfamily (also, Babs is too silly for Steph to have any contrast).
    I haven't seen Bruce in the new DCSHG but their take on Robin is pretty bad, and I don't expect we'll see much more Batfamily then who they've already introduced.

They already have Babs as Batgirl in the HQ cartoon so I doubt we'd see Steph. I don't think they'd handle her like they did Damian though.

I think she definitely suffers from YJ having too many characters to adequately focus on. Well, that and her VA not being able to differentiate that well from her Wonder Girl voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't seen Bruce in the new DCSHG but their take on Robin is pretty bad, and I don't expect we'll see much more Batfamily then who they've already introduced.

They already have Babs as Batgirl in the HQ cartoon so I doubt we'd see Steph. I don't think they'd handle her like they did Damian though.

I think she definitely suffers from YJ having too many characters to adequately focus on. Well, that and her VA not being able to differentiate that well from her Wonder Girl voice.

It's a shame - I feel like DC Super Hero Girls is a fun property, but I've never been able to get into it. Which...I'm a mid-30s man. I don't think it's bad that DC Super Hero Girls, aimed at pre-tween girls, doesn't really appeal to me. But there you go.

We'll have to see how they handle Babs in Harley Quinn. I'm not a fan of the capeless look, but that could just be the circumstances, not the normal costume.

I'm a big Mae Whitman fan, so I don't knock her for the voice. That being said, it would have been nice to have more focus on Steph than Harper Row...

It's a shame - I feel like DC Super Hero Girls is a fun property, but I've never been able to get into it. Which...I'm a mid-30s man. I don't think it's bad that DC Super Hero Girls, aimed at pre-tween girls, doesn't really appeal to me. But there you go.
    True. But I wouldn't be surprised if DCSHG ends up with something like the Brony phenomenon: for one thing, the same lady who was responsible for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was also behind the relaunch of DCSHG; and you can more or less draw direct connections between most of the main cast of each: Batgirl is Twilight Sparkle (the bookish one), Supergirl is Rainbow Dash (the competitive one), Bumblebee is Fluttershy (the shy one), Zatanna is Rarity (the fashionable one), and Wonder Woman is Applejack (the family-oriented one).

But that's neither here nor there, because millernumber1 is right that there wouldn't be enough to distinguish between DCSHG Batgirl and Stephanie.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I'm a big Mae Whitman fan, so I don't knock her for the voice. That being said, it would have been nice to have more focus on Steph than Harper Row...
    Oh, I love Mae Whitman. She just doesn't really sound much different as Steph then she does as Wonder Girl, which is probably why they gave her Spoiler voice that modulator .

I think they could have focused a lot more on the Batman Inc kids then they did, but then they probably would have been accused of favoring the Batfamily more then anybody else. But, again, too many characters.