Page 56 of 91 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    And Steph has Batsymbol. There is a theory Stephanie could be Batgirl too, since Joker War Zone seems to mention both as Batgirls.

Although it is also possible Stephanie and Cassandra are still Spoiler and Orphan. Tim uses the Robin suit in Nightwing #73, but he is still Drake.
    Really? Where I can see this Steph and Cass with batsymbols? Probably is time to make this.. Someone like Duke obtained it and they appeared in the 90s.

REALLY? It seems that the rumours are making me scared about Damian fate..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-24-2020 at 04:41 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Really? Where I can see this Steph and Cass with batsymbols? Probably is time to make this.. Someone like Duke obtained it and they appeared in the 90s.
    Here ya go:

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Here ya go:

Thanks. I think that I saw this in one Preview with Barbara in ORACLE role but.. I had problems to see them correctly.

Yeah. Steph has the symbol and Cassandra looks like Batgirl again between the mask and the cape.

Astonishing Member

Here ya go:

When I see this image, I wonder if Stephanie has a mask in her eyes too, because her eyes look weird.

When I see this image, I wonder if Stephanie has a mask in her eyes too, because her eyes look weird.
    I think it's just hair and angle of the face. It's a smallish image, and not colored, so I'm assuming it'll make more sense in finished art.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

from bottom (her mask) to top (her hair), it's her eye, eyebrow (angry), and then an inkblot.

Here ya go:

Cass mask is weird, it's like a Spider-Man/Venom mask but with tiny bat ear

Welcome to the Batgirl: Stephanie Brown reread, Week 22! (Schedule starts here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4916669) Today, we're on Batgirl #21, "The Lesson: Unchained Melody", written by Bryan Q. Miller, pencilled by Dustin Nguyen, inked by Derek Fridolfs, colored by Guy Major, cover by Dustin Nguyen.

Notes: Batgirl fighting Harmony is nicely dark and atmospheric, without being oppressive. Wendy’s conversations with her brother, though out of nowhere, are affecting (though also incredibly dark, and kinda make me not want to read that Teen Titans run), even though they’re almost literally out of nowhere in terms of the rest of the series. Steph handling Clancy is rough, but shows how much she’s grown. And her figuring out how to nullify Harmony’s sound gauntlets by creating more sound was fantastic, and the blank speech bubbles incredibly funny.
    The wrap up of the issue is nice, though quick, and Steph’s goodbye to Wendy is touching, and determined. The final page is from Clancy’s perspective, and quite funny, but also show completely why Steph is 100% right about his inability to be a hero right now.

A little bummed that the cool “next issue: Batgirl...Incorporated” tag wasn’t kept for either the old or new trades. All those kinds of little lettering details give me joy in my heart, but trades tend to strip them away.

Cover: This one, with Steph crouching in front of the stained glass, is absolutely gorgeous, and was used as the collection cover for the final trade of her Batgirl series in 2018. It shows off Steph, Grey Ghost, and the church setting for the first part of the book.

Discussion Questions: Where would you say this issue feels in terms of the overall Reaper arc? How does Wendy’s departure work for you?

Bonus Comic: Batman, Incorporated #6 - Steph appears as part of Batman’s closest associates in the Batcave as he announces his war on Leviathan. A very dark issue, most notable for the reintroduction to Cassandra Cain, this time as Black Bat (with a dark, creepy, cool design by Chris Burnham). Two covers featuring Steph on them!

Today's the day! Young Justice #18! What do people think?

Extraordinary Member

I think this was the closest thing to Dixon/Lewis Steph we've gotten since Dixon and Lewis wrote the character. Also enjoyed seeing Cluemaster actually be smart. 'If I raise salaries and give my employees lots of benefits, they'll want to work for me and I can grow a big organization' is a brilliant idea and kind of sets him apart from other villains, applying real-world good business practices to running a criminal empire.

Today's the day! Young Justice #18! What do people think?
    A lot of things that don't make sense in continuety, but I didn't care. It was nice to finally be able to ignore the baggage of N52/Rebirth Steph and how she's been written. This felt like it could've been any of her and Tim's 90s adventures and I loved it. She had some awesome moments too, and even though that's a small thing, it's more than we've gotten in years, so I was really happy with this issue!

Also, another tiny thing, but just seeing them cuddling like that at the end definitely brought me back to happier times for these characters. It's a shame this book's is ending, cuz I'm not jumping for joy about nothing but more TynionSteph for the foreseeable future.

IMG_-upf6xq.jpg

Like even this little moment just made me go "Wow, a writer who doesn't hate her guts. That's refreshing"

Now that Young Justice #18 finally came out, and was a ton of fun, I guess it's back to just waiting with bated breath for that Joker War Zone one-shot. Ngl though, it's giving me a lot of anxiety wondering what direction they're gonna take her. But all we can do is hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I think this was the closest thing to Dixon/Lewis Steph we've gotten since Dixon and Lewis wrote the character. Also enjoyed seeing Cluemaster actually be smart. 'If I raise salaries and give my employees lots of benefits, they'll want to work for me and I can grow a big organization' is a brilliant idea and kind of sets him apart from other villains, applying real-world good business practices to running a criminal empire.
    That's a really good point about it being similar to classic Robin era Steph! I also appreciated that Cluemaster is trying to make villainy more profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by DropOfSaturn View Post
    A lot of things that don't make sense in continuety, but I didn't care. It was nice to finally be able to ignore the baggage of N52/Rebirth Steph and how she's been written. This felt like it could've been any of her and Tim's 90s adventures and I loved it. She had some awesome moments too, and even though that's a small thing, it's more than we've gotten in years, so I was really happy with this issue!

Also, another tiny thing, but just seeing them cuddling like that at the end definitely brought me back to happier times for these characters. It's a shame this book's is ending, cuz I'm not jumping for joy about nothing but more TynionSteph for the foreseeable future.
    There were a few moments that don't quite fit - like Cluemaster saying that he faked his death to get away from Steph, but in #5, he texted her...whatevs, it was great.

I am really sad this book is ending, even though I personally am a big fan of TynionSteph.

Quote Originally Posted by DropOfSaturn View Post
    Now that Young Justice #18 finally came out, and was a ton of fun, I guess it's back to just waiting with bated breath for that Joker War Zone one-shot. Ngl though, it's giving me a lot of anxiety wondering what direction they're gonna take her. But all we can do is hope for the best
    Well, we know from Batman #99 and 100 that she's gonna be working with the whole Batfamily, so that's really exciting to me after the black hole of frustration that was Pennyworth RIP.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I am so happy someone else remembered Roberta!

She had a great costume... and Robin did her wrong!
    If I remember right, wasn’t it for the dumbest reason, too? Like Robin asked her to go get him some peanuts (way to play to ‘50s stereotypes, Dick), and she did, but he thought, “Wait... she knew exactly where the peanuts were in that store without having to ask a clerk. Which means she must shop here as a civilian. And if *I* could figure that out, so could a criminal!”

Yes, Dick, she’s in danger from all the crooks who politely ask her to run errands for them. Brilliant.

Mighty Member

YJ #18 is the perfect example of why I've been so frustrated with Bendis on that series. So much of his work is stretched, and he feels like he just doesn't know how to juggle all the characters. But when he hits the groove just right, he delivers something that hits all the notes in just that right way.

This issue he does it with Tim AND Steph. This is the best I've seen Stephanie portrayed since she was reinstated into the DCU. I LIKE this character. More please.