Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
Better pre-order it! I can't count on getting any copy of anything, even a main cover, and even if I come in on Wednesday, but especially if it's a variant. Retailers these days increasingly try to sell out and avoid back inventory, which they have trouble selling. Not too many people show up asking for issues from a few weeks earlier.

The retailers may not order many, if any, Robin variants. They might have been burned getting stuck with extra copies of Detective #1000 and Action #1000, and cut back on the variants of Wonder Woman #750. Now we have Robin, then will have Joker and Catwoman spectaculars with "decades" variant covers, and DC seems to be pushing something that is going to exhaust the buying public's resources.

Most shops don't require payment in advance, and offer discounts, for pre-ordering. But it's not cool to pre-order something and then not show up to buy it!

It will be interesting to see how many Steph variants sell, but we'll never know - sales stats don't break out the variants unless they cost a different price than the main cover. And even then, don't distinguish between them. On the one hand, it's a striking cover. On the other hand, Robin fans may understandably gravitate to one of the more traditional Robins! And most casual fans don't pay close attention to solicitations and may be unaware of all of the different variants.
Well, I will continue to champion this gorgeous cover for our girl everywhere, and buy it and proudly post about it!!!!