Page 15 of 91 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Brad Anderson posting some panels!

https://twitter.com/bdanderson13/sta...88807730577411

Ooh, I REALLY like it. It's very much Scott, but a different look than he did for either Robin or Solo.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Ooh, I REALLY like it. It's very much Scott, but a different look than he did for either Robin or Solo.
    The top panel looks like Buffy Summers training during the 1st series of Dark Horse Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV tie-in comics (while the show was still airing - before there were new "canon seasons" after the show ended).

The bottom panel looks like -- Tiny Titans! It's so much like the trademark Baltazar/Franco mouth. (See Tiny Titans #33.)

The top panel looks like Buffy Summers training during the 1st series of Dark Horse Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV tie-in comics (while the show was still airing - before there were new "canon seasons" after the show ended).

The bottom panel looks like -- Tiny Titans! It's so much like the trademark Baltazar/Franco mouth. (See Tiny Titans #33.)
    That's a very good point. Cliff Richards is a great artist on the Buffy titles (he also did Wonder Woman and Checkmate, as well as many other titles off and on) - and would be great on a Steph story or book. Scott really matched the way Steph looked when she was working out at the beginning of Robin #126 in that panel.

The bottom panel is a really different look - but I love it. It's very cute and determined!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

THANKS for this..

Bruce head looks small here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    THANKS for this..

Bruce head looks small here.
    Well sure - it's an exaggerated perspective, and creates the impression that Batman is huge compared to Stephanie, or that it's how Steph sees him. Steph in costume doesn't look normal either, as Batman is looming over her. It's from his perspective. Her arms are gigantic, legs smaller, feet tiny.

She kind of looks like a pre-teen.

So, anyone get a chance to read "Fitting In" from the Robin 80th Anniversary Special yet? I thought it was really, really good!

So, anyone get a chance to read "Fitting In" from the Robin 80th Anniversary Special yet? I thought it was really, really good!
    I enjoyed it! makes me want more Steph and Bruce team ups!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I enjoyed it! makes me want more Steph and Bruce team ups!
    Agreed! I thought Steph's attitude was great, and the theme of "being your own Robin" was a great reflection of many of the other stories, particularly the Grayson one.

Ugh. "Bat-Computer Profile Designate: Robin (IV), Stephanie Brown, Other aliases: Spoiler." Aren't they forgetting something...? Why doesn't it also say "Batgirl (III)"?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ugh. "Bat-Computer Profile Designate: Robin (IV), Stephanie Brown, Other aliases: Spoiler." Aren't they forgetting something...? Why doesn't it also say "Batgirl (III)"?
    I just took it as "this is a Robin issue." It's not great, but I'm not worried. I'd rather just celebrate how fun Steph's little story was!

Extraordinary Member

Unfortunately this story doesn't fit in with her actual time as Robin. Batman had an ironclad rule - the first time Steph disobeyed any order, she would be fired. There is no way Bruce would not have fired her in this story regardless of what happened with Firefly. Maybe this is an alternate timeline where Bruce was actually serious about having her be Robin and gave her a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Unfortunately this story doesn't fit in with her actual time as Robin. Batman had an ironclad rule - the first time Steph disobeyed any order, she would be fired. There is no way Bruce would not have fired her in this story regardless of what happened with Firefly. Maybe this is an alternate timeline where Bruce was actually serious about having her be Robin and gave her a real chance.
    You have a point, but on the other hand, this is day 3 - and it's the origin of Steph's costume. When Batman gives Steph that order in Robin #126, she already has the costume, so you could say it's afterwards.

You have a point, but on the other hand, this is day 3 - and it's the origin of Steph's costume. When Batman gives Steph that order in Robin #126, she already has the costume, so you could say it's afterwards.
    Im just gonna imagine in my personal headcanon that in the new timeline. Bruce was nicer and less of an arse!

Incredible Member

Also, Batman did not originally allow Stephanie to know his identity during her time as Robin, which this story ignores. Intentional retcon for the new continuity?