Page 70 of 91 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1364
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    No. She never mention Batman especifically.

Stephanie says "We didn't exactly get permission. Should we wait..."

Also, that was after the change of suit. You can notice the Bat ears in Cassandra's suit.

So, I don't think Barbara knows either.
    They don't need Babs approval.

Incredible Member

More to say later about The Symbol, but also out today is DCeased: Hope at World's End #10.

Steph steps in to successfully protect Damian. (Taylor gets political here. Steph sends the guy's baseball cap flying. It's not a red hat, but might as well be. The guy doesn't believe in the infection, and is deliberately trying to expose others. That's plucked right from the headlines.)

Besides that, she stands around looking fierce, and makes some dismissive remarks. Considering Jon and Cassie are there, she holds her own.

Her long-term prospects don't look good, though. Even her short-term prognosis looks dicey.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    More to say later about The Symbol, but also out today is DCeased: Hope at World's End #10.

Steph steps in to successfully protect Damian. (Taylor gets political here. Steph sends the guy's baseball cap flying. It's not a red hat, but might as well be. The guy doesn't believe in the infection, and is deliberately trying to expose others. That's plucked right from the headlines.)

Besides that, she stands around looking fierce, and makes some dismissive remarks. Considering Jon and Cassie are there, she holds her own.

Her long-term prospects don't look good, though. Even her short-term prognosis looks dicey.
    i'm worried. Also didn't #10 come out a little while ago?
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    They don't need Babs approval.
    No, but it would've been nice to see the three of them together and to see Babs supporting them.

Incredible Member

i'm worried. Also didn't #10 come out a little while ago?
    Sorry - you're right, it was last week. And I see I even commented briefly on it. Well, now I had more to say I guess.

I think I get the Tom Taylor digitals mixed up. He's running two now, both of them tie-ins to his own prior work.

The latest installment of Injustice: Year Zero is actually the one of his that was released today.

Incredible Member

Sorry - you're right, it was last week. And I see I even commented briefly on it. Well, now I had more to say I guess.

I think I get the Tom Taylor digitals mixed up. He's running two now, both of them tie-ins to his own prior work.

The latest installment of Injustice: Year Zero is actually the one of his that was released today.
    Wait Year 0 is coming out?

I read War Zone, it was nice. I haven't adjusted to seeing the Spoiler suit with the bat symbol yet
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

From what I hear, you can expect a lot more of that sort of thing: the new bosses that AT&T is installing apparently see little value in DC Comics other than as a platform for messaging. Which brings me to:

Stephanie isn't alone in that regard. I hope to be proven wrong; but I fully expect that within a year, nearly everything DC puts out will resemble the new New Warriors or Gotham High, and will essentially be unreadable. At that point Stephanie's future will be sealed along with everyone else's, unless and until management that actually cares about the product gets put in place — which I'd put at a minimum of five years, if ever.

My biggest hope is that DC Comics will get a chance to say a proper farewell with Death Metal before they fall apart. End everyone's stories on a high note, and give us a jumping off point before the train wreck that will follow. Then, when and if someone who cares about the comics gets into a position to write about them, they can pick up from there.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member

Wait Year 0 is coming out?
    Today was digital 99 cent installment #7.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Was not a fan of the politics - but there's a reason I just don't like Taylor as a writer. I thought Steph was fun to see, but she still is just there, not actually doing anything. I'll be really disappointed if she just shows up as she has only to die in the next few issues without actually doing anything interesting to add to her lore.

New artist next week, so that'll be interesting. And she's actually on the cover of #11.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No, but it would've been nice to see the three of them together and to see Babs supporting them.
    I still hope that's how they position them ultimately. As a trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    From what I hear, you can expect a lot more of that sort of thing: the new bosses that AT&T is installing apparently see little value in DC Comics other than as a platform for messaging. Which brings me to:

Stephanie isn't alone in that regard. I hope to be proven wrong; but I fully expect that within a year, nearly everything DC puts out will resemble the new New Warriors or Gotham High, and will essentially be unreadable. At that point Stephanie's future will be sealed along with everyone else's, unless and until management that actually cares about the product gets put in place — which I'd put at a minimum of five years, if ever.

My biggest hope is that DC Comics will get a chance to say a proper farewell with Death Metal before they fall apart. End everyone's stories on a high note, and give us a jumping off point before the train wreck that will follow. Then, when and if someone who cares about the comics gets into a position to write about them, they can pick up from there.
    Hmm. Kind of a dark outlook. I still have hope, even if I'm not always the biggest fan of what DC's doing.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Was not a fan of the politics - but there's a reason I just don't like Taylor as a writer. I thought Steph was fun to see, but she still is just there, not actually doing anything. I'll be really disappointed if she just shows up as she has only to die in the next few issues without actually doing anything interesting to add to her lore.
    Putting politics aside and just considering the action, I wouldn't call that kick nothing - it's at eye level, knocks the guy down and he's seeing stars. (It looks like she's wearing Wonder Girls leggings, and I can see the confusion, but no, the guy was walloped.) All Damian did was stomp on the phone.

But there are a lot of characters to serve, and it's easier to kill them off than juggle a huge number of them and manage to give them all strong moments.

The only lore I expect from this story is the possibility of heroic deaths. Judging by the cliffhanger, it's possible Steph will die saving Damian. Big sister-like. Which would actually be the second time she's saved him, as she just saved him from the phone.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Putting politics aside and just considering the action, I wouldn't call that kick nothing - it's at eye level, knocks the guy down and he's seeing stars. (It looks like she's wearing Wonder Girls leggings, and I can see the confusion, but no, the guy was walloped.) All Damian did was stomp on the phone.

But there are a lot of characters to serve, and it's easier to kill them off than juggle a huge number of them and manage to give them all strong moments.

The only lore I expect from this story is the possibility of heroic deaths. Judging by the cliffhanger, it's possible Steph will die saving Damian. Big sister-like. Which would actually be the second time she's saved him, as she just saved him from the phone.
    Yes, but "kicking a civilian, even a big jerk civilian" isn't exactly something we're going to remember. What I remember from Steph's time as Robin (well, to be honest, I think I remember pretty much everything except the final issue, since I refuse to reread that one very often) is not the time she beat up two muggers in Detective Comics #796, but when she fought Zsasz in that same issue. Well. Okay. I remember both. But fighting Zsasz is the "important" one storywise. I want to get at least something comparable for Steph in this time as Robin.

I'd rather she get a feat, and THEN die saving Damian.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yes, but "kicking a civilian, even a big jerk civilian" isn't exactly something we're going to remember. What I remember from Steph's time as Robin (well, to be honest, I think I remember pretty much everything except the final issue, since I refuse to reread that one very often) is not the time she beat up two muggers in Detective Comics #796, but when she fought Zsasz in that same issue. Well. Okay. I remember both. But fighting Zsasz is the "important" one storywise. I want to get at least something comparable for Steph in this time as Robin.

I'd rather she get a feat, and THEN die saving Damian.
    Well, sure, no question about that.

I guess the pattern, for at least this set of characters, is:

Diana (infected) -> Cassie takes up the mantle
    Kal (infected) -> Jon...
    Bruce (dead) -> Damian...
    Barbara (dead) -> Cass...
    Damian (promoted) -> Steph...

That said, if Taylor wants a trinity to survive and wants Batman to have a Robin (which is what Steph said he needed), and wants there to be a Batgirl, then perhaps we can look forward to the survival of this entire next generation.

I hope I didn't just jinx it.

Well, sure, no question about that.

I guess the pattern, for at least this set of characters, is:

Diana (infected) -> Cassie takes up the mantle
    Kal (infected) -> Jon...
    Bruce (dead) -> Damian...
    Barbara (dead) -> Cass...
    Damian (promoted) -> Steph...

That said, if Taylor wants a trinity to survive and wants Batman to have a Robin (which is what Steph said he needed), and wants there to be a Batgirl, then perhaps we can look forward to the survival of this entire next generation.

I hope I didn't just jinx it.
    The problem with this statement is that while you are mainly right that Taylor is very much focusing on the next generation that comes after our heroes fall, along with survivors like Hawkgirl, Black Lighting, Dinah Lance, and etc., the problem for characters like Steph is that Hope at worlds end is set before the current main series sequel Dead Planet which we have yet to see her in. So that means there are about three or so options for Stephenie here.

1. She dies like a bunch of other heroes in this series
    2. This event is so horrific for her that she retires
    3. She’s alive and well and just hasn’t shown up in Dead Planet yet/remained on Earth 2.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-30-2020 at 06:19 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    The problem with this statement is that while you are mainly right that Taylor is very much focusing on the next generation that comes after our heroes fall, along with survivors like Hawkgirl, Black Lighting, Dinah Lance, and etc., the problem for characters like Steph is that Hope at worlds end is set before the current main series sequel Dead Planet which we have yet to see her in. So that means there are about three or so options for Stephenie here.

1. She dies like a bunch of other heroes in this series
    2. This event is so horrific for her that she retires
    3. She’s alive and well and just hasn’t shown up in Dead Planet yet/remained on Earth 2.
    I hope for #3. It's incredibly dangerous for a non-powered human on Earth, and going there is not a mission to sign up for lightly. Damian went, but "he's Batman." It didn't work out well for Green Arrow.

Robin was not part of the Justice League, so doesn't accompany Batman on tons of missions.

Steph may be on Earth 2 which will still need it's heroes locally (unless it's a Utopia). Maybe she's now Nightwing there, leading the next generation of Titans, whoever they may be.

Astonishing Member

It seems to me that Stephanie will survive, they will just say later in Dead Planet that she remained on Earth-2. The main candidate for sacrifice for Damian is Talia, and it seems to me that Taylor will not kill both her and Stephanie at the same time, it's too hard.