Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Honestly, I miss this Steph and Damian dynamic;

And later on, Steph helps Damian come out of his shell as a kid some more on the trampoline.
    One of the best dynamics in the family. Hopefully Taylor takes advantage of it in Hope at World'd End!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Honestly, I miss this Steph and Damian dynamic;

And later on, Steph helps Damian come out of his shell as a kid some more on the trampoline.
    I missed it too..

Is NOT ENOUGH weird see one female ROBIN than in DC made it even more weird making her even taller than BATMAN..

Stephanie Brown Robin.jpg

PLEASE.. DONīT KILL HER.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I missed it too..

Is NOT ENOUGH weird see one female ROBIN than in DC made it even more weird making her even taller than BATMAN..

PLEASE.. DONīT KILL HER.
    If by "more weird" you mean "more awesome", then yes!

I think, sadly, that we should resign ourselves to her dying, and mostly hope that she is heroic.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Yeah.. AWESOME.

DCeased world is even worst than INJUSTICE in that.. I hope that she dies in Heroic way and not.. transformed into zombie.

UNFORTUNATELY. I think that her dead will be to make him improve as Batman.. Damian started stealing Wondergird jet..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-05-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I missed it too..

PLEASE.. DONīT KILL HER.
    Makes sense for Robin to be taller than Batman there, considering Bats is Damian, who is younger than Steph. They de-aged Wonder Girl to the same age as the Super Sons, but apparently not Steph.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Makes sense for Robin to be taller than Batman there, considering Bats is Damian, who is younger than Steph. They de-aged Wonder Girl to the same age as the Super Sons, but apparently not Steph.
    Not necessarily.

Cassandra is taller than Damian and Jon at that time too. She seems to be de-aged, but still older than Damian and Jon.

So, it is possible Stephanie is de-aged too, but similar age to Cassandra.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Not necessarily.

Cassandra is taller than Damian and Jon at that time too. She seems to be de-aged, but still older than Damian and Jon.

So, it is possible Stephanie is de-aged too, but similar age to Cassandra.
    Eh, frankly even in current continuity Cass can't be much older than Damian with Tim's generation being stuck in 16/17 and Lil' Wayne jumping to 13 in DC Rebirth, i am pretty sure than that is their current age in Taylor's story.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Welcome to the Batgirl: Stephanie Brown reread, Week 19! (Schedule starts here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4916669) Today, we're on Batgirl #18, "Chalk (heart) Outline", written by Bryan Q. Miller, pencilled by Dustin Nguyen, inked by Derek Fridolfs, colored by Guy Major, cover by Dustin Nguyen.

Notes: The famous Valentine’s Day Klarion issue, AKA the issue that made me think Klarion wasn’t a villain! There’s so much whimsy in this issue - the jokes about the “non-witch trials”, “She’s not a witch!”, “Accio fist”, and, of course, “You taste like Christmas,” meaning Steph is pretty much the best. Out of the one-shots in the run so far, even though this is beloved by a huge number of Steph fans, I probably rank it second to last, just above the Clayface one-shot, because I struggle to see what Steph gains out of it. Most of the other one-shots give Steph a feat (beating a major villain, getting props from the public, gaining a relationship with another hero) that is a major step along her journey to being one of the best heroes ever, but this one doesn’t seem to provide quite that element. Maybe you folks can enlighten me!

Cover: Dustin Nguyen gives a taste of his gorgeous watercolors here for the cover.

Discussion Questions: How do you like the different style of art? Do you ship Klarion and Steph? Did Klarion really turn Jordanna into a frog? And, as always, how does this rank against the other one-shots in the run - 4, 13, 14, and 17?

Bonus Comic: Red Robin #20 - part of the (in my opinion) much inferior Fabian Nicieza run of Red Robin, a brief cameo of Steph, better than the last one (where Tim was just kinda gross about being “hormonally attracted” to Steph as Batgirl - the girl of whom FabNic himself wrote in Robin #183, “The girl you love but shouldn’t” - way more than just hormones, sir!)

Bonus Comic: Red Robin #20 - part of the (in my opinion) much inferior Fabian Nicieza run of Red Robin, a brief cameo of Steph, better than the last one (where Tim was just kinda gross about being “hormonally attracted” to Steph as Batgirl - the girl of whom FabNic himself wrote in Robin #183, “The girl you love but shouldn’t” - way more than just hormones, sir!)
    Tim has a fetish for women in Batgirl costumes since Zero Hour, he just couldn't help himself

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member

I love Klarion and Steh's dynamic in that issues and I have to agree that while it's very humorous Steph doesn't really gain much from it.

I posted about this is the Barbara thread a few months back but what would be your pitch for a Batgirl 60th Anniversary Special? Next year will mark the 60th anniversary of the first appearance of Batgirl or "Bat-Girl" as it was spelled then. I'd personally go for a 8 issue miniseries with at least 2 stories per issue to celebrate. I found the Super-Spectaculars rather cramped but that's just my opinion. My breakdown of the 8 issues would be
    #1 is has 2 stories. One with Betty as Bat-Girl preferably set pre-Crisis and having Kathy Kane be a major character. Story 2 would be her as Flamebird. Maybe with the Titans West or Kate.
    Issue 2 would have 2 stories featuring Barbara. The first one would be a Batgirl story either pre-TKJ or post-Oracle. The second would be Oracle, preferably with the Birds of Prey.
    #3 would be Cass' issue and it would have the first story be in her Batgirl days and the second with her as Black Bat operating in Hong Kong or an Orphan story.
    #4 would be Steph's spotlight with a Spoiler story preferably with Tim or Cass being a supporting character and the second would see her as Batgirl with Barbara and Wendy supporting.
    #5 would be focusing on Helena and Charlie. Preferably with the Birds. Not sure if I want this to be one story or two.
    #6 would focus on the Batgirls of the future Nell, Tiffany, and Nissa. Not sure what the pitches would be though
    #7 and #8 would be League of Batgirls with all of them trying to stop a villain from erasing Batgirl from history.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Tim has a fetish for women in Batgirl costumes since Zero Hour, he just couldn't help himself
    Not really. His interactions with Cassandra are decidedly more brotherly than “having a thing for her”.

But yeah; I agree that Fabian's run on Red Robin was vastly inferior to both the run that preceded it and the concurrent Batgirl run.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Not really. His interactions with Cassandra are decidedly more brotherly than “having a thing for her”.

But yeah; I agree that Fabian's run on Red Robin was vastly inferior to both the run that preceded it and the concurrent Batgirl run.
    There is actually an issue in Batgirl (Cassandra's title) when she wore Babs costume and Tim commented how good she look on it (and it stick with Cass to the end of the issue), she also commented in her inner monologue during the Fresh Blood croosover that Tim was phisically attracted to her. But overall you are right, their relationship (especially post Infinite Crisis) was portrayed as sibling like more often than not, especially because they became actual siblings at some point.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    There is actually an issue in Batgirl (Cassandra's title) when she wore Babs costume and Tim commented how good she look on it (and it stick with Cass to the end of the issue), she also commented in her inner monologue during the Fresh Blood croosover that Tim was phisically attracted to her. But overall you are right, their relationship (especially post Infinite Crisis) was portrayed as sibling like more often than not, especially because they became actual siblings at some point.
    Coincidentally this was after War Games, but before Infinite Crisis, where they seemed to be trying to push the two together (and leaves a sour taste in my mouth due to the possibility it was partly why Steph was killed off).

There were all sorts of messed up things taking place right around then; and in particular, Tim was very much acting out of character for much of that time. That said, it was specifically during this time frame that the scene where Tim's brotherly feelings toward Cassandra that most readily comes to mind happens: it was, if I recall correctly, Tim and Cassandra's first team-up after Stephanie died, and in fact featured each of them talking about what Stephanie meant to them. There was a scene in, I think, a warehouse, where they were patching each other up after having been in a fight; and that scene did not convert romantic tension, even latent romantic tension.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member

Solo Vol 1 #10 has a story called the Batt where the writer says that he thinks there is sexual tension and love between Cass and Tim. That is disgusting